Driver Seat Vibration In Kia Forte

Coldshot

Hi

A few months back CnC replaced a defective engine mount in my 1yr old forte.

There was some unusual vibrations coming from the steering wheel and driver seat.

After the replacement the vibration has lessened but i can still feel this pulsating vibration from the driver/passenger seat.

This is pretty noticable when the aircon is on and in idle with the gear in 'D'

At 'P' or 'N' the vibration is minimal.

ITs quite frustrating cos i'm not sure if its normal to have such vibrations or is something wrong with the car?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

they replaced with a OEM mounting ,

OEM mounting although some may say it may last much longer , its vibration absorbing isnt as good as the orignial ,so u may still feel some slight vibration after awhile

OEM mounting costs almost half of that of the originals.

Edited by Nismo22

I thought all Korean cars vibrate anyway?

My jap car also vibrate leh.. Due to dirty throttle body n sensitive sensor.. Clean throttle body stop vibrating, after 3000km or so the vibration starts

1 year old and there is defective engine mounting? that is very fast leh...

or is it due to aircon cutting in and out?

but i do agree with chucky it might be dirty TB or MAF sensor..

I noticed that the vibration is worse with the aircon on and the gear engaged. Otherwise its prettt silent

they replaced with a OEM mounting ,

OEM mounting although some may say it may last much longer , its vibration absorbing isnt as good as the orignial ,so u may still feel some slight vibration after awhile

OEM mounting costs almost half of that of the originals.

Is there a way to check if its OEM mounting or not?

I'm not sure if CnC with check the TB or MAF sensor if i tell them to.

Most prob i will get the usual 'its normal' reply from them

Might have to bring it to a private workshop if thats the case but i dont wana void my warranty. My car is only 10k km.

I'm not sure if CnC with check the TB or MAF sensor if i tell them to.

Most prob i will get the usual 'its normal' reply from them

Might have to bring it to a private workshop if thats the case but i dont wana void my warranty. My car is only 10k km.

Under warranty? If so tell them vibration may due to dirty throttle body. c&c will clean it for u foc.. At least if that's not the cause of the problem, yr car will have a clean throttle body.. Haha

Well,most small C.C. 4 cylinders,F.W.D. cars will have some sort of vibration after 1 yr,nothing much can be done...

vibration is not definitely not normal to be felt in driver seat.

Neutral Newbie

I noticed that the vibration is worse with the aircon on and the gear engaged. Otherwise its prettt silent

Your case is almost same as mine. But my case is when aircon kick in RPM drop Vibration will come in. Very prominent especially when headlights is turned on at night. Nothing really can be done though. My is a Jap ride btw.

Your case is almost same as mine. But my case is when aircon kick in RPM drop Vibration will come in. Very prominent especially when headlights is turned on at night. Nothing really can be done though. My is a Jap ride btw.

Maybe some sensors are not working properly.

eh when u on aircon, headlight n engaged gear its normal to feel the slight vibration more prominent..as voltage is use to supply for aircon + headlight..aldou they say 12v but there is noise n thus not constant 12v thru out..

thus causing the vibration to be slightly prominent..but if you are saying your car is 1yr old only.. to me it is relatively new unlikey to be engine mounting..unless to start with the stock engine mounting is a lemon..

since its under warranty, mayb u can ask cnc to check maf n tb 1st lor..at least maf n tb no prob then mayb u can have a direction to narrow the root of the problem else where..or recently u installed any new ICE?

↡ Advertisement