News: Special concession for school pickup n drop off?

SimonTan

To solve a problem, you must have a solution... as probably the TP has no solution to it yet.

There is 1 solution which works even better than the double yellow lines.

Turn that stretch of lane into the red bus lane, confirm no cars will dare wait inside.

↡ Advertisement

I drive along this Bartley road everyday and encounter 1st hand the problem. Actually very simple solution that can implement. Instead of allowing parents to stop near the school front gate at Bartley Road - make them go to the back gate along Mt Vernon road.

The mount vernon road is very very quiet and hardly used, the parents can park there and wait whole day and not disturb anyone along bartley road. Just make the kids who want to take a ride in daddy's car just walk out the back gate, and voila! problem solved. Haiz... such a simple solution and all the highly paid scholars cannot solve... [rolleyes]

These highly paid scholar's backsides are screwed to the office chair in aircon room. You think they'll bother to go down to do a site survey to understand the surroundings and traffic patterns at different times of the day?

For all we know, their relative's kids or theirs may be studying there.

I face the same problem in my area as well. Tampines Street 82 where both St Hilda Primary & Secondary school are located along street and a Light House church as well facing opposite the primary school. For 365 days, the street always full of cars parking along both the school and even on Sunday, church goer also start to line up their cars along that stretch as well. Driving out for my house carpark also have to watch out these car parking along the street. You never know when they going to drive out from the Queue and these idiots most of the time dun signal their intention.

I have been horning them upteem times and I am just waiting some of these car get bang by a lorry or those Rubbish bin truck.

This create a bigger bottleneck as those travelling at Upper Alijuned road will suffer.

Then congestion at UAR mixed with cars going to/from Cedar school???

No perfect solution expect if that parents can let their offsprings WALK!

Really must stop at doorstep wasting each other time meh? Walk a few hundred meters so difficult?

no.. I don't mean go all the way to Upper Aljunied.. I mean the cars can wait along Mt Vernon for the pickups... then can choose to exit either bartley or upper aljunied as required. This means there is no waiting along bartley -which eases the jam. The cars exiting mt vernon can be regulated, either yellow box or traffic lights.

This is similar situation to SJI exit at Whitley road.

I drive pass there everyday during evening school release time. - but there are cars parked along the road and bus stop. Not strictly drop and go leh. I don't think the school can enforce traffic rules outside the school gate.

The only solution is to prevent any entry/exit from main gate for car rides. But it would mean the school would need to check who take public bus and who take car - and only let those public bus students out of the front gate.

Not too sure about the evening time, as I only drive in the early morning there. Agree something needs to be done to those who parked there and wait.

↡ Advertisement