• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
175 replies to this topic | 82 praises

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just learned about its existence. Quite interesting. You can see feedback from other users, etc.

If more people use it, then the real-time traffic update will be more accurate.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Downloading now

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Just learned about its existence. Quite interesting. You can see feedback from other users, etc.

If more people use it, then the real-time traffic update will be more accurate.

Yes it is, but not enough people in SG are using it so... sad.gif

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I deleted after downloading and playing with it.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I deleted after downloading and playing with it.

Did the same when it first came out. Just reinstalled it though, hoping that its mention here will result in a slightly better take-up rate.

It is available for:
Android (or Waze on Android Market)
Blackberry
iOS, &
Symbian

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Ruriimasu
  • Premium member
    Ruriimasu
    4th Gear
    Author Image

too few search results. i installed google map turn by turn instead.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

too few search results. i installed google map turn by turn instead.

Got navigation option meh?

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Mrmilktooth
  • Premium member
    Mrmilktooth
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i try try 1st..

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Kkttt
  • Premium member
    Kkttt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ownhere+maps
laugh.gif

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This Waze app is ok only. If i were to rank it, it would be below average. The map wise is hopeless(but my expectations were low for smth which comes foc), the only thing good about it is the feedback of the traffic conditions from other app users. Sometimes the app server would crash rolleyes.gif . And it sucks the batt dry rather quickly as compared to my other paid app M8 papago. One of the reason is when you are in a tunnel it will use your 3G network and search for your location, this just drains the batt. Searching for POI must include "Singapore" or else it would suggest POIs of other countries as well. Rather disappointing, overall.

Edited by Watwheels, 05 January 2012 - 12:04 PM.

I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

S0ul
  • S0ul
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i find it quite useless...too few search result tongue.gif

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

Ruriimasu
  • Premium member
    Ruriimasu
    4th Gear
    Author Image

yup.. but only for rooted android phones.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Ruennchai
  • Ruennchai
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The newest version of Waze is really good, should give it a try! Auto reroute for the fastest route along your journey, nice!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

used it some time back.. uninstalled. the routing isn't accurate.
only good for community alerts for hazard and cops.

for nav, i find that brut google is much better.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Aimnfire
  • Premium member
    Aimnfire
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i give it a try

but i prefer singapore street directory
hire a hitman is far cheaper than hiring a lawyer
and it gets the job done

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Munch003
  • Munch003
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I am currently using Sygic.
But its a paid app. Free Trial period of 7 days.
So far not bad IMO.
Don't know if anyone else has tried it and what do they think of it.

I am using it on my Android device.
Just used it and it brought me to all the places I needed to go
in Kuantan and Terengganu.

Ruriimasu: I remember that Google maps dont offer turn by turn navigation for Singapore users. Unless they changed this recently.
HCS Hafei Club Singapore: www.hafei.proboards.com

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Flyguy63
  • Premium member
    Flyguy63
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just installed it.
Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night
Rage,Rage Against The Dying Of The Light

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Expertz
  • Expertz
    Banned

i only use it to report traffic jams

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Svtfocus
  • Svtfocus
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I'm trying Waze after seeing this thread. Seems promising. Will give it a go for a few weeks.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

Tanahseng
  • Tanahseng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Not too bad, but it's true, the searching options are limited.

I start a thread, share and recommend some good apps from Iphone and Android.

At least friends here can have more options whats good whats not.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: WAZE, GPS, apps, drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users