WAZE - GPS apps for drivers

Beng2

Supersonic
(edited)

Does anyone use Waze and get this navigation voice directions error ?

I only noticed it today when I started paying more attention.

Example,

1. "Turn left to Yishun St 11"

The voice prompt will say "Turn left to Yishun St carpark carpark"

The numbers 1,2,3 will some times become "carpark"

4 seems ok.

2. "Turn right to Pasir Ris Dr 1" becomes "Turn right to Pasir Ris Doctor carpark"

3. CTE / SLE becomes CTE taxi stand ...

Special chars like "/" "(" or ")" will become "taxi stand" or "taxi"

Edited by Kb27

Example,

4 seems ok.

2. "Turn right to Pasir Ris Dr 1" becomes "Turn right to Pasir Ris Doctor carpark"

Ya i do. Kept telling me yishun car park car park

Example,

4 seems ok.

So weird. Can try different voice or maybe download beta ver here:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/waze/waze-gps-maps-traffic-alerts-live-navigation/

If you want to try, the latest 4.40.0.1 beta has no issues on navigation, didn't pay attention to the voice prompt.

(edited)

Example,

4 seems ok.

yeah this morning I use its like everywhere taxi stand and some weird phrases.

I noticed the directions do contain characters like /. Otherwise I feel its much better than Google Map.

Edited by Phluvcat

Supersonic

yeah this morning I use its like everywhere taxi stand and some weird phrases.

I noticed the directions do contain characters like /. Otherwise I feel its much better than Google Map.

Thanks. Looks like I'm not alone.

I tried different voice prompts (read street name) US and UK English, always got "carpark" "carpark" or "taxi stand"

I think it's the app problem, not my phone.

Anyway, I can't stand google map navigation. It's cluttered with unnecessary info. It can't spring back (recentred) automatically like Waze.

And it always dropped you at the worst place, the wrong side of a building or difficult to stop road side.

Supercharged

pple already informed Waze but have to wait till Tuesday (US Monday) before anyone will do anything

(edited)

Yeah I have the same carpark carpark issue. Downloaded the latest beta apk and seems to have cleared that issue.

Edit: just jinxed myself. So oh well. Wait for the next beta update.

Edited by RCTP

Neutral Newbie

I have GPS in my car, with live traffic subscription and I use google maps too. In past, I used to use Waze. So far, google maps was best, then apple maps on my iphone. Waze gets confused sometimes

I used waze in Korea and found out that the route does not have an option for walking. All must be by road driven on a car.

Am I wrong?

At least Google map has this walking option.

Twincharged

I have GPS in my car, with live traffic subscription and I use google maps too. In past, I used to use Waze. So far, google maps was best, then apple maps on my iphone. Waze gets confused sometimes

Waze get confused sometimes maybe is because of user give false input.

Example say cte still moving at moderate speed but this waze user put heavy traffic. So the part of the cte stratch become red. Then sometimes user also anyhow indicate accident or road works and this led to waze GPS thought there is traffic ahead due to accident and or road works and avoid that route.

There is lag time for waze live traffic update. Maybe 10 minutes before that particular stretch of road is heavy, but now is cleared, however the colour will still be red until enough waze user pass by that stretch to confirm that traffic is clear then the colour will change from red to no colour.

Lastly, waze also depend on users to update on the map. Ie. Whether is there any u turn at this junction, is this junction a right turn only or can do left and right turn and or is this small road one direction or 2 direction traffic. Sometimes waze user anyhow update and that led to inaccurate turn or need to go one big round because that allowed u turn is missing and etc.

So all these affect waze GPS routing.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Waze get confused sometimes maybe is because of user give false input.

Example say cte still moving at moderate speed but this waze user put heavy traffic. So the part of the cte stratch become red. Then sometimes user also anyhow indicate accident or road works and this led to waze GPS thought there is traffic ahead due to accident and or road works and avoid that route.

There is lag time for waze live traffic update. Maybe 10 minutes before that particular stretch of road is heavy, but now is cleared, however the colour will still be red until enough waze user pass by that stretch to confirm that traffic is clear then the colour will change from red to no colour.

Lastly, waze also depend on users to update on the map. Ie. Whether is there any u turn at this junction, is this junction a right turn only or can do left and right turn and or is this small road one direction or 2 direction traffic. Sometimes waze user anyhow update and that led to inaccurate turn or need to go one big round because that allowed u turn is missing and etc.

So all these affect waze GPS routing.

Waze use APIs to authenticate and clear the alerts if I am not mistaken...

6th Gear

Using this app over Google maps if I'm driving, else it's the latter if by foot or public transport.

I used waze in Korea and found out that the route does not have an option for walking. All must be by road driven on a car.

Am I wrong?

At least Google map has this walking option.

When I used Google maps in Korea, the public transport/walking option seems a bit whacked. Was led to bash through a small shrubs forest and climb up the side of the hill a la macritchie to the N tower

When I used Google maps in Korea, the public transport/walking option seems a bit whacked. Was led to bash through a small shrubs forest and climb up the side of the hill a la macritchie to the N tower

Strange. Google map don't even work in Korea while I was there.

Maybe scare ah bui send missile via it.

Strange. Google map don't even work in Korea while I was there.

Maybe scare ah bui send missile via it.

I was there last December and this year January
↡ Advertisement