Recommend me a comfortable used conti

Wyfitms

Volvo XC90...very quiet, responsive engine, ample leg room, easier to park than other SUV, relatively problem free.....

↡ Advertisement

Noticed from your sig that you're driving a 523. How much would you say you spend on maintenance & repairs per annum? My budget is around 2 to 3K. Not sure if that is sufficient...

Mine is quite new. Yet to get into that phase!

yup saab skoda are good brands

or can go for bmw or mercedes

top up about 20k which is about 140k can get mercedes c class

if u want a unique european brand...rather than the same bmws or mercedes

but yea for 120k can choose a couple

Edited by Ithunk

Stay main stream.

I 'll think its Volvo.

One word of advice, check their aircon performance first.

I used to be on Conti for years, until I cannot tehan their weak aircon.

Noticed from your sig that you're driving a 523. How much would you say you spend on maintenance & repairs per annum? My budget is around 2 to 3K. Not sure if that is sufficient...

2 to 3k is more than sufficient Liao. Consider average 20k per year mean two service per year. Normal servicing cost around $300 at pro BMW WS. If you got the low mileage car then basically not much thing need to change. If over 100k mileage then may need to change belt, tensioner, pulley, and some oil seal which would not cost you a bomb. Don't be deceived by some say Conti high maintaince cost unless you do it at agent.

Some guide line for TS. Take E60 523 as example.

Shock absorber - $600 for OEM

All four brake rotor and pad - $800

Belt + tensioner + pulley - $400

Oil seal - $500 all

This common wear and tear parts and other repair is subject to the car condition.

2 to 3k is more than sufficient Liao. Consider average 20k per year mean two service per year. Normal servicing cost around $300 at pro BMW WS. If you got the low mileage car then basically not much thing need to change. If over 100k mileage then may need to change belt, tensioner, pulley, and some oil seal which would not cost you a bomb. Don't be deceived by some say Conti high maintaince cost unless you do it at agent.

Thanks! [thumbsup]

Some guide line for TS. Take E60 523 as example.

Shock absorber - $600 for OEM

All four brake rotor and pad - $800

Belt + tensioner + pulley - $400

Oil seal - $500 all

This common wear and tear parts and other repair is subject to the car condition.

Thanks! [thumbsup]

for your criteria may i recommend the volvo s80. it has the space and probably meets your budget.

volvo is a good car... i drive a bmw 3er, volvo (v50), dad has a merc b170 and i've driven latio previously... dad owned audi pre-2000 and a 2002 ford mondeo. among all the rest, the mondeo being the crappiest, followed by audi, followed by merc b170, followed by bmw. i will tell u volvo although parts are expensive it breaks down less often than the competitor (merc/bmw/audi) and pretty much my latio had more issue than the volvo (e.g. aircon died within 2 years ~50,000km)

otherwise i think bmw/merc pretty much out of the league. even 5 series or e class may not be as spacious as a volvo s80 (7 series equiv).

Edited by Detach8

My choices , personally am looking for a volvo s80 to replace the accord in which i am going to retire in 2 years. Harrier is good for its price

1, Volvo S80

2. Toyota Harrier

3. Merc E200