SIBOR rates and home loan repricing

Bluepica

And I thought I was the one to mention many sides of a coin. For you, it appears just doom and crash, and all clowns, frogs, idiots perish. There are just too many possibilities in my mind depending on unknown factors.

I never mentioned money flows on surface. You acknowledged flow of money, but a devaluing currency's funds also finds it's way into adjacent countries. It's much easier to move funds nowadays than through gold or diamonds or Artwork.

I am highlighting the possibility that when commodity prices spike, you can bet that costs all over will similarly spike, and both HDB and private developers will find it hard to manage costs as they are doing now.

Anyway, nobody's comments matter except Your Excellency's and you are absolutely right. But I am glad you committed to SIBOR figures. We will be able to match it in 2017.

Peace and best wishes. 

Well if you think so I can't stop you, I would like to highlight to you there are plenty side of the coin , merely talking to a "investment" banker and from forums would mean gold is no longer a global currency but why do people ranging from drug traffickers to rich billionaires move their funds via gold and diamonds and art work? Oh you mean your investment banker didn't tell you? It is merely via your normal fiak currency? Oh you mean you are the only one which knows investment blood suckers , the rest don't ? Only your one knows everything , others don't?

Do you think money only flows on the surface? As for FED rate increments, let's just say most of these has being factored. Anyway pointless debate when what I say and what you understand is different. I have already share a couple of times on possible rate hikes all the way to 2016, fed rates are likely to rise above 1% by mid 2017.

Well frog or not frog ,it is a fact a clown just told me hdb is making use of a lower commodity prices to build when simple common sense would have made anyone know that building contracts would being made long before the first plans were made , you mean only when they start building then they source ??

Well to each of their own. I merely highlighting facts , you think otherwise I cannot stop you , hope you can make plenty from it, likely our end points are the same but we might just have a different view, good luck though,

Gold watch?

The gold referred here is gold bar, gold coin or any type of gold?

↡ Advertisement

And I thought I was the one to mention many sides of a coin. For you, it appears just doom and crash, and all clowns, frogs, idiots perish. There are just too many possibilities in my mind depending on unknown factors.

I never mentioned money flows on surface. You acknowledged flow of money, but a devaluing currency's funds also finds it's way into adjacent countries. It's much easier to move funds nowadays than through gold or diamonds or Artwork.

I am highlighting the possibility that when commodity prices spike, you can bet that costs all over will similarly spike, and both HDB and private developers will find it hard to manage costs as they are doing now.

Anyway, nobody's comments matter except Your Excellency's and you are absolutely right. But I am glad you committed to SIBOR figures. We will be able to match it in 2017.

Peace and best wishes.

Gold watch?

As usual roti prata appears. Yes put more words in my mouth , what else is new? Go read your own post , wow . So high calibre now everything you say one.

haha good luck,hope to see more of people like you, makes making money so much easier as I get to learn from the different views people have. Hahahahahha . Ok ok , please carry on and spread your "hope" gospel. Let me rot in my doom and gloom self pity.

Edited by CH_CO

Yes, please do read your own post.

"A loan of 2 milion taken when ringit was at 2.2~4 per SGD a few years ago and when the currency "devalues" to 3 SGD , do you pay less or pay more if you are foriegner? You severely unestimated the flow of money."

As usual roti prata appears. Yes put more words in my mouth , what else is new? Go read your own post , wow . So high calibre now everything you say one.

haha good luck,hope to see more of people like you, makes making money so much easier. Hahahahahha .

Haha what was it in reply to? Are you too lost to forget your own questions you posted ?

You mentioned the billion increase in bond repayments due to rate hikes I mention FIs already made a few times over back via foreign ventures. Wow ok ok you win, I don't know how to bend down so low to handle low caliber , my fault, I apologize for my language . Let me rot in my doom and gloom self pity hahahahaha

Just in case you are too stupid to even Google , US has a positive budget during Clinton time which is lesser than your claims over 20 years of budget deficits. Haixx wanna pick bones also dunno how to substantiate.

Last remembered only 2 presidents after Clinton how to have over 20 years of deficits ? Yes again I bend my words everything you say one.

Edited by CH_CO

I am using the most current budget deficit of 400+B. averaged. I never said every single year deficit. But the debt is growing and every person can see it. This is already a very improved deficit from previous years. How do you think it can be reduced based on ageing population of US? 

So FI gain several times, US debts get erased. 

Wow, I must be silly not to think of that. Clap clap. 

I apologise for my inability to connect these points.

Haha what was it in reply to? Are you too lost to forget your own questions you posted ?

You mentioned the billion increase in bond due to rate hikes I mention FI already made a few times over back. Wow ok ok you win, I don't know how to bend down so low to handle low caliber , my fault, I apologize for my language . Let me rot in my doom and gloom self pity hahahahaha

Just in case you are too stupid to even Google , US has a positive budget during Clinton time which is lesser than your claims over 20 years of budget deficits. Haixx wanna pick bones also dunno how to substantiate.

