How problematic is VW's 7 speed DSG?

Kar_lover

ok i go recommend him. Thanks alot!

Haha. There might be additional discounts. Ask your friend go down and see see look look.

I rmb when COE was $40-50k, the Superb 1.8TSI was selling around $140-$150k. Now it's dropped to $138k, when COE is now $70k

↡ Advertisement

Skoda prices have come down a wee bit.

They've also introduced the 2.0TSI model [makes more sense to me than the 1.8TSI]. And though their prices may be just a few grand cheaper than the VW equivalent, it comes with more equipment as standard.

Interior is a carbon copy from the VW Passat sibling [i think it's better built in the Skoda version], and thanks to longer wheelbase, rear passengers do enjoy a great deal more legroom too!

But, and it's a big but or butt..... The design and exterior looks of the Superb is nothing superb. Haha!

That's why, sales has been rather miserable.... [=(]

And this kind of price, people would rather get the C-Class, or wait for the upcoming 3-Series [=D]

Superb does have its place. its a good alternative if you cannot drive a C-class or 3 Series due to office manager driving a lesser brand/model car. or when you need to keep a low profile.

[blush] whoops [blush]

later i lunch with him must tell him liao. he considering the bmw 1 series. i aint know what a 1 series bmw is :mellow: 3, 5, 7 series i know. 1 i dont know

Haha. There might be additional discounts. Ask your friend go down and see see look look.

I rmb when COE was $40-50k, the Superb 1.8TSI was selling around $140-$150k. Now it's dropped to $138k, when COE is now $70k

eh how come so funny one [crazy] ? COE go up, price come down [confused][confused][confused]

[blush] whoops [blush]

later i lunch with him must tell him liao. he considering the bmw 1 series. i aint know what a 1 series bmw is :mellow: 3, 5, 7 series i know. 1 i dont know

Sure boh? 1-Series?? Can he fit inside or not?

I did manage to sit in the new 1-Series. Haha. Front footwell narrow like crazy. It's like left and right foot right next to each other. It's that cramp, thanks to 8-speed auto gearbox.

Rear seats are tight too.

Superb VS 1-Series very big disparity leah, though it's the same price..... Haha!

Plus 1-Series seriously look too much like a pig liao. Seen quite a few on the roads. In the showroom, it look quite nice, but on the road, it's ghastly, especially the bright red one....

Like ah-long hang pig head on the door.....

Superb does have its place. its a good alternative if you cannot drive a C-class or 3 Series due to office manager driving a lesser brand/model car. or when you need to keep a low profile.

Haha. My dad's boss take bus, MRT and walk [bMW].

My dad drives Elantra, my dad's junior drive Audi A4 1.8TSI, Ford Focus Estate, BMW 3-Series.

=D

eh how come so funny one [crazy] ? COE go up, price come down [confused][confused][confused]

new car so sell higher. local AD have this problem, new car sure high price regardless of whether they are popular model or not.

Haha. My dad's boss take bus, MRT and walk [bMW].

My dad drives Elantra, my dad's junior drive Audi A4 1.8TSI, Ford Focus Estate, BMW 3-Series.

=D

how about keeping a low profile part. -_-

certain industries are very sensitive on this type. once you buy some high brand Car. COI investigation will be activated.

Competition mah.

Last time they sell so high, 1.8TSI price at the current 2.0TSI price, who buy sia?

Now Ford Focus all bring down their price too, if they don't follow suit, they can prepare to close shop liao.

Don't forget, Harvest Automobile is also the dealer for Holden HSV vehicles [all the 6.2V8 engine cars from Chevrolet Corvette].....

=)

Maybe your next vehicle is the Holden Maloo VXR? That one is a pick-up too =)

how about keeping a low profile part. -_-

certain industries are very sensitive on this type. once you buy some high brand Car. COI investigation will be activated.

Aiya, it really depends on the repore [how do you spell it?] of the bosses you work with lorh.

Haha.

Aiya, it really depends on the repore [how do you spell it?] of the bosses you work with lorh.

Haha.

that is my point lah. your father boss might be very good and dont care about this.

some bosses are not. so depend.

plus frankly, superb gave more equipment/accesory compare to 3-series and C-Class. so depend on what you want.

afterall, there are ppl who are rich enough to buy merc but prefer to buy I45 or K5.

Ahh.

i45 and K5 different. Those two cars are selling their designs, which I think the new E-Class [looks like a Japanese design strange enough] and 5-Series are lacking. Haha. The new 5-Series only looks like a baby 7-Series. But nothing more than that [sorry for my bluntness].

But till date, I still hardly see K5's. There're more i45's around though.

There's no denying that design wise, the Koreans are on the roll!!

Ahh.

i45 and K5 different. Those two cars are selling their designs, which I think the new E-Class [looks like a Japanese design strange enough] and 5-Series are lacking. Haha. The new 5-Series only looks like a baby 7-Series. But nothing more than that [sorry for my bluntness].

But till date, I still hardly see K5's. There're more i45's around though.

There's no denying that design wise, the Koreans are on the roll!!

i wasnt looking at the design actually. i think their comfort level is pretty good. those ppl likely dont care about the drivablity of the cars and look only at comfort.

design wise, i am getting sick of Kia design. its getting old.

I hate to sound like a Skoda fanatic but they are giving 5years/ 150,000km. ^_^

At the rate you are driving, you will hit 150k before 5 year. [:p]

dun understand why some kenna wait lonmg long for servicing in vw.

the last time i called i managed to get appointment for servicing 1week later.

hmmm... maybe im lucky :D

Plus you are an elite. [lipsrsealed]

At the rate you are driving, you will hit 150k before 5 year. [:p]

I probably will but at least it will last around 4 years before I need to think about changing or continuing. So no worries, whack first. ^_^

↡ Advertisement