Question of Nissan Latio

Ngsengpoh

Hi I'm driving a 2007 Nissan Latio CVT. Last week, when there was a jam at the entrance of a carpark, just nice I stopped at the slope. When I was about to move, my car deem to be rolling backward. I quickly change my gear to L. But same thing happen, car rolling backward. I had to step on the accelerator to rpm 5k and above then my car manage to move forward. Anyone facing the same problem? Or is there something wrong with my gearbox? Thks.

parkway eh bro? was at punggol plaza just now while coming out the exit response time of the system very slow so i was caught in a jam on the slope from B2 to B1...when front car moved off my car just roll back abit before a tap on the accelerator halted it and the car moved forward. yours abit weird to need to rev up to 5K RPM.

↡ Advertisement

parkway eh bro? was at punggol plaza just now while coming out the exit response time of the system very slow so i was caught in a jam on the slope from B2 to B1...when front car moved off my car just roll back abit before a tap on the accelerator halted it and the car moved forward. yours abit weird to need to rev up to 5K RPM.

Hi bro, I was at the compass point. The steep slope at the entrance before turning into the carpark. Sorry is 4k rpm. See wrongly. Btw happy lunar new year to you and your family.

Hi bro, I was at the compass point. The steep slope at the entrance before turning into the carpark. Sorry is 4k rpm. See wrongly. Btw happy lunar new year to you and your family.

Gong Hei Fatt Choy! I find tat entrance design very bad actually

What is your speed when rpm is 2k? Or what is your rpm when crusing at 90kmph?

It seems like, your high FC could be either engine "bo lat" (because it is damaged), or the CVT could not transfer energy efficiently. You have to rev more => higher FC.

..ok.. It can also be the wheel "stuck" some where... need more energy to roll it.

I guess because we just don't bother the rolling back most of the time. Took my license from BBDC, the school taught like this: when parking in the slope, if want to move off, step on the accelerator first and then release handbrake :)

but ever since I started to drive, never do that, normally just quickly step on the accelerator to cancel the rolling back.

What is your speed when rpm is 2k? Or what is your rpm when crusing at 90kmph?

It seems like, your high FC could be either engine "bo lat" (because it is damaged), or the CVT could not transfer energy efficiently. You have to rev more => higher FC.

..ok.. It can also be the wheel "stuck" some where... need more energy to roll it.

Hi, my rpm is about 1.8k to 1.9k when crusing around 90km/h. Thks. [drivingcar]

Hi, my rpm is about 1.8k to 1.9k when crusing around 90km/h. Thks. [drivingcar]

This is perfectly normal.

So your high FC... a mistery for now...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

My sis experienced that once at Compass Point carpark, and I experienced it twice, the most recent being this morning at my son's school this morning. I rev till 4.0rpm and the car still not moving. I had to step on the brakes, engage the gear to neutral and then back to D, then it became ok...any bros here experience the same thing??

Edited by Kt760

Neutral Newbie

My sis experienced that once at Compass Point carpark, and I experienced it twice, the most recent being this morning at my son's school this morning. I rev till 4.0rpm and the car still not moving. I had to step on the brakes, engage the gear to neutral and then back to D, then it became ok...any bros here experience the same thing??

if u need to do those procedures maybe something wrong wif ur gearbox?

if u need to do those procedures maybe something wrong wif ur gearbox?

My '05 latio cvt also same problem. Especially bad after getting stuck in jam. Then when got to enter carpark slope, i always sweat cos the car cannot even climb the slope.....have to step hard on accelerator....

Kena at Taka, city sq mall etc....

Even went back to Tan Chong also no use as the consult diagnostic cannot find any fault or error.....

So bo pian....next time got to try engage gear to N then back to D again.....

Neutral Newbie

My '05 latio cvt also same problem. Especially bad after getting stuck in jam. Then when got to enter carpark slope, i always sweat cos the car cannot even climb the slope.....have to step hard on accelerator....

Kena at Taka, city sq mall etc....

Even went back to Tan Chong also no use as the consult diagnostic cannot find any fault or error.....

So bo pian....next time got to try engage gear to N then back to D again.....

i will also sweat if liddat [furious] , i duno, maybe can get other workshops to check if see this doctor not good can see another doctor =P

Edited by Darthx123

Wa that [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Try to avoid slope untill you find the solution. Try TC bukit timah or UBI they are the bigger TC should have more old bird to solve this problem

Wa that [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Try to avoid slope untill you find the solution. Try TC bukit timah or UBI they are the bigger TC should have more old bird to solve this problem

Neutral Newbie

manual car have a biting point, holding the point on a foot brake. once release handbrake then u can smoothly accelerate without any lapse or feel falling backwards...on a high slope position.the 1st gear is usually strong, esp those few tonnes vehicle.... civilian cars not so powerful even thou commercial outback or whatever, they seem to be super...but actually not..

modern AT cars, they do reverse back when its a auto car, if slope less than 20 degrees, higher than that, imo, will sort of reverse quietly... or adruptly fast...at times...there is no usual or same situation or reliability on this issue......only thing to do is to step on the gas pedal or accelerator to maintain, and more to move.....its very usual.

some cars have creep behaviour or technology to overcome some curbs..so they are seemingly looking to be slightly more powerful...in the US..there are some cases of law suits....not singapore...buyer own basa...

Driving an 06 Latio.cvt. happened to me last yr. Try driving up the same slope immediately, no problem, bring to mechanic check, but as can't repeat the problem, he also can't do anything...Zzzzz

So far no reoccurence til now.

Maybe due to slippery surface plus steep slope, or maybe it could be as simple as press accelerator too sudden and too much torque to the front wheel causing wheelspin and thus roll backwards instead of moving forward.

When face with this situation no point continue press hard on accelerator as the wheel already spin the more accelerator press, it would be the same until the spin is fade off and contact back to ground again. Depress brake and accelerate up slope again.

i know my previous vios wont roll back but current latio will and the surprises here is not about the roll back but the needs to hit 5Krpm in order to move up the slope... that's scary.. wonder how steep is the slope? i've been to many steep slope and the most i need is a slight tap on the gas to keep it from rooling backward.. didnt take note of the rpm but definately not 5k.. maybe in range of 2k-2.5k the most...

Read my comment above maybe because of too sudden depress accelerator causing wheelspin in slope, and the wheelspin may need 1 to 2 second or even as fast as 0.5 seconds to recover and minwhile no matter how much accelerator is press also no use. That's why by than you depress more to 5k rpm maybe just nice wheelspin fade off and you may feel like I press 5k rpm than car can move upslope.

Car move upslope cannot too sudden press accelerator too hard as the car roll back and as wheel turn too fast wheelspin lor.

Or another case maybe tyre going botak lao, check tyres is it still in good condition.

Or maybe slippery surface plays a part too.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement