How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

Err I cannot guarantee you la, so far my DSG seems okie, dry clutch one too, I think you will enjoy the car...get the jetta sports....3 years warranty no worries....anything go back to AD and complain until they extend warranty to 5 years

No need kpkb lah, I never complain also got 5 years warrienty

Drive the dry clutch 7 speed dog for the past 1.5 year..

1 major problem -----> no turbo..

Other than that, prepare to wait 1 to 2 months for simple oil change servicing..

So please don't buy.. If not I have to wait up to 3 months for servicing..

Ya hor , TS please dun buy lah go buy BMW or Lexus [laugh] [laugh]

Wow beei u so busy this few weeks har

It's more of spoilt for choice. Don't know if I should go down the traditional IHE route again but considering it's only a 1.6NA, I might be disappointed. Then mechanical mods like clutch and flywheel and final drive are so pricey that have to wait till stock parts give way then change. Other than that, it's the engine internals which gonna cost a bomb and which I don't know much about.

:huh:

Once start cannot stop, so it better not to start at all [laugh]

Ya, must consider carefully hehe. But really at a cross road of choosing between Vw, Skoda and Volvo. I will go for the one that gives 5 years warranty 100K type. For time being will not choose either Honda or Toyota, just not worth the money leh. [;)]

It is just lup turbo only. The simplest and easiest to gain power. No need wonders for that. Anyway, your current car is coming to 5 years and that is great but with the change, lets see how you can smile after that new car hits 5 years too. <_<

Ya, must consider carefully hehe. But really at a cross road of choosing between Vw, Skoda and Volvo. I will go for the one that gives 5 years warranty 100K type. For time being will not choose either Honda or Toyota, just not worth the money leh. [;)]

I hate to sound like a Skoda fanatic but they are giving 5years/ 150,000km. ^_^

150K???? bro u sure or not? thats too daring for a dealer to do that....anyway can pm me if you have any SE in mind that is good? Thank you very much

I hate to sound like a Skoda fanatic but they are giving 5years/ 150,000km. ^_^

It's double edge sword thingy. Only if you service your ride there for straight 5 years at the price they want from you. Missed one and it will be voided.

thats apply to all warranty lah. he want 5 years mean he is prepare to do servicing there for 5 years mah.

dun understand why some kenna wait lonmg long for servicing in vw.

the last time i called i managed to get appointment for servicing 1week later.

hmmm... maybe im lucky :D

Edited by Robo

dun understand why some kenna wait lonmg long for servicing in vw.

the last time i called i managed to get appointment for servicing 1week later.

hmmm... maybe im lucky :D

maybe all want weekend servicing?? most dont want to spend leave on car servicing lor.

↡ Advertisement