Question of Nissan Latio

Ngsengpoh

Hi I'm driving a 2007 Nissan Latio CVT. Last week, when there was a jam at the entrance of a carpark, just nice I stopped at the slope. When I was about to move, my car deem to be rolling backward. I quickly change my gear to L. But same thing happen, car rolling backward. I had to step on the accelerator to rpm 5k and above then my car manage to move forward. Anyone facing the same problem? Or is there something wrong with my gearbox? Thks.

↡ Advertisement

Driving an 06 Latio.cvt. happened to me last yr. Try driving up the same slope immediately, no problem, bring to mechanic check, but as can't repeat the problem, he also can't do anything...Zzzzz

So far no reoccurence til now.

LOL...unless your car comes with Hill Start Assist function dan it will not roll back. [rolleyes]

Sometimes I wonder what ppl really learn while learning how to drive before they get their license or are they just going thru motion. There's this device call "handbrake"(or footbrake or parking brake) for those who dunno and when you are on any slope regardless how steep use it. When moving off release it dan you will not roll back.

Edited by Watwheels

Simply.. Bcos it's a CVT. That why's.

Not just CVT, it happens in any auto car without Hill/Slope assist. I guess the Latios are not with that function. So, use Handbrake always

It really depends on situation, say if threadstarter attempt the slope every other day and it only happened tat it require a 5krpm to keep the car in check this time round, then there is a problem.

In my case it happened in @ my mscp which I driving abt every other day. And to require a switching to L or stomping it to high rpm definitely is not .norm

I will not jump to conclude tat its a norm or the driver ain't know his stuff

I think is normal too. Some auto cars will roll back and somewill not.

Though if the slope is too steep, any car also will roll back?! [:/]

Though if the slope is too steep, any car also will roll back?! [:/]

i know my previous vios wont roll back but current latio will and the surprises here is not about the roll back but the needs to hit 5Krpm in order to move up the slope... that's scary.. wonder how steep is the slope? i've been to many steep slope and the most i need is a slight tap on the gas to keep it from rooling backward.. didnt take note of the rpm but definately not 5k.. maybe in range of 2k-2.5k the most...

Neutral Newbie

I was facing a slope downwards one day and I need to reverse. Engaged R and the car roll forward hit the kerb luckily I engaged the foot brake before more damage is done. So maybe the cvt needs more rpm to move?

↡ Advertisement