WAZE - GPS apps for drivers

Beng2

if you are on android, there are apps that allow you to restart network connections with a touch.

else you turn on airplane mode then off again.

I'm actually on WIFI from iphone, the network I'm talking about is the WAZE network, not the telco network, this software still have bugs...

↡ Advertisement

Guess it depends which network your SIM card belongs to. I use roaming so it hooks onto whichever network that has the strongest signal.

Maxis SIM Card. It's the problem with Waze network, not the telco.

That's the problem on this island. Ppl complain that it is useless. It is because these complaint ppl nvr contribute but expect miracle to happens.

Whenever possible, i will contribute to the road condition i drove. I even pave road & contribute block no as well as address.

Erm.... wonder who complaint, it's a damn good apps, that day PIE triple incident, found out from Waze, but no way to siam, still it's a good app.

• Praise 1

Maxis SIM Card. It's the problem with Waze network, not the telco.

Waze got this problem with its server. In the past I ever experience their server down and cannot navigate and the map go nuts. Lucky I got the paid papago app.

Maybe it's having its scheduled maintenance. Just have to wait for it to get back to normal.

i am using this App. there seemed to be some improvement lately when the App prompts me to confirm that there is a jam.

I note that more are using them along the routes i frequent. I will continue to monitor this app.

As of now, the jam stripes is back. I find it quite annoying, every evening it forces me to go home... [laugh]

Edited by Deckbuild

As of now, the jam stripes is back. I find it quite annoying, every evening it forces me to go home... [laugh]

are these strips orange in colour with arrows showing the flow of directions of traffic???

Paiseh, first time using it..... [:p]

are these strips orange in colour with arrows showing the flow of directions of traffic???

i believed there are 3 types of colored arrows..yellow for moderate traffic..orange for heavy traffic..red for standstill(still can move slowly)

Juz let Waze navigate u home lor.

i believed there are 3 types of colored arrows..yellow for moderate traffic..orange for heavy traffic..red for standstill(still can move slowly)

thanks.....just saw that AYE towards city from Clementi till Keppel orange in colour........ [laugh]

Yep yep, yellow red and maroon. The arrow means the direction.

Edit: 4 colours, maroon is stand still.

Edited by Deckbuild

thanks.....just saw that AYE towards city from Clementi till Keppel orange in colour........ [laugh]

Suang right, use this to plan your route, quite fun and interactive.

Very good app for checking & sharing traffic conditions, accidents and ofcourse police presence..

Use this on NSH since I started using this.. excellent for Polis detection since alot of drivers in M'sia are using Waze as well. Only problem is data coverage on NSH which may not be very good at certain parts but still bearable..

Like other bros say, for navigation not very useful esp with very little POIs.

And u can also use this overseas.. I've even checked that it worked in the UK.. :D

• Praise 1

Very good app for checking & sharing traffic conditions, accidents and ofcourse police presence..

Use this on NSH since I started using this.. excellent for Polis detection since alot of drivers in M'sia are using Waze as well. Only problem is data coverage on NSH which may not be very good at certain parts but still bearable..

Like other bros say, for navigation not very useful esp with very little POIs.

And u can also use this overseas.. I've even checked that it worked in the UK.. :D

Basically it works worldwide as long as theres Internet connection. All road are being uploaded by the community.

just wondering does it consume a lot battery when using it? sometimes I forgot to bring charger along!

Yes it does, since you forgot just don't use then. On my note 2, 1 hr drive home can drain 1/4 of my batt.