Crash Test Toyota Vios

HP_Lee

Nope. Many factors can contribute to accidents, and not all are within the driver's control. Hence we are just being safety conscious. Hoping to have a better chance of surviving with minimal injuries to self and occupants during accident. By your logic, nobody needs cars with seat belts and airbags, auto insurance because nobody buys car to crash.

I believe cars normally do not crash. Its the driver(s) who crash the car(s). The driver(s) dedicated effort to avoid crashing can reduce almost half the traffic accidents. The driver(s) dedicated effort to avoid being crashed can also almost half the traffic accidents. Many/moay of us are owenr-drivers. We can choose to buy and drive cars that can help us avoid crashing, and/or being crashed. A bigger car makes the road/carpark lot slightly narrower, more stressful to drive/park. Example: a smaller car can help reduce the need for doing 3-points U-turn, with its smaller turning radius. A bigger car is physically a bigger target to be crashed into by others. Example: when we practice at the range, the target board easier to shoot than the 4-inch square. Summary: our concern should be to try avoid accident, not try to survive accidents. If no accident, of course survival chances are there (how I choose my cars). Happy Lunar New Year [laugh]

Can share with us your logic?

Actually there is some truth in what he said.

Bigger car is usually heavier. Hence more inertia. During a head on collision with a smaller car, the inertia will push push the smaller car back instead.

The biggest amount of damage comes from hitting another car and kana pushed back (sort of rebound effect).

Bro, you can check with all cars that are tested NCAP on this site : EU NCAP Site

If the car is not mentioned, means is not even tested or failed the test. Note that those that failed the test, will not be register on this site.

Wow! That is a very sweeping statement.

I looked at their website (FAQ at http://www.euroncap.com/Content-Web-Faq/50...or-testing.aspx ) and could not find Euro NCAP themselves stating such things. Perhaps you can highlight those statements for our information.

In fact BMW 7 series are not in list of tested models, so does it mean that they failed? I woould think not.

Also it is a wrong assumption that all conti (European) cars have 5 stars and Japanese ones only attained 4 stars are less. In fact the following examples of conti-cars have 4 stars: Jaguar XF, Citroen C3, Land Rover Discovery, Mini One, Renault Fluence. Wheres Hyundai i40, Kia Rio, Mazda 3, Nissan Juke, Suzuki Swift, Toyota Corolla & Prius attained 5 stars. Even Geely Emgrand EC7, recently tested 4-star, has highlighted that China-designed cars has improved rapidly in safety rating.

Camry-Vios, Accord-Jazz, VW Phaeton-Polo collision crash test show that the mass of the large cars have advantage, but will also suffer considerable damage too. Same effect if the larger cars have head-on collision with container or cement trucks

Keep in mind that frontal offset carsh test are conducted at 64km/hr, side impact at 50km/hr (so most our cars not having side & curtain airbags make us more at risk) and pole collision (like hitting tree or lamp psot sideways) is at 29km/hr. So don't expect full protection when a BMW or Mercedes collide at 100km/hr! ...... never mind having 5-star.

So the best is to prevent collision by staying alert, anticipate actions of surrounding motorists and drive defensively ..... and don't run through red lights at junctions!

Actually there is some truth in what he said.

Bigger car is usually heavier. Hence more inertia. During a head on collision with a smaller car, the inertia will push push the smaller car back instead.

The biggest amount of damage comes from hitting another car and kana pushed back (sort of rebound effect).

I can believe you do feel assured with that. However, it seems most traffic accidents involved cars of about the same weight category. There is no end to any assumption that accident can only happen if the other car is smaller. I have seen more car rear-ended by pick-ups, vans, small lorries, same sized cars, than smaller sized cars.

I hope we dedicate towards avoiding traffic accidents where we can, instead.

You sure Cruze is not meant for racing? FYI, Cruze won 2010 and 2011 WTCC. It beats BMW, Merc, VW etc......

You must be joking. I confirm for him that the Cruze here are not meant for racing. Different beast.

But we can safety said that the cars made in Thailand probably will fair very well in the hot, humid, & rainy tropical region.

if this statement is true then all korean cars will be more suited to our environment that JDM cars because south korea is located nearer to our region than japan

Wow! That is a very sweeping statement.

I looked at their website (FAQ at http://www.euroncap.com/Content-Web-Faq/50...or-testing.aspx ) and could not find Euro NCAP themselves stating such things. Perhaps you can highlight those statements for our information.

In fact BMW 7 series are not in list of tested models, so does it mean that they failed? I woould think not.

