1.35m below adults need booster seats!!

SimonTan

There are three options given

Child restraints

Or

Booster seats cushions

Or

Adjustable seat belts.

According to the police age is no longer the criteria, height is.

I assume a child restraints are those mini seats with full back rest type.

And booster seats cushions are just the backside bottom seat.

Two questions.

So I want to know what is adjustable seat belts?

Can a sofa square cushion considered as booster seats cushion? Or must buy some approved booster seats?

↡ Advertisement

New seatbelt laws from Jan 1

SINGAPORE - From Jan 1, anyone below the height of 1.35m will have to be secured with a child restraint when they are riding as a passenger in a vehicle.

The new seatbelt law, which enforces a height rather than age limit, was announced today by the police.

Currently, only children below the age of eight have to be secured with a child restraint.

Under the new law, children on small school buses will also have to be secured with the proper restraints or seat belts.

Furthermore, passengers who are below 1.35m in height will not be allowed to sit in the front seat of taxis.

In a press statement issued today, the police also announced that motorcycle learner riders will have to pass two theory tests instead of one from Feb 27, 2012.

That's will have to depends on the parents I guess to decide when to let the baby upgrade to booster seats, instead of baby seats.

I am assuming child restraints are baby seats??

I see lots of loopholes.

Booster seats cushion are not clearly defined!

Also what is adjustable seat belts? A special new installation? Or just some triangle piece attached to the seat belt, to prevent the seat belt from 'cutting' the smaller child neck?

Ummm how would taxi uncle know passenger is 135or 137?.. They will use a measuring tape to measure before allowing anyone board the front seat?...

TP says children taking taxi need to bring their own child seat if they are too short.... <_<

that is the most stupid and absurd comments i ever heard...... [shakehead]

And does this law applies to public transport like buses?

No? So the so called safety has double standards one hor? [rolleyes]

What's next? Oh yeah, a FT woman recently hit her head when the bus suddenly jam brake and she is in critical condition. So buses got to install seat belts also lah? Also mean must increase fare to install the seat belts lah?

So I see....go one big loop just to increase fare. :D

Edited by Watwheels

so what about the mrt trains and buses. they are a mode of transport too and should falls under the same traffic act. kns...135 cm very tall, up to my chest area....how come planes only have those single strap safety belt...shouldnt they have maybe 5 points safety harness as they travel at a very fast speed? [lipsrsealed]

When is the correct age for baby to use booster seat?

provided they can sit upright and can support their back themselves, more for toddler rather than baby

Ummm how would taxi uncle know passenger is 135or 137?.. They will use a measuring tape to measure before allowing anyone board the front seat?...

yes. they rcv letter to put measuring tape in their cab

Correct, so taxi driver must standby booster seat for below 135cm? if dont have cannot take the passenger?...crazy