Last remembered only 2 presidents after Clinton how to have over 20 years of deficits ? Yes again I bend my words everything you say one.

Edited by Seohster

I am using the most current budget deficit of 400+B. averaged. I never said every single year deficit. But the debt is growing and every person can see it. This is already a very improved deficit from previous years. How do you think it can be reduced based on ageing population of US?

So FI gain several times, US debts get erased.

Wow, I must be silly not to think of that. Clap clap.

I apologise for my inability to connect these points.

The most difficult part is nobody can be an expert regarding this issue. And nobody, including US policymakers, is willing to let US default take place. Their domestic and international creditors such as China, do not want to let them default. And if they really default and USD becomes worthless, what happens to currencies pegged to them?

Consider this: is revenue = profit, money that you put in the pocket and can be saved or used to repay previous debts? Not really. US has been running a deficit all the time since 20+ years ago. Their current year deficit is 400+B. If increase full % interest results in extra pure profit as you described, their deficit is still just under 400+B. Moreover, it's not a given that it will definitely grow revenue. If it results in foreclosures and people reducing risks, revenue might drop instead and widen the deficit plus pay more interests. So you can bet that US will be extremely careful about it.

Any solution? Your chart holds part of the answer (1940s). The other part can be sensed from what is happening globally right now.

Seriously are you even reading? Wow .

Again you really do not know how money flows/supply works don't you? Please read up. Haha nvm just bs your way around again. Keep going around your fantasies of how you think of the world using assumptions and your logic.  Sorry my english is poor, my fault. Please pardon me on my low eq.

Haha good luck k. Have a great evening.

Edited by CH_CO

I apologise for not writing precisely. I meant the deficit has always been there. Perhaps I should write "maintained an overall deficit".

I do not mean annual deficits.

I.e. I have been running a fever all the time since the morning doesn't mean my fever can't go up and down from the morning till the evening. My focus is on "since".

But again I apologise for the balanced and surplus period that Clinton has stumbled into but stand corrected. I don't even wish to discuss what happens to the money when they have a surplus. This one you can Google and share if you want.

18 trillion is only the US Govt debt. The overall national debt (credits, cars, study loans and properties) add up to a total of much greater debt, with estimates at 56 trillion. I guess the majority of debt is owned by FIs. Guess only - please go ahead and Google me wrong.

Please kindly show how FIs gaining from devaluation leads to US debts disappearing. This part everyone including US president will be keen to know.

Seriously are you even reading? Wow .

Again you really do not know how money flows/supply works don't you? Please read up. Haha nvm just bs your way around again. Keep going around your fantasies of how you think of the world using assumptions and your logic.  Sorry my english is poor, my fault. Please pardon me on my low eq.

Haha good luck k. Have a great evening.

Edited by Seohster

Sorry , you are no longer worth it. Excuse plenty. Have a good rest with your illness . Good luck with your assumptions on how the world works. Your level too high I don't know how to explain to you, Dunno never mind , people correct still wanna act clever, haix . Joker.

Just one last time I explain , debt only by 18 trillion of which quite a lump sum of actually held by the treasury is being bought by federal reserves, where they "print" money by keying a few numbers, this in turn is used by various organisations to spur growth , might not be in us might be elsewhere, in fact QE is no longer expanding which means they will redeem their debt slowly and in time these debt are being "redeemed", in fact tapering has already started in 2014 if you are too stupid to even know all these , I do not think you are even reasoning. Haix

You this kind I seen plenty , won't be the first won't be the last.

Have a great day ahead.

Edited by CH_CO

18 trillion by Govt alone.

If can redeem easily won't need to wait 20 years.

FIs gain a few times, debt write off. That's the most imaginative proposal since the invention of the Internet. 

Great!

Sorry , you are no longer worth it. Excuse plenty. Have a good rest with your illness . Good luck with your assumptions on how the world works. Your level too high I don't know how to explain to you, Dunno never mind , people correct still wanna act clever, haix . Joker.

Just one last time I explain , debt only by 18 trillion of which quite a lump sum of actually held by the treasury is being bought by federal reserves, where they "print" money by keying a few numbers, this in turn is used by various organisations to spur growth , might not be in us might be elsewhere, in fact QE is no longer expanding which means they will redeem their debt slowly and in time these debt are being "redeemed", in fact tapering has already started in 2014 if you are too stupid to even know all these , I do not think you are even reasoning. Haix

You this kind I seen plenty , won't be the first won't be the last.

Have a great day ahead.

18 trillion by Govt alone.

If can redeem easily won't need to wait 20 years.

FIs gain a few times, debt write off. That's the most imaginative proposal since the invention of the Internet.

Great!

Whatever.

