MSIG INSURANCE - any feedback?

Metalslug2

Been using them for quite sometime already cos they are the only ones with GAP cover.

Claim process was a breeze and hassle free. Just call their hotline n report ur accident. They will assign a authorised workshop to assist u with tow truck. Even if u have flat tire or flat battery, call their emergency hotline for road side assistance. No need to join AA club.

Best thing, sign up got free S$80 cash card. Last time was cash card n esso petrol vouchers.

This also why I am with them - for the gap cover. And the difference between them and DA not much.

But I don't have any claims so dunno what they are like.

But if hit by MY car they won't be helpful (I write and ask them)

what is gap cover?

The "gap" between car value and loan - if loan is more than market value, they will insure you to the value of the loan. In other words - the "gap" between what you car is worth and what you have to pay...

Just got my renewal notice.

Premium reduced from $1600 to $1200

Still got the GAP cover

Added- fallen trees, floods and $50 tpt.

Removed courtesy car.

But it is the best insurance I encountered.

Sure renew lah. [thumbsup]

Edited by 5936

the worst experience with MSIG. back then i was riding my bike. a taxi filtered into my lane right in front of me during a rainy day and jammed brake. caused me to hit right into his rear bumper. could only see a small scratch patch on his bumper and few weeks later MSIG sent me a letter that they paid him $5000 without even asking me what happened or whether the taxi lao's story was true :angry:

the worst experience with MSIG. back then i was riding my bike. a taxi filtered into my lane right in front of me during a rainy day and jammed brake. caused me to hit right into his rear bumper. could only see a small scratch patch on his bumper and few weeks later MSIG sent me a letter that they paid him $5000 without even asking me what happened or whether the taxi lao's story was true :angry:

I experience same thing! Give me a feeling they would simply wanna close case if claims are 5 k n below... Insurer that dun act in the interest of their own company.. I used Aig, Ntuc, axa n msig.. The experience w msig is the worst..

[gossip]

Hi guys, how's your experience with MSIG..?

Trying to move away from Aviva and DA.

Thanks!

All insurance are the same

U have to abide by the policy condition, reason y ppl have negative feedback from da n aviva are slso because they failed to disclose n abide by those exlusion clause n thts also becoz they purchased those insurance online - pure bona fide

I am from other insurance company and i will still repudiate claims from insured who mod n didnt disclose those 'risks'

Hi guys, how's your experience with MSIG..?

Trying to move away from Aviva and DA.

Thanks!

Haven't insured my car wif MSIG b4 but hv bought their travel insurance b4 and make a few thousand dollars claim.

The claim process has been smooth, hassle free and they honour without any quibble. [thumbsup]

That's what insurance is about. This kinda company definitely we muz support. [nod][nod]

Neutral Newbie

I am on MSIG for 2 years now (Motormax). But never knew of gap coverage or cover for for fallen tree and flood. Are these add on that requires additional premium?

I experience same thing! Give me a feeling they would simply wanna close case if claims are 5 k n below... Insurer that dun act in the interest of their own company.. I used Aig, Ntuc, axa n msig.. The experience w msig is the worst..

You did claim wirh Ntuc, axa, AIG before?

You did claim wirh Ntuc, axa, AIG before?

Had a claim w Ntuc n Aig. Was interviewed by both for a version of my story.. Aig wise the claim is around 4k n that was in 2005. Ntuc was last year. Both time the insurer properly investigates. Msig didn't even want to hear me out when I contest of exorbitant claim even when I can show proof that a part cost $700 instead of $3200..

AnywY Ill just not have any motor insurance with them anymore

The worst vehicles to hit are those commercial vehicles, taxi, school bus, etc.

To my understandings,

The cost of repair is only one part of the total claim amount.

As his/her rented taxi or bus cannot be driven during repairs at wksp, they will claim full cost and earnings for this taxi driver or bus. So driver shake leg at home.

In addition, taxi company or bus company need to engage another driver and bus to cover this gap.

Received my certificate of insurance from MSIG today.