Good TCM to treat cough

Solar

Turbocharged

My 4yr old is having this consistent cough with phlegm for about over 2 weeks already.. western medication is useless and we don't want to put her thru antibiotics.

The last round took about 4 weeks to recover.. with antibiotics, and she was so weak during the course.

We thought it is probably time to try TCM instead.

Anyone has recommendation for a good TCM physician / doctor?

↡ Advertisement

Less CNY cookies. Less fried and processed food.

Drink double the daily water intake.

It works all the time for my kid.

Also gargle with listerine to kill the germs in the mouth and throat.

Good luck.

i go to the Eu yang Seng doctor at riverview mall, lady doctor wong YC.

my son also have the same problems last year(persistent cough, at night sometimes will vomit his milk out with phlegm during bedtime), see PD and eat so much medicine also no use, till the PD advise me to take my son out from his childcare for a month so that others do not infect him.

no choice, go to this TCM doc as recommended, just a few dose of medicines only and it works wonders.

BUT, when my son runny nose, I still go to PD as the PD medicine cure my son runny nose/allergy problems better/faster/

TCM only for cough.

My 4yr old is having this consistent cough with phlegm for about over 2 weeks already.. western medication is useless and we don't want to put her thru antibiotics.

The last round took about 4 weeks to recover.. with antibiotics, and she was so weak during the course.

I go for eu yan sang...

there is a siang tng at Simon pl... I heard the physician quite gd

Neutral Newbie

Chee Seng Tong Med Hall

Wong Chin Nai Chinese Physician

200 Upper Thomson Road

#01-02 Thomson Imperial Court

Singapore 574424

(This is next to the Thomson Community Centre)

Opening Hours:

Mon-Sat 9-12, 2.30-5, 6.30-8

Tue, Thurs, Sat (Closed in evening)

Sun 8.30-12

PH 9-1

Best to call 62514268 to register and get an appointment time.

But for 4 year old I think TCM medicine can be too harsh for them.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Chee Seng Tong Med Hall

Wong Chin Nai Chinese Physician

200 Upper Thomson Road

#01-02 Thomson Imperial Court

Singapore 574424

(This is next to the Thomson Community Centre)

Opening Hours:

Mon-Sat 9-12, 2.30-5, 6.30-8

Tue, Thurs, Sat (Closed in evening)

Sun 8.30-12

PH 9-1

Best to call 62514268 to register and get an appointment time.

But for 4 year old I think TCM medicine can be too harsh for them.

Sorry I have to add. For young kids, don't think TCM is a good alternative to western medicine.

But what you can do is try the following regime religiously for 2 weeks.

Do not consume:

1) Food from the fridge

2) Chicken and eggs

3) Fruits (except for pear and apple)

4) No fried stuff

5) Avoid pork and seafood else take in small quantity

To consume:

1) Warm water now and then

2) Steam fish and porridge

My wife went to this TCM when she was pregnant for a solution to her morning sickness and for her very bad cough. Medication can cost quite a bit though but its effective. Call before you go.

Lim Kong Beng Chinese Physician

265 BUKIT BATOK EAST AVENUE 4

#01-399 Bukit Batok

West Singapore 650265 Singapore.

Turbocharged

its indeed a very frustrating experience.. she'll vomit her milk with all those phlegm (and of course.. i'll be one cleaning the gooey stuff <_< )

main thing, dunno what prolonged western medication will do to her little body.. that's why we thought going tcm instead.. after all, these are supposed to be herbs.

thanks guys! appreciated! [thumbsup]

its indeed a very frustrating experience.. she'll vomit her milk with all those phlegm (and of course.. i'll be one cleaning the gooey stuff <_< )

main thing, dunno what prolonged western medication will do to her little body.. that's why we thought going tcm instead.. after all, these are supposed to be herbs.

猴枣散 is one of the chinese medicine to treat cough and phlegm, but better to be seem by a TCM doctor.

if can't find any in the neighbourhood, eu yan sang is one safer choice.

Chinese medicine also has it side effect.

Bro, i aint no doctor. just that i have 2 boys age, 9 and 7. coughing with phelmn for 2-4 weeks is not joke. you need to bring your kid to see not a GP but a pediatrician. That time they gave me some stuff as follows: (forgive me for the crap speeling bec i am really not a doctor)

1) Nebuliser treatment (for persistnent cough) . This is good stuff. wish i had this for my BMT cough. best is to buy the machine and keep because renting is more exp. [thumbsup] this is the best of the best [thumbsup]

2) mocosolven (some medicine for phelgm) (the spelling is way off)

3) night cough tablet (donno call what??? but damm effective for night cough)

4) sabutamol (liquid one. eat already no cough)

Avoid cow milk. Most milk powders are cow-milk based. Try goat milk. No cold drinks, no Yakult/Vitagen. And since CNY is coming, no mandarin oranges.

Not too sure if goat milk powder has strong smell. I always thought goat milk has strong smell. But, a try with fresh goat milk changed my mind thereafter. It isn't.

Edited by Kangadrool

Supercharged

why not you tell us what is your kid's food diet like? and also your house environment? sleep with air con?

u may want to try honey. i used it for my children.

Bought honeyworld brand UMF 15 (1kg about S$140) and 23 (500g about S$140) for her to try.

not cheap. but i find it effective.

Edited by Mcf777

Neutral Newbie

Herbs can be more poisonous than western medicine.

I seriously caution against too young age kids for TCM treatment.

Turbocharged

why not you tell us what is your kid's food diet like? and also your house environment? sleep with air con?

ok.. here it goes..

formula milk morning & night

bread with cheeze mid-day

rice with veg, pork/chick, tofu lunch

again above dinner, sometimes out for meal.. like noodle

night snack cookies..

was very windy the past 2 months.. recently slowed down.. so when it got hot, only on the fan.. dust is checked every other day to make sure no accumulation..

@2009k: point noted.. will discuss with my other half...

Neutral Newbie

猴枣散 is one of the chinese medicine to treat cough and phlegm, but better to be seem by a TCM doctor.

if can't find any in the neighbourhood, eu yan sang is one safer choice.

Chinese medicine also has it side effect.

This herb really work. Now as long as my son has symptom of cough, we will buy this medicine for him. A few dosages will cure his cough and phlegm. Western medicine not as good to treat cough. But this medicine costs quite a bit..

I have been using this TCM in Yishun for my 2 gals.

Sin Nam Medical Hall

Blk 729 #01-101

Yishun st 71,

Tel: 62570881

I have the same experience before, if the cough and phlegm is allegic type(like cough more in morning) normal cough syrup is useless. It only relieve the syntoms and not treat it. Some western doc will suggest put the kid on Singulair med for a period like 3-6 mths. But once you stop giving, the problem will come again.

I'm glad u are considering TCM for your kid. Give it a try.

↡ Advertisement