LTA ENFORCEMENT

Camrytron

Just curious,do LTA enforcement rider book motorists for no seat belts or not baby seat for kids?

Or TP is the only one can book motorists for the above?

↡ Advertisement

LTA enforcement officers are actually State Police officers(SPF). They don the same uniform as the Traffic Police, with an additional crest on their smart white uniform. All State Police officers, whether TP or not, can book motorists for traffic related offences.

LTA enforcement officers are actually State Police officers(SPF). They don the same uniform as the Traffic Police, with an additional crest on their smart white uniform. All State Police officers, whether TP or not, can book motorists for traffic related offences.

since both are SPF, what's the difference in terms of power and responsibility?? [:)]

It depends on which LTA enforcement you talking about. If those wearing the vest LTA enforcement,I can tell you they no power one except give summon.

As for those wear white uniform,they got the same power as TP. Except that they don't do speed trap. Their additional power is able to stop and tow a car back to LTA if he suspect modify. This one TP cannot do,they have to ask LTA to take over. Likewise,LTA cannot issue suing directly. Need to refer to TP to issue.

not all...those who are having police rank on their uniform n having the police word on their helmets r from spf...those who have the lta logo as rank n with lta word on the helmet r lta employed officers.

If you notice carefully, some TP bikes have reg plate starting with TPXXXX while some are ROVXXXX.

While those with TP reports to SPF, those ROV reports to LTA and, those ROV officers still wear the same TP uniform with police decal on their bike.

As long as you see ANY LTA Enforcement officers in TP uniform, they are State Police officers. They have the same Warrant Card as any State Police officers. They are NOT employed by LTA, although they report to LTA for their tour of duties. Some of the officers were seconded to LTA Enforcement Dept, from various Police Dept. [:)]

Reading from paper, it is the role of TP.

My fren just caught outside the school without booster seat for his kid.

Fine $120 & 3 point demerit.

Thanks for all info..

So who can catch no seat belt n who cannot catch?

All can catch, even those normal police car can catch. Only those wear vest with "LTA Enforcement" cannot. Correct me if I'm wrong, auxilliary police also cannot catch.

Reading from paper, it is the role of TP.

My fren just caught outside the school without booster seat for his kid.

Fine $120 & 3 point demerit.

they are coming down on this quite hard lately.

It depends on which LTA enforcement you talking about. If those wearing the vest LTA enforcement,I can tell you they no power one except give summon.

As for those wear white uniform,they got the same power as TP. Except that they don't do speed trap. Their additional power is able to stop and tow a car back to LTA if he suspect modify. This one TP cannot do,they have to ask LTA to take over. Likewise,LTA cannot issue suing directly. Need to refer to TP to issue.

Creating employment among themselves by splitting hair or duplicating?

they are coming down on this quite hard lately.

I support this increased enforcement. The lives of our kids are too precious. I have seen too many kids climbing all over the cabin on the roads. think really dangerous...

Often see Malaysian sedans (sometimes, Singaporean likewise) fully packed with family driving across immigration, apparently without sufficient seat belts or child seat for everyone. Anyone seen how it is enforced ?

Edited by Acieed
↡ Advertisement