WAZE - GPS apps for drivers

Beng2

For getting around on public transport, another useful app is Citymapper. It's available for quite a lot of major cities in the world. Singapore included too.

Turbocharged

personally still prefer Google Maps over Waze when in SG.

i dont know how to use google map during driving.

dont know is it my phone problem.

map dont centre to 12 oclock direction

i only use waze in singapore, malaysia and thailand.

• Praise 1

i dont know how to use google map during driving.

dont know is it my phone problem.

map dont centre to 12 oclock direction

i only use waze in singapore, malaysia and thailand.

There is a compass icon. Click until you do not see the "N" (for North).

My Taiwanese driver clicked N and the map with orientate to point north up all the time. Very confusing.

• Praise 1

I tried using Waze more often these days despite not needing the directional routing guidance. I noticed that some times during peak hours, Waze will route me left right centre with u-turns and what nots just to avoid a supposedly jammed section of a more direct route.

Also, I suspect that some drivers are also using Waze and following the routing because the same cars are doing the exact turns (which IMHO most drivers will not bother to do) that I was doing. :D

The routing algorithm definitely needs more work. 

Edited by Vratenza

Which best (uptodate map, smart routing, need no/little data, FOC) GPS map 2018 ?

For dedicated gps, Garmin or Galatico(Marbella).

For gps with smart routing(live traffic), Waze. But must have data. Alternatively, Maps.me.

I tried using Waze more often these days despite not needing the directional routing guidance. I noticed that some times during peak hours, Waze will route me left right centre with u-turns and what nots just to avoid a supposedly jammed section of a more direct route.

Also, I suspect that some drivers are also using Waze and following the routing because the same cars are doing the exact turns (which IMHO most drivers will not bother to do) that I was doing. :D

The routing algorithm definitely needs more work.

Also in Hatyai and Kota Bahru, it routed me to roads with extremely low bridges. If you driving a SUV, sure cannot go thru one.

For smartphones, it definitely has to be Google.  Routing is excellent, and traffic condition (congestion information) is very accurate.

For dedicated GPS device, Garmin.  If it comes with real-time traffic update, it'll be great but not necessary better than Google.

Tried installing Waze a few times but find the UI is far from Google.  It's not going to be a keeper.

Which best (uptodate map, smart routing, need no/little data, FOC) GPS map 2018 ? 

We offer cheap Anonymous ( Private & Shared Proxies ) with low price starting at 13$ for with Unlimited Bandwidth and Multiple locations across USA our support 24/7 you can get your account in few minutes by instant activation

Our proxies are fully anonymous, protecting your IP completely. We ensure that the proxies we supply are non-sequential, and all plans offer multiple subnets. These proxies can be used for basically anything you like

Features of our Private Proxies

wHyDdBU.jpg

- Unlimited Bandwidth Use our proxies with no limits or bandwidth restrictions

- Multiple Locations across USA

- Proxies support Protocols HTTPS-HTTP-SOCKS5

- 99.9% Uptime We monitor our network around-the-clock to ensure you have access when you need it.

- instant Activation . your proxy service will be actived in no more than 2 mints.

- Free Control Panel you will get professional Control panel to manage your proxies and change your authenticating IP

- 24/7/365 Support to assist you with any aspect of your hosting experience.

Our contact:

Telegram:

@Proxylist4you

• Dislike 3

Turbocharged

For smartphones, it definitely has to be Google.  Routing is excellent, and traffic condition (congestion information) is very accurate.

For dedicated GPS device, Garmin.  If it comes with real-time traffic update, it'll be great but not necessary better than Google.

Tried installing Waze a few times but find the UI is far from Google.  It's not going to be a keeper.

Google Map wins hands down. Actually Google Map is my first choice in terms of navigation and places to go (eat, travel, address, favourites, reviews, etc). It even has street view to view 360 degree of the spot, no other street navigation app has that function. Uber drivers around the world also uses Google Maps. It has very accurate real-time traffic updates (cos many users). Address input is very predictive. It is fast. Excellent!

Nobody uses standalone GPS devices anymore. Why buy another thing when your phone can do the job with an app which is free? Why buy alarm clock when the phone has alarm function? And I wonder who still buys the 2018 streetdirectory book and keep at the glovebox?

Edited by Zxcvb

Supersonic

As a Grab driver doing hundreds of trips a week, I can't live without Waze.

I tried google map a few times and it always left me short.

I'd only use it when Waze has problem with servers.

• Praise 1

Google Map wins hands down. Actually Google Map is my first choice in terms of navigation and places to go (eat, travel, address, favourites, reviews, etc). It even has street view to view 360 degree of the spot, no other street navigation app has that function. Uber drivers around the world also uses Google Maps. It has very accurate real-time traffic updates (cos many users). Address input is very predictive. It is fast. Excellent!

Nobody uses standalone GPS devices anymore. Why buy another thing when your phone can do the job with an app which is free? Why buy alarm clock when the phone has alarm function? And I wonder who still buys the 2018 streetdirectory book and keep at the glovebox?

Its not free. It requires data. Standalone GPS does not require data.

My current Garmin Nuvicam will display the exact end point on the screen from the live recording from its camera.

https://goo.gl/images/hqACKA

Google has just only developed this function, not yet available. But again, would require data.

My previous car comes with built-in navigation, but the map is dodgy and there's no intention to improve.  That's when I enjoyed very much the good-old Garmin.

My present car even with the top-of-the-line Pioneer 9150, I still don't have a navigation solution.  I'm very tempted to go back to using the Garmin like I did before.

To each his own - just need to know and be more open that there are more needs than we know than within our own paremeter only.

Edited by Reo

For driving, when I need to go to a specific block which sometimes my job requires, Waze is the best app to use as they have some small hdb roads that google map don't. When walking, google map is the best.

My alternative offline apps for driving if there is no internet or Waze has server problems are Sygic (tomtom maps), HERE (nokia/microsoft map), then lastly Galactio (SLA map, last because it doesn't support landscape mode). All of them support live traffic.

My previous car comes with built-in navigation, but the map is dodgy and there's no intention to improve.  That's when I enjoyed very much the good-old Garmin.

My present car even with the top-of-the-line Pioneer 9150, I still don't have a navigation solution.  I'm very tempted to go back to using the Garmin like I did before.

To each his own - just need to know and be more open that there are more needs than we know than within our own paremeter only.

Plug in or wireless connect your phone and use Google map/waze on Android Auto or apple map on iPhone.

↡ Advertisement