CNA: NS Man Dies While Undergoing In-Camp Training

Vulcann

Oh no another tragic case of NS man dying during IPPT and this time after the 2.4km run... [:(]

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1175904/1/.html

NS man dies while undergoing in-camp training

Posted: 10 January 2012 1708 hrs

SINGAPORE: A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Operationally-Ready National Serviceman died Tuesday after completing a 2.4 kilometre run.

A statement from the Defence Ministry said 28-year-old Corporal (CPL) (NS) Li Hongyang was taking his Individual Physical Proficiency Test when he fainted at about 8.30 am on Tuesday.

The incident took place at Kranji Camp III.

MINDEF said an SAF medic on site attended to Corporal Li immediately and evacuated him via a safety vehicle to the Kranji Medical Centre where an SAF doctor attended to him.

Corporal Li was then sent to the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital at 9.00 am.

MINDEF said the SAF doctor continued to resuscitate him in the ambulance en route to the hospital.

Corporal Li was pronounced dead at 9.40 am at the hospital.

Lieutenant-Colonel (NS) Gan Fong Yin, Commanding Officer of 62 Combat Service Support Battalion, said: "Hongyang was a cherished member of the battalion. His demise is definitely a loss to the battalion. We will miss him and our hearts go out to his family."

- CNA/cc

↡ Advertisement

Why all these young people drop dead?? Could it be due to change in diet?

I notice that among youth nowadays there seems to be preference for "meaty" western foods... maybe not so suitable for our metabolism / weather?

28 yo still very young [:(]

What a tremednous loss to pass away at such a young age.

Condolences to his family and loved ones...

RIP, CPL Li....

We, members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that we will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore.

We will always support and defend the Constitution.

We will preserve and protect the honor and independence of our country WITH OUR LIVES.

FXXK THE FTS!

Actually the 2.4km is quite a 'hard' run.

Even as regular runner, doing one "long" run 9-10km on weekend, and one shorter run during the weekdays - I personally find the 2.4km challenging to complete with good timing. The pace is quite "killing"! Can't imagine what it's like for people who don't do distance runs!!

I notice that among youth nowadays there seems to be preference for "meaty" western foods... maybe not so suitable for our metabolism / weather?

Too stressful lah , go in camp also got to worry his rice bowl got replaced by some FTs . Last time people eat the whole pig in 3 days, smoke all day , also nothing happen [:p]

Actually the 2.4km is quite a 'hard' run.

Even as regular runner, doing one "long" run 9-10km on weekend, and one shorter run during the weekdays - I personally find the 2.4km challenging to complete with good timing. The pace is quite "killing"! Can't imagine what it's like for people who don't do distance runs!!

I think for reservist dun push too hard for 2.4Km run, unless you are a regular runner. Fail at most kenna RT niah, no big deal!

Anyway RIP to our fallen comrade... [smallcry]

Turbocharged

Purple Heart?

This is awarded for injuries sustained in a combat by any US serviceman...

KIA too...... but whatever awards he gets from the military also useless liao.

I think for reservist dun push too hard for 2.4Km run, unless you are a regular runner. Fail at most kenna RT niah, no big deal!

Anyway RIP to our fallen comrade... [smallcry]

True but not true leh. The policies keep changing to "discourage" people from failing. Think last year even IPT also change pattern say no more attend liao siam RT. Gotta go back extended program. The mandatory come back RT sessions is like signing extra. That's very disruptive and weekend one day kena burn some more.

Add: Btw, RIP to the svcman.

Edited by Tonicwater

or maybe, last time, mindef is not so "open" ??

didn't see on the news dosen't mean it didn't happen

and our ministers talk about "sacrifice"... pui!!

Edited by Tkwei

what do u think?? hair kena cut already too traumatised, how are they going to handle those stuff.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement