Change car battery

Friendstar

Hi bros,

my turn to ask...

i have been changing car batteries at random location.

the last change was at Soh brothers... he gave me a donno what GT brand which lasted only around 18months.

This time round, i wan to buy Amaron or Varta (basically the more branded ones).

where should i get it from?

i need installation too.

lazy to dirty my hands to change battery.

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros,

my turn to ask...

the last change was at Soh brothers... he gave me a donno what GT brand which lasted only around 18months.

This time round, i wan to buy Amaron or Varta (basically the more branded ones).

i need installation too.

Arrow tires or huat lee

forgot to mention i stay in the east...

preferably near east.

but i don't mind AMK this kind also la... just CTE will do.

Twincharged

if you walk in to a shop, their prices will naturally be inclusive of installation = +$30 more than the selling price of the battery .

i usually just buy the battery $100 and then fix myself. 10 mins can save $30+ ... why not ??

If you want Amaron, can get it from the distributor itself.

www.namwah.com.sg

Else can go to Leong Seng, which is on the first floor of the same building as Namwah.

if you walk in to a shop, their prices will naturally be inclusive of installation = +$30 more than the selling price of the battery .

i usually just buy the battery $100 and then fix myself. 10 mins can save $30+ ... why not ??

cos i done once before and everything got reset.

bad experience.

there'a a guy that goes by the nick kb27. he stays in yishun and his is a mobile service.pricewise its cheaper than shops

KB Lee is highly recommended in many forums. He goes around rescue people with dead batteries, but your battery not dead, can ask him also.

Provides onsite service and 1 year ON-SITE warranty for his Amaron Batteries. Can contact him to get a quote.

Might be cheaper than some shops, or might be $5 or $10 more expensive than the cheapest shop u can find... but you are paying for a little bit of convenience and his on-site warranty.

Read some good reviews abt him. He will help to test your alternator also.

So maybe u can contact him.

forgot to mention i stay in the east...

preferably near east.

but i don't mind AMK this kind also la... just CTE will do.

I changed mine with Guan Lee at Eunos Ave 5 who used a spare battery to retain my electronic settings while he replaced a new battery. The boss, a nice man, was the one who replaced my battery.

IIRC, I paid about $125 Amaron Hi Life 60AH 550 CCA 85D23L.

Neutral Newbie

u can consider hoppecke or even bosch S5... for a 74Ah batt hoppecke would be abt $180 and bosch S5 at $220...

been using hoppecke for the last 3 batt but recently changed to bosch. heard that amaron quality has been dropping hence decided not to get it.

I changed mine with Guan Lee at Eunos Ave 5 who used a spare battery to retain my electronic settings while he replaced a new battery. The boss, a nice man, was the one who replaced my battery.

IIRC, I paid about $125 Amaron Hi Life 60AH 550 CCA 85D23L.

What's the boss name? Guan lee looks like the place for me

Hi bros,

my turn to ask...

i need installation too.

How much u brought ur GT battery?

Mine already 30mths still ok.

Go direct to "Amaron" importer "Nam Wah Battery" @ 53 Ubi Ave 1 #03-40 Paya Ubi Ind Park (Fresh from the oven stock).

Enter the gate of 53 Paya Ubi Ind Pk, and go straight till near to the end and on the right there's an drive-up ram and go up the ram and made an right turn (Lookout of vehicles) and left turn and 4th unit of the left & look for Ah Meng.

↡ Advertisement