Scrap car and export to/import into Msia

Dualie

I'm thinking how to maximise my car lifespan [idea]

One thing I can think of is export the car to Msia to my in-laws place.

So can it be done?

We scrap car.

Arrange paperwork to export car.

Import into Msia.

Register car in Msia.

Drive in Msia for many more years... [drivingcar]

Note that I want to do this the legal way.

Not drive in and report lost type [laugh]

I believed it can be done, just a matter of cost. Worth it?

Anyone with experience or know of anyone who did this?

↡ Advertisement

i know neighbour country also have a invisible COE but it is a life time thing + import tax + unknown tax.

it is much more worth buying a new car in there.

but everything can be easier when money go under the table.

This is the first Google hit I got from the following website http://otoreview.blogspot.com/2008/01/guid...o-malaysia.html

GUIDE: Importing A Vehicle To Malaysia

Unfortunately this is going to be a hassle. It is perhaps the best idea to just put your car into storage or in the care of a friend while you are in Malaysia. However if you really have to bring your car the following will be helpful.

The imposition of very high import duties make owning a non Malaysian made car somewhat expensive. Import duties run to as high as 300%. Consequently the vast majority of cars in Malaysia are locally produced ones. Cost of maintenance and parts for foreign cars are also factors to be considered. Needless to say if your car is rare or indeed not available in Malaysia these factors become paramount.

Shipping charges, documentation and bureaucracy may also cause you problems, although hiring a shipping agent will alleviate most of the stress involved, charges will of course be imposed.

To import your car, you must apply for an Approval Permit (AP) from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).

In order to apply for this permit your car must be registered under your name for at least 3 years. The following documentation must then be presented and processed:

1. A letter of application addressed to the Ministry Of International Trade and Industry (MITI) for the importing of a car from your home country to Malaysia for personal use.

2. A JK69 form must be purchased MITI and duly completed.

3. Documentation indicating proof of ownership. Typically this will be a purchase receipt or transfer of ownership/letter from the previous owner if the car was purchased second-hand.

4. The original and photocopied registration.

5. The cars original insurance documents and/or a letter from the insurance company.

6. Your work permit and letter of contract from your employer in Malaysia.

7. A photocopy of your passport.

All these documents must be presented to the officer in charge at the MITI offices, who will also conduct a short interview. Processing of your application typically takes seven working days, if all goes well you will be issued an Approval Permit allowing you to import your car. The permit is valid for only 3 months, if you do not import your car by then, you will have to go through the entire process all over again.

Upon the arrival of your car, you are required to collect it yourself from the port and then you will need to apply for a permit from the Malaysian Road Transport Department or "Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan", this entails more registration paperwork which of course will include your proof of ownership and registration documents, a car inspection and the payment of the import duties.

(Source: Royal Malaysian Custom

I'm thinking how to maximise my car lifespan [idea],One thing I can think of is export the car to Msia to my in-laws place.So can it be done?We scrap car.Arrange paperwork to export car.Import into Msia.

Register car in Msia.Drive in Msia for many more years... [drivingcar]Note that I want to do this the legal way.Not drive in and report lost type [laugh]I believed it can be done, just a matter of cost. Worth it?anyone with experience or know of anyone who did this?

i hv seen with my own eyes merc 2OO series imported fr UK, with supporting doc+shipping B/L, freight charges etc.

but when we flipped up back seat to chk conditions, we found used URA coupons inside [laugh]

Not so easy otherwise all the chop-chop dealers would've exported sg scrap car to m'sia instead of far-flung places. Firstly, you'll need an AP. Unless ur name is Datuk Dualie wif close connections to some Najib's cronies, that's gonna be a challenge.

U can also take a look here for more info: http://www.malaysia.alloexpat.com/malaysia....php?page=0%2C0

ah, was thinking the same too but seems it's very difficult [whip]

Malaysia & Indonesia,now,no more allow car above 3 yrs to be imported...except 'coffee $$$' paid.

Bro, make sure paying to the correct ppl :D

I do expect some coffee $$$ in some point.

Just curious anyone did it before and how much it cost?

As long as in the end got proper paperwork can liao.

Car from Sg is no longer permitted to be imported into Malaysia even u wish to pay RM50k for approved permit. In addition, u need to pay import duty on deemed value.

Hi u r not the first to consider this option but i suspect the malasian import taxes will be a show stopper.

The other issue is getting lta to allow you to retain possession of the vehicle after the coe matures?

But you are right. In any other country a normal vehicle is good to drive for well over 10-15 years or longer if its well maintained. Only in singapore are we at the mercy of this half baked 10year coe system.

One obvious possibility is to extend the coe after 10years but that still leaves you at the mercy of the prevailing coe price when your car coe matures. Unless you do a premature extension before it lapses to take advantage of low coe prices that are expected in 2014?

I'm thinking how to maximise my car lifespan [idea]

One thing I can think of is export the car to Msia to my in-laws place.

So can it be done?

We scrap car.

Arrange paperwork to export car.

Import into Msia.

Register car in Msia.

Drive in Msia for many more years... [drivingcar]

Note that I want to do this the legal way.

Not drive in and report lost type [laugh]

I believed it can be done, just a matter of cost. Worth it?

Anyone with experience or know of anyone who did this?

Finally,also remember,if you export the car yourself,& you need to claim PARF & COE from LTA,your shipping papers are very important....if not,you can't get a single cent from LTA.

just came back from JPJ...............the guy gave me a FLAT NO for an answer with regards to registering Singapore deregistered car there.

maybe i not that handsome lah..............

when there is a will there is a way...................................................... :ph34r:

Finally,also remember,if you export the car yourself,& you need to claim PARF & COE from LTA,your shipping papers are very important....if not,you can't get a single cent from LTA.

Anybody can recommend any company/agent who can do the shipping paper in SG? I wrote to a few recommended on SGCarmart....no response le. Maybe my car too small & cheap and not worth the effort. Any idea, how much the cost?

↡ Advertisement