Crash Test Toyota Vios

HP_Lee

[laugh] U all buy car to crash?

We bros don't buy cars for crash. All you need, is a freak accident and there it goes. If everyone knows the accident is about to happen, there will be minimum accidents on roads. Why we practically heard news daily on accidents? Whether is life endanger on not, safety bro, not for crash. Is for the sick of my family, if it will to happen in split seconds. Not for FC bucks that I saved previous on my Altis, which I proudly wrote in this SG Forum. Some bros have waked me up on safety aspects and some clips on NCAP sites. [rolleyes]

moral of the story...if your time is up, even a tank also cannot protect you

The problem is when your time is not suppose to expire so soon, but it hurts too if it happens. Leg damage? hand damage? All I want, is to minimize. :D

I used to drive a vios and this is its main minus point. Its thin metal collapses too eagerly, and i got no idea about its ncap rating. Scary.

This test is done by Toyota only, with it's every own Carmy which is the same metal sheet. Not even an EU NCAP. I think it would be worst off. You will definitely save much fuel and less wear and tear to the VVTi engine. Super low running cost. That is why so many are on the roads. Most of these drivers are middle class with budget to watch on , but still need a car. I believe they knew the potential risk, if in the vent of a freak accident. So it cuts both sides. Best FC with basic safety or Poorly FC with great safety. But most thing is an unlikely event of a serious accident. But... all you need is just one.... [bigcry]

moral of the story...if your time is up, even a tank also cannot protect you

Haha I that's assuming you leave things in the hands of fate. Hmm is that why you got yourself a picanto? I'm glad I'm driving my merc.

Well it is true most of the time that the smaller car will be at the losing end in the event of a crash.

Drive safe especially when you lack rear disc brakes and ABS. Does your car have Airbags?

Bro, you can check with all cars that are tested NCAP on this site : EU NCAP Site

If the car is not mentioned, means is not even tested or failed the test. Note that those that failed the test, will not be register on this site.

Haha I that's assuming you leave things in the hands of fate. Hmm is that why you got yourself a picanto? I'm glad I'm driving my merc.

Well it is true most of the time that the smaller car will be at the losing end in the event of a crash.

Drive safe especially when you lack rear disc brakes and ABS. Does your car have Airbags?

Even if there is 4 airbags on picanto and ABS, will not safe the driver in this crash. Its the car structural design, material plus other added safety features. A small car like the picanto could be worst off, if it kiss just the Vios which is a bigger car. So no need to mention with a Camry. Forget about bringing out the Conti cars.

(edited)

Bros, what about wish? How's the crash test... Anyone can upload and share?

Watch out for those who drives a hatch back or without a boot. You practically have very little protection against the rear passenger seats, in the event of a crash comes from the back.

Edited by HP_Lee

(edited)

Vios is a very soft skinned car

Another example:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2659761

The Vios/Altis even softer than a Korean car??? This is a joke. [laugh] No wonder I have been having great FC for my old Altis that had just trade in with a Cruze. I have been boasting the people that having very low operating cost and great FC previously and I realized, I have been driving a tin-can car for almost coming to 5 years, after some bros have posted to me. I believe this accident is a light kiss on the back of the Korean car. What will be the state, if the Vios have get it on a highway with greater speed??? [knife]

Edited by HP_Lee

Watch out for those who drives a hatch back or without a boot. You practically have very little protection against the rear passenger seats, in the event of a crash comes from the back.

NVM...post was edited...yeah i agree, there's hardly any crumple zone.

Edited by Fastfive1

The Vios/Altis even softer than a Korean car??? This is a joke. [laugh] No wonder I have been having great FC for my old Altis that had just trade in with a Cruze. I have been boasting the people that having very low operating cost and great FC previously and I realized, I have been driving a tin-can car for almost coming to 5 years, after some bros have posted to me. I believe this accident is a light kiss on the back of the Korean car. What will be the state, if the Vios have get it on a highway with greater speed??? [knife]

Yeah you bet. I've been saying that Korean cars have become more solid but people are still in denial. I realised the great difference between the altis and my 19 year old merc when i drove my relative's altis for awhile. The altis is indeed a tin can. The car doors feel very light. Well actually every bit of the car feels very light. Steering, brakes, etc. The minute i started driving it, i wanted to get back into my mercedes almost immediately. By the way your Cruze is from Korea.

i also drive a mercs

By the way i am not sure what model you guys are driving but if it is a 19 year old car i believe it is quite old and belong to the hard cast body type.