Also it is a wrong assumption that all conti (European) cars have 5 stars and Japanese ones only attained 4 stars are less. In fact the following examples of conti-cars have 4 stars: Jaguar XF, Citroen C3, Land Rover Discovery, Mini One, Renault Fluence. Wheres Hyundai i40, Kia Rio, Mazda 3, Nissan Juke, Suzuki Swift, Toyota Corolla & Prius attained 5 stars. Even Geely Emgrand EC7, recently tested 4-star, has highlighted that China-designed cars has improved rapidly in safety rating.

Camry-Vios, Accord-Jazz, VW Phaeton-Polo collision crash test show that the mass of the large cars have advantage, but will also suffer considerable damage too. Same effect if the larger cars have head-on collision with container or cement trucks

Keep in mind that frontal offset carsh test are conducted at 64km/hr, side impact at 50km/hr (so most our cars not having side & curtain airbags make us more at risk) and pole collision (like hitting tree or lamp psot sideways) is at 29km/hr. So don't expect full protection when a BMW or Mercedes collide at 100km/hr! ...... never mind having 5-star.

So the best is to prevent collision by staying alert, anticipate actions of surrounding motorists and drive defensively ..... and don't run through red lights at junctions!

I do agree your points. How safe a car is, once you are above 90KM/h mark, even a tank cannot save you. :D

Do you mean Conti cars inferior in comparison?

Nope. What I meant is a small car like this, will be worst off if it happen to kiss a Conti car which are even solid than a Carmy. [rolleyes]

at times, its not about you being careful.

other road users will possibly kiss your vehicle even though you are a safe driver.

i got to agree that it is a better option to get Conti or bigger cars, safety is always better than smaller cars like Vios, Fit/Jazz, etc.

go test drive and you will know what i mean.

of course, everyone got a budget when purchasing a car and not everyone can afford big and expensive cars.

i can only advise drivers to at least put on seat belt and please ensure your passengers do that too.

Yup. Totally agree your points. [:)]

You sure Cruze is not meant for racing? FYI, Cruze won 2010 and 2011 WTCC. It beats BMW, Merc, VW etc......

The body is too heavy that, as compare to EVO or a STI. I am not good at modify cars. But I bought it for my family safety sick and not for racing. SO far to-date, I did not see any of these Cruze racing around in Singapore. Majority of the driver of Cruze so far are slow and stable on road, rather than switching lanes fast and like snakes pattern. I am a safe driver and same driving pattern while I drove my Altis previous, though is a zippy engine. [drivingcar]

(edited)

This really surprise me of this heavy tank can do that. I guessed is a 2L engine or larger? [idea]

Edited by HP_Lee

so what is your point really? Do you think the Cruze used for racing is the same as the Cruze you see on the road be it pre-FL or the LS. No automaker participating in races that requires strict homologation rules, will be stupid enough to just throw in a nondescript unit off the assembly line. You can be sure the damn car will be at least 30% stiffer than the actual street legal version. And that is even before mentioning the formidable roll cage.

There were two cars in the demonstration crash test. Had both of them be able to take full avoidance action, there may not be a crash. Had one of them took acoidance action, perhaps only a partial crash. If one of the car stalled, the crash less serious. The respective drivers are more crucial than the cars.

I always hope this is the case. [:)]

Nope. What I meant is a small car like this, will be worst off if it happen to kiss a Conti car which are even solid than a Carmy. [rolleyes]

Hatchbacks like Defender 110, Wrangler... not realy small car, and can contest other Conti car size/weight [:p]

Let's look at chevy version of a tin can. Do you it is worse than vios? Up to you guys to decide. While someone insist on his car how good how good their car is , that is just only one model, he fails to realise that there are flaws in their own models as well. While they champion their "newer" and "better" models they fail to recognise they are also guilty of the same piece of sh1t.

I posted an older model just to prove my point. Similar to how HP lee post his examples.

This is how one will look like when crashing on impact at speed. It is similar to two cars crashing at 100km/hr.

Edited by CH_CO

Let's look at chevy version of a tin can. Do you it is worse than vios? Up to you guys to decide. While someone insist on his car how good how good their car is , that is just only one model, he fails to realise that there are flaws in their own models as well. While they champion their "newer" and "better" models they fail to recognise they are also guilty of the same piece of sh1t.

I posted an older model just to prove my point. Similar to how HP lee post his examples.

This is how one will look like when crashing on impact at speed. It is similar to two cars crashing at 100km/hr.

This reminds me of many years back the famous toyota vios hit head on collision with DHL lorry at Changi Coast Road. Vios damage also seems to be quite the same damage as the crash above at 200km/h onto the concrete wall.

↡ Advertisement