• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
101 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

SGCMmadman
  • Premium member
    SGCMmadman
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

wif the current enforcement to catch child in car without booster seat, anyone know where to buy 1 at good price coz sumtimes bring my nephew out, wats the age limit required to hv booster seat? happy 2012 wave.gif

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The new rule don't go by age. It's under 1.35m, have to sit on booster.
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Acieed
  • Premium member
    Acieed
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No age limit, only height.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Aimnfire
  • Premium member
    Aimnfire
    6th Gear
    Author Image

they actually forgot to take into the accounts of the weight

round kids how to slot into booster seat
hire a hitman is far cheaper than hiring a lawyer
and it gets the job done

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Oregon
  • Oregon
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I wonder how they are going to enforce this? Make the kid stand outside and use measing tape? I heard in other countries, they cannot enforce this because the Traffic Police do not have the authority to measure children.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Tarquin
  • Premium member
    Tarquin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

try tagore lane there's a baby/kids shop there beside the sproting shop...got my kids booster seat there during the warehouse sale last year at $35 only...think the ferrari booster seats there around $10-20 cheaper than buying outside..not sure though..

the height requirement is for kids seated in front or even if kids are seated at the backseat? or required for both?

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Osiris
  • Premium member
    Osiris
    Supercharged
    Author Image

the height requirement is for kids seated in front or even if kids are seated at the backseat? or required for both?

both

http://www.spf.gov.s...3_seat_belt.htm
To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals

Mark Twain

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

wif the current enforcement to catch child in car without booster seat, anyone know where to buy 1 at good price coz sumtimes bring my nephew out, wats the age limit required to hv booster seat? happy 2012 wave.gif

Fisher Price selling car seat for S$179.
Same model as Ferrari Cosmo (+S$350) expect for 1 device... I got the ferrari for my boy...
Retail at Marina Sq - Next to Times bookshop.

Or MotherDontReallyCare
Inhouse brand - cheap cheap (+100)

Or Giant...
Cheapest... Booster seats maybe at -S$50?
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fisher Price selling car seat for S$179.
Same model as Ferrari Cosmo (+S$350) expect for 1 device... I got the ferrari for my boy...
Retail at Marina Sq - Next to Times bookshop.

Or MotherDontReallyCare
Inhouse brand - cheap cheap (+100)

Or Giant...
Cheapest... Booster seats maybe at -S$50?

go giant or neigborhood shop can find $39 or $49 type..... ofcause these type not for your std... laugh.gif

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Dualie
  • Dualie
    4th Gear
    Author Image

TS, good that you want to buy seat to better transport the children.
Bad that you only do so because you scare kena fine and demerit.

Do you put on your seat belt when you drive your niece around?

Many cars on the road, the adults all very selfish.
Sit inside car, adult passenger quickly put on seat belt, langgar still got some safety.
However, when come to kids, let them die.
No need baby seat or booster seat.
Children life not worth the few dollars, freedom more impt.
Climb up and down, stand in between front seats, sit on mother's lap.

When accident, you are save by the belt, while the children fly outside to play ambulance.

Edited by Dualie, 10 January 2012 - 08:15 PM.

Muser praised this

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Just the bottom booster seat should be around $30.

No need to get the expensive full back type.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Berncsp76
  • Premium member
    Berncsp76
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Saw Suntec level 3 outside Toys R Us have a pushcart selling mobile bottom booster seat for $28. Can use for outdoor chair too. I bought one already tongue.gif

I am the XMM TIKO RANGER!

Success is a journey...not a destination - Steven Gerrard

Dare we dream...YNWA!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

TS, good that you want to buy seat to better transport the children.
Bad that you only do so because you scare kena fine and demerit.

Do you put on your seat belt when you drive your niece around?

Many cars on the road, the adults all very selfish.
Sit inside car, adult passenger quickly put on seat belt, langgar still got some safety.
However, when come to kids, let them die.
No need baby seat or booster seat.
Children life not worth the few dollars, freedom more impt.
Climb up and down, stand in between front seats, sit on mother's lap.

When accident, you are save by the belt, while the children fly outside to play ambulance.

3rd world mentality..cannot be helped..same as truly asia laugh.gif

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Bluemice
  • Bluemice
    5th Gear
    Author Image

try tagore lane there's a baby/kids shop there beside the sproting shop...got my kids booster seat there during the warehouse sale last year at $35 only...think the ferrari booster seats there around $10-20 cheaper than buying outside..not sure though..

i think you are referring to this: http://www.aprisin.com.sg/

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Mok_
  • Mok_
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Anyone below the height of 1.35m will be required to be secured with a child restraint appropriate for a person of that height and weight, use a booster seat to supplement the seat belt or an adjustable seat belt.

If your car has a height adjustable seat belt, and can be adjusted lower till the belt is not crossing the child's neck, a booster seat is not necessary.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Spanly
  • Premium member
    Spanly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone below the height of 1.35m will be required to be secured with a child restraint appropriate for a person of that height and weight, use a booster seat to supplement the seat belt or an adjustable seat belt.

If your car has a height adjustable seat belt, and can be adjusted lower till the belt is not crossing the child's neck, a booster seat is not necessary.

i tot height adjustable belt only available for front seats... back seats also have? Or only for those premium cars have?

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

Gadgeter
  • Premium member
    Gadgeter
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw Suntec level 3 outside Toys R Us have a pushcart selling mobile bottom booster seat for $28. Can use for outdoor chair too. I bought one already tongue.gif

Got mine from NTUC. less than $40
What Happens on the Road, Stays on the Road.
The Gadgeter
In Loving Memory: 1930 - 2008 Feb 24.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Howdee
  • Howdee
    Clutched
    Author Image

Didn't kno booster seat is a must for kid below 8 years old.
I got fine $120 and 3 points without a booster seat for my 6 years old. bigcry.gif
child was on normal seat belt with my wife seated at rear.
I was ambush by 2 TP just outside Anchorvale Community Centre while driving my son for tuition. mad.gif
Safety purpose bobian straight away buy one at kiddy palace.
Think TP will normally ambush at places where there are many children.

Edited by Howdee, 11 January 2012 - 08:44 AM.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Boss, even under the old rule, 6 year old was required to sit on a booster seat. Eat one buffet less, and you can buy one.

I got fine $120 and 3 points without a booster seat for my 6 years old. bigcry.gif
I was ambush by 2 TP just outside Anchorvale Community Centre while driving my son for tuition. mad.gif
Safety purpose bobian straight away buy one at kiddy palace.
Think TP will normally ambush at places where there are many children.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

RelaxLah
  • RelaxLah
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

..Is this ruling on kids booster seats apply to TAXI too?

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: booster, seat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users