Nowadays , most cars come with crumple zone to reduce impact as speeds of cars are much faster as compared to 20 years back. Thus the front will crumple in while the back won't. If you don't even understand simple car mechanics and still wanna try to convince others ? Funny right? Come on lah stop acting knowledgeable when you know nuts. If you cheat yourselves convincing that a CHEAPO cruze is safer than a volvo then what happens those other kr tin cans? Seriously , you wanna convince yourself that your drive is good , no one is there to stop you but if you are trying to tell us that we are going to kill ourselves trying to drive vios and altis , what happen to those driving picantos , KR tin cans?

Must one really only aim altis vios? LOL seriously KR car owners all one kind one , got no money die die wanna say their car good. IF RICH and want a safe ride , buy VOLVO , by the way , NCAP is just a test , even if volvo doesn't do as well , i believe more people believe a Volvo would do a better job than a lan jiao CRUZE. Chee bye no money still want face , piu.

I have personally seen a lan jiao forte crash into a altis back and the lan jiao forte also ended up in the dump while the altis only had the bumper dented. Seriously HP lee how long you driving liao ? I believe when you bought a car you would have know altis and vios are light weight bb cars which purpose is point a and point b with FC in the first consideration. Want safety , the choice has always being volvo.

By the way yaris or your so called vios achieve the same rating as your highly acclaimed cruze. So just to correct you on your historic claims. Seriously, i will repeat myself , no wonder you guys need to choose those models.

http://www.euroncap.com/results/toyota/yaris/2011/458.aspx

Seriously if your time is up , even a tree can fall on your car and crush you , no matter what ncap you have i think cars aren't designed to be crushed by trees.

Edited by CH_CO

By the way i am not sure what model you guys are driving but if it is a 19 year old car i believe it is quite old and belong to the hard cast body type.

Nowadays , most cars come with crumple zone to reduce impact as speeds of cars are much faster as compared to 20 years back. Thus the front will crumple in while the back won't. If you don't even understand simple car mechanics and still wanna try to convince others ? Funny right? Come on lah stop acting knowledgeable when you know nuts. If you cheat yourselves convincing that a CHEAPO cruze is safer than a volvo then what happens those other kr tin cans? Seriously , you wanna convince yourself that your drive is good , no one is there to stop you but if you are trying to tell us that we are going to kill ourselves trying to drive vios and altis , what happen to those driving picantos , KR tin cans?

Must one really only aim altis vios? LOL seriously KR car owners all one kind one , got no money die die wanna say their car good. IF RICH and want a safe ride , buy VOLVO , by the way , NCAP is just a test , even if volvo doesn't do as well , i believe more people believe a Volvo would do a better job than a lan jiao CRUZE. Chee bye no money still want face , piu.

I have personally seen a lan jiao forte crash into a altis back and the lan jiao forte also ended up in the dump while the altis only had the bumper dented. Seriously HP lee how long you driving liao ? I believe when you bought a car you would have know altis and vios are light weight bb cars which purpose is point a and point b with FC in the first consideration. Want safety , the choice has always being volvo.

By the way yaris or your so called vios achieve the same rating as your highly acclaimed cruze. So just to correct you on your historic claims. Seriously, i will repeat myself , no wonder you guys need to choose those models.

Seriously if your time is up , even a tree can fall on your car and crush you , no matter what ncap you have i think cars aren't designed to be crushed by trees.

a bit contradicting statement... i am confused, dont know which side u taking.... [:/]

from wad i know, bigger car are safety, no matter wad u want ur family to be more safe rather than on B&B cars

i know its selfish but for ur family safety, nothing beat than ur loved one...

tree fall?? that means its fate but wad if u bang against conti? supposingly ur loved one just broken leg but ended up coma forever cos u r riding vios....

Nowadays , most cars come with crumple zone to reduce impact as speeds of cars are much faster as compared to 20 years back. Thus the front will crumple in while the back won't. If you don't even understand simple car mechanics and wanna try to convince others ? Come on lah stop acting knowledgeable when you know nuts. If you cheat yourselves convincing that a CHEAPO cruze is safer than a volvo then what happens those other kr tin cans? Seriously , you wanna convince yourself that your drive is good , no one is there to stop you but if you are trying to tell us that we are going to kill ourselves trying to drive vios and altis , what happen to those driving picantos , KR tin cans?

Haha the picanto and the altis, in my opinion are tin can cars. Just that the Altis is less of a tin can than the picanto. And again I believe you're one of those in denial.

Volvos.... They're over-rated just like the stupid beats by dre earphones. I wouldn't bother looking at one and I will never ever buy one. It simply has no cool factor, parts are not easily available, servicing is very costly, market value isn't that high. I'd take a BMW instead. I believe I'm not alone. It's the top selling new car in Singapore. I don't remember seeing honda or toyota on that list. I am driving a 19 year old "tank" and there are multiple videos showing how solid the build quality of my car is. There's one done by fifth gear. Do a search on youtube.

Do you have a picture of the crashed forte and altis?

↡ Advertisement