This has created a phenomenon known as debt-fueled growth. Over the last few years in particular, the economies of the world have been growing in dependence on debt to generate growth. There are three main issues with this growth methodology:

a. a lot of wanton spending happens. Excessive liquidity spurs ill-advised spending. Asset prices rise far more quickly than incomes and become unsustainable. People are channeling the increased liquidity that they are experiencing into assets purely out of greed (to capitalise on the stratospheric rises) and fear (to avoid missing out on the opportunities of capital growth).

b. the fat lady is going to sing eventually - monetary expansion cannot continue forever. The marriage of ballooning debt levels and sky-high asset prices results in a catastrophic crash the moment monetary expansion ceases and liquidity starts getting mopped up.

c. the writing is on the wall - global demand has been waning and commodity prices (which function as an indicator of growth) are plummeting even as we debate.

Everyone has the freedom of choice where it comes to investments. However the onus is on those who are in the know of the dangers of the situation to inform those who may not be aware. To those who shout "mai spread fear lah" and wave off the cautionary posts, I ask that you think of others who may be getting further into huge debts on the pretext of investment because they do not have awareness of the situation.

Add-on: refinancing is never a guranteed avenue, particularly when asset prices are in the midst of falling. Many folks get caught in a negative equity situation in which banks refuse to refinance/reprice without a top-up. The SIBOR rate has been increasing and the pace will quicken once the Fed hikes.

These are jsut some illustrations to tell you infact our debt is also increasingly worrying. Do you think US is bad ? Look at ours .

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

Edited by OmOm
  • Praise 2

This has created a phenomenon known as debt-fueled growth. Over the last few years in particular, the economies of the world have been growing in dependence on debt to generate growth. There are three main issues with this growth methodology:

a. a lot of wanton spending happens. Excessive liquidity spurs ill-advised spending. Asset prices rise far more quickly than incomes and become unsustainable. People are channeling the increased liquidity that they are experiencing into assets purely out of greed (to capitalise on the stratospheric rises) and fear (to avoid missing out on the opportunities of capital growth).

b. the fat lady is going to sing eventually - monetary expansion cannot continue forever. The marriage of ballooning debt levels and sky-high asset prices results in a catastrophic crash the moment monetary expansion ceases and liquidity starts getting mopped up.

c. the writing is on the wall - global demand has been waning and commodity prices (which function as an indicator of growth) are plummeting even as we debate.

Everyone has the freedom of choice where it comes to investments. However the onus is on those who are in the know of the dangers of the situation to inform those who may not be aware. To those who shout "mai spread fear lah" and wave off the cautionary posts, I ask that you think of others who may be getting further into huge debts on the pretext of investment because they do not have awareness of the situation.

Dude I have warned explained , debated. What else u think I should do

way off topic liao. 

IMO the rise of SaiBor is like 1996 to 2000, where asian mkts got rocked n US kept going up till 2000, so if history is to be repeated, the real property price volatility show only starts in a few yrs...

Every person is entitled to his or her own view, I share my views because of my own perspective of how the global financial situation is worsening so quickly, and at the same time I am also learning from those who have alternative perspectives.

Dude I have warned explained , debated. What else u think I should do

• Praise 2

Err..... Then what is the best option ahead..... Do see the debt driven economy but given the situation, many ride along or is simply suck into it and just hope they are not the ones left hanging when shit hits he fan.

Sir, you are off topic.

The discussion here is on SIBOR levels and repricing.

It addresses mainly the concerns of home owners repricing.

I don't think anyone will be persuaded for or against based on forum readings. There is also a mountain of eligibility checks as safeguards. What is said just represents our views.

Add-on: refinancing is never a guranteed avenue, particularly when asset prices are in the midst of falling. Many folks get caught in a negative equity situation in which banks refuse to refinance/reprice without a top-up. The SIBOR rate has been increasing and the pace will quicken once the Fed hikes.

Sibor rates is affected by global rates ,national debt on growth global affects rates so how is it not related? Home loans or sibor are affected but rates decisions internationally? Now upgrade become moderator , decides who is out of point and who isn't? haha your illness quite serious.

As for housing repricing , most of the time , international banks follow instructions coming from their headquaters which might not be based in SG.

Most of the time , most local banks do not do so but i cannot say for foreigner banks which probably are funded elsewhere .

Err..... Then what is the best option ahead..... Do see the debt driven economy but given the situation, many ride along or is simply suck into it and just hope they are not the ones left hanging when shit hits he fan.

Personally , unless you can get a better deal else the cost of short term refinancing would be high. For those stuck for a longer period , it depends on how long you think this extended "rate" hike will be. To me it is likely to be at least 2~3 years and the cut would slowly move for around 2 years probably all and all around 5-7 years for one credit cycle.

So do your due dilligence.

Edited by CH_CO
↡ Advertisement