Years apart between your old car and new car

Wyvern

Hi fellow drivers, just curious, how long have you been with your old ride before you change to a new ride...?

Besides, grown in family, cars due for 10 years, what other push factors that makes you change your ride..?

↡ Advertisement

Hi fellow drivers, just curious, how long have you been with your old ride before you change to a new ride...?

Besides, grown in family, cars due for 10 years, what other push factors that makes you change your ride..?

Suddenly got some bonus from singapore pool so change loh

From what I gathered from my colleagues and those who owns a car, on the average, they would change the ride after 4 years. Reason is bascially, the aging of the car. They mentioned that after 4 years, they observed that the problems on the car would tend to surface on the average of around 4 years time. Is that true..?

So as to avoid incurring repair cost, they would prefer to change their rides. I am not sure if this is true. Any inputs..?

From what I gathered from my colleagues and those who owns a car, on the average, they would change the ride after 4 years. Reason is bascially, the aging of the car. They mentioned that after 4 years, they observed that the problems on the car would tend to surface on the average of around 4 years time. Is that true..?

So as to avoid incurring repair cost, they would prefer to change their rides. I am not sure if this is true. Any inputs..?

Its all depends on how u take care of your ride,if u doesn't take care than 1yr your ride will be bye bye

If a car is bought brand new and regularly serviced, it should have no problem even beyond 10 years.

Changing of wear and tear parts like timing and fan belts, engine mounting, tyres etc still costs less than the hefty depreciation from constantly replacing your car after 4 yrs.

Mine is past 10 yrs and 1st owner.

Neutral Newbie

For some, its an excuse to change to a new car. Those who really believe in this are retarded and fail maths. First of all, car are NOT BUILT TO LAST EVEN ONLY 10 YEARS!!!! Secondly, the major chunk of depreciation in the moment u drive the car out of the show room will negate and outweight any wear and tear parts replacement that can occur. It just doesnt make bloody logical sense unless u are holding a lemon, crashed your car badly or have been maintaining your car poorly.

For some, its an excuse to change to a new car. Those who really believe in this are retarded and fail maths. First of all, car are NOT BUILT TO LAST EVEN ONLY 10 YEARS!!!! Secondly, the major chunk of depreciation in the moment u drive the car out of the show room will negate and outweight any wear and tear parts replacement that can occur. It just doesnt make bloody logical sense unless u are holding a lemon, crashed your car badly or have been maintaining your car poorly.

Yes, I agree with that.. If well maintain, should be as good and fit for drive. And yes, it could very well be an excuse to change to a new ride too. I guess it depends on how one treat their own ride.. [:)]

Drove my first car Civic ESI for a yr, changed to current when the Esi starts to emit white smoke.

Time flies as I've been with my current ride for almost 4 yrs liao, very well maintained but might have to scrap in 2014 due to the stupid coe...

Wear and tear is normal on any car, esp the car is more than 4 year old. So you cannot escape by paying for the replacement of car parts if you continue to drive beyond 4 year mark. But seems like many car owners here like to "escape" having to pay for wear and tear parts and change their car every 4 years. I wonder will it be more expensive to change car than change car parts? [:/]

this kind of people sometimes i often observe they like to chiong hump or engage in some destructive behaviour so it might have been of their own doing after all.

Wear and tear is normal on any car, esp the car is more than 4 year old. So you cannot escape by paying for the replacement of car parts if you continue to drive beyond 4 year mark. But seems like many car owners here like to "escape" having to pay for wear and tear parts and change their car every 4 years. I wonder will it be more expensive to change car than change car parts? [:/]

The depreciation is more than the repair costs lah, but I guess the convenience of not having to have no car, and/or sending and collecting it from repairs is a better option to some.

To some, the intangible benefits outweigh the tangible.

... First of all, car are NOT BUILT TO LAST EVEN ONLY 10 YEARS!!!! ...

I was wondering what you were saying, until I realised you meant cars are built to last more than 10 years!

Women give all kinds of reason why they NEED to get a new dress or upgrade to a high-end LV bag; Men's vanity to change car is no different; 99% of reasons given are to made oneself believe he NEEDS to change a car.

SG has one of the most costly car-ownership in the world; On top of that, the car is on a 10 year lease. Yet, so many people are craving after a metal chasis on four wheels.

Anyway, we all have different priorities in life [;)]

Agree with the above comments. Government setup the COE system with 10years in mind. But there are some drivers who opt to change their ride on the average of 4 years. Its half of what the COE governs. If that is the case, if LTA notice this trend, might they review the COE from 10 years to maybe 5 years..? Just curious... [:)]

↡ Advertisement