SKODA Octavia vRS Combi Mk II

The_Bear

Ya man, love that panoramic sunroof and the huge boot!!!

The listed price of 168k is it for the 1.8L specs one?

Even if it is for the 2L one, I still cannot afford.... [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry].... have to be very patient for the damm COE to drop....

consider the price. its a good bargain now. a EVO X SST then cost around 158K

↡ Advertisement

Thats the issue with Singaporeans, like to use short form or Abbreviation that not many people are familiar with.

But thankfully, I know this. Its the VW Sirocco.

My bad. I had problem trying to spell Scirocco. ^_^

How are things in Germany spidey?

Thats the issue with Singaporeans, like to use short form or Abbreviation that not many people are familiar with.

But thankfully, I know this. Its the VW Sirocco.

Roc is a universal name for Sirocco in MCF leh.

he dont know then something wrong liao [sweatdrop]

If you can make us dig out our dusty 无缘的结局 cd and check up the Skodas in sgcarmart, surely you got no problem motivating our next generation to study.

Dig no more. ^_^

One strange observation. 另一个结局 is actually sharing the same tune as 無言的結局. You can sing 無言的結局 to it's tune.Maybe they share parts like VW and Skoda. :huh:

Edited by Bavarian

what you mean??? she just walk off???

She was the only SE at the showroom, another customer walked in, she went to serve them. So I was left alone.

Edited by Newkid

she in catch 22 liao [laugh]

haha, not sure if the other guy signed, but I was that closed to signing. Just a few days later, I signed for the Roc 2.0. Anyway, I agree the vRS is impressive having test drive it twice at HA. Power, and yet luxurious.

Damn you! You make me wish I am so over the MPV period...

Skoda doesn't have any MPVs in their lineup by any chance?

Your ride comes with 6 speed DSG?

The vRS combi do not come with the split gate offered in the Superb Combi. It is a regular hatch on a station wagon.

It comes with a CCZA engine as used in Golf Gti Mark VI.

Current price is around $155,900 for Combi and $144,900 for Hatchback.

Actually I think the vRS uses the mark V GTi engine, not the mark VI one. Unless they updated it, of course. Good engine nonetheless. [drivingcar]

My bad. I had problem trying to spell Scirocco. ^_^

How are things in Germany spidey?

Now on Holidays until new year. Tomorrow I will make a road trip to Berlin, a 550km (one direction journey beginning near Frankfurt in Central Germany). I will pass New year at Berlin. I hope the New year Firework do not disappoint.

I did some minimum checks on Fluids, ( I bought a bottle of wiper fluid with antifreeze properties, but no use yet, as the fluid is still good level), & pump tires to Manufacturer specification at the petrol station.

Stock up one big bottle of water, & a packet of Snicker, just in case (touch wood) something happen in the Journey. But I will be traveling in the day, & on major roads & Autobahn, so at least for the road trip, its ok.

Thanks for asking. [:)]

My friend loves the Superb at heart but his mind says Accord, both priced at $160k range.

He worry about resale, maintenance, badge, looks etc. for the Superb, I bet he will be pulling his hair again when he read this thread. [laugh]

The car specs and features look great and all. Badge no issue, but the looks..hmm am not feeling it leh.

But I agree you do get a lot of car for the price.

Happened to drop by HA yday, and saw the Superb Combi... Simply superb! Same engine as the Octavia vRS and more features than the vRS. The sunroof is omg.. drool...

SE told me they will be bringing in the Scout and the Yeti 4x4 next year. Didn't say Octavia or Fabia Scout though. Do hope to see more Skodas on the road. So far only managed to see a couple of Octavias and Superbs and a Fabia.

Anyway, been driving my Octavia vRS Hatch for about 1.5 mths now, and is just as happy as Bavarian sounds. Can't manage a 11km/L FC like Bava though. Probably coz I always kena jam and when there's no jam, i pushed it a little.. :P managing about an average of 10km/L, which is pretty decent for me already.

Octavia vRS and Superb 2.0 Engine code ID is CCZA, so I believe it's the MK6 engine. Anyway, whatever engine lah.. It's a beast!

Hopefully I can make it for the Skodian GTG this Friday night and catch up with some fellow Skodians!

And incase anyone not on the vagsg forum here, more info below on the GTG:

http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61054

My friend loves the Superb at heart but his mind says Accord, both priced at $160k range.

He worry about resale, maintenance, badge, looks etc. for the Superb, I bet he will be pulling his hair again when he read this thread. [laugh]

If it really has resale issues (not sure about it), then buying one second hand should be the way to go.... unless the buyer intends to keep it long, then resale value doesnt really matter [:)]

One strange observation. 另一个结局 is actually sharing the same tune as 無言的結局. You can sing 無言的結局 to it's tune.Maybe they share parts like VW and Skoda. :huh:

These songs were popular in the 80s??... way before VW/Skoda were linked :D so car makers do take cues from music makers [thumbsup] maybe thats why at one stage (even now?) Honda had Jazz, Prelude, Beat, Quintet, etc in their line-up...

↡ Advertisement