Which part of SG is flooding now?

Vega

Flood barricade up, but lack of drainage. Rain water collected and flooded with water.

Looks like it need to build shelter or have drainage system inside to prevent it from happening again.

I believe the flood barricade works if designed with drainage (which has been obviously overlooked to make some people appears indispensable for solving the probelms they created).

↡ Advertisement

If you are talking about the underground rail system it's impossible for the flood water to so call seep into it. I dunno why ppl like to say this.

The tunnels are like giant concrete pipes lay into layers of earth. Sewage system & drainage system are laid independently away from the tunnels separated by layers of earth. Unless there's a major earthquake that break the drainage pipes, earth and the thick concrete tunnel dan maybe the water will seep thru. Dun forget the underground stations are also bomb shelters. They are well sealed ok. [rolleyes]

Sgp's power line and fresh water supply all of which are built underground. If flood water so easy seep thru dun you think there will be power outage too where places have flash floods? And the drinking water from the tap contaminated with mud water? 'nuf said.

Let us hope some of us believe this to be the truth

Very JIALAT indeed.

The oft cited "changes in weather" is a lame excuse because weather patterns don't change suddenly in a flash but rather take place over years if not decades.

[cool]

Ministers do absconded suddenly to other Ministries [laugh]

very correct. but this is 'by right'.

however many years back when trains and roads etc are built, our Singapore 'by right' wont flood and MRT 'by right' wont breakdown. (okay this time round it's complete disaster <_< )

so the intelligence of men have been proven futile against science and nature and maybe one day (very soon perhaps) we might witness

freak situations of the mrt tunnels.. i wont be surprise if an earthquake does hit us too.

it just take something to happen for everyone to realise "ah...this could happen to us too"

I am more concern of our random overbuilt/overdug, even without any earthquake. Most of the buildings were already built before we started tunneling here and there, raising the water table underground with barrage... It is like building a time bomb uniquely for the downfall of Singapore. We are our own terrorists terrorising ourselves.. When things goes wrong, Ministers absconded to other Ministries (no accountablility/responsiblility).

very correct. but this is 'by right'.

however many years back when trains and roads etc are built, our Singapore 'by right' wont flood and MRT 'by right' wont breakdown. (okay this time round it's complete disaster <_< )

so the intelligence of men have been proven futile against science and nature and maybe one day (very soon perhaps) we might witness

freak situations of the mrt tunnels.. i wont be surprise if an earthquake does hit us too.

it just take something to happen for everyone to realise "ah...this could happen to us too"

Murphy's Law applicable here?

Neutral Newbie

The cause of the floods is the barrage. Turning kallang basin into a reservoir has to be the most harebrained engineering idea ever approved in singapore (that's prolly what you get when you let lawyers run the country huh).

That 'hole' is the biggest drainage system in singapore, (did somebody say only major one?)

If you block it off, and it rains, it floods. Its not hard to see why. Can the flood gates support the same amount of water evacuation before the restriction was built? Nope. So how can these floods be considered an act of god? Although, some people to consider the MIW to be gods, so. I guess that's fairly accurate.

I believe the flood barrier designed before the Marina Barrage. I believe to be the Act of PUB

They did not open the barrier went heavy downpour?

Who is the seated guy in what appears to be in some cross-dressing?

[laugh] are you u dont know or just joking? If u dont who is that "guy", you must have been in hiding for the past few Weeks and just come out from a cave?....

What FLOODING? PUB said is call WATER PONDING.....

Si pei funny lor.... Then can some one tells me how to definite flooding?

Whatever they call it. I believe that is the reason for Yakult to abscond to another Ministry [thumbsdown]

Are floods going to be a norm in singapore

water is 'cai'. We have so much rain water until flood, that's why property prices still hot hot despite cooler measures. Huat arh.

Property prices everywhere drop except Sillypore.

Edited by Kangadrool

The cause of the floods is the barrage. Turning kallang basin into a reservoir has to be the most harebrained engineering idea ever approved in singapore (that's prolly what you get when you let lawyers run the country huh).

That 'hole' is the biggest drainage system in singapore, (did somebody say only major one?)

If you block it off, and it rains, it floods. Its not hard to see why. Can the flood gates support the same amount of water evacuation before the restriction was built? Nope. So how can these floods be considered an act of god? Although, some people to consider the MIW to be gods, so. I guess that's fairly accurate.

Somehow the 'claifications/causes' for the repeated flooding has not been satisfactory. We only know the Minister (I was told a Professional Engineer) absconded to another Ministry. Now got young people started killing each other. I believe the cause for the flooding is due to malingers's negligence.

Example: barrage under-design, design flaws/deficiencies, others, can repeat the flooding with each heavy rainfall.

I also believe there are chronic issue forth-coming. Like leaning/sinking buildings/infrastructures in the vicinity of the upstream waterways into the Marina Bay. Confidence for the future with more issues creating malingers.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

If you are kidding with us. This is ticklish [laugh] It was mentioned as once in 50 years flood for the first time :o Now at least 3rd time :o Many of us above age 150 We must be global talents of some sort

If you are not kidding with us. It could be the start of the fall/sinking of Singapore, just like the fall of the Roman Empire, many others...

more people are creating problems to make themselves indispensable, as silence means consent, which the majority never failed to observe.

bro, easily 10 times leow lah [laugh]

i still remember the 1st 50 yrs was in Jun 2010 [laugh]

↡ Advertisement