Japan: Going Japan for a holiday

Texas5

I have been to tokyo disneyland 4 times. Disneysea 2 times. I think I still like disneyland.

I thought disneySea looks a little small.

↡ Advertisement

wah omg... the price tag too heavy to bring back ><

btw for those been at Disneyland... is tat really so shiok over there?

Depends on who you going with. If u enjoy cartoons and grew up with them, then u will love it.

I think its really heaven for kids.

The japanese women also really enjoy it!

"MICKEY ... MICKEY! "

But if u like hardcore theme parks, then its very tame.

thanks for all the feedback... appreciate it.

I selected Kyoto becoz I heard alot said Kyoto one of the best to visit when goin Japan becoz of the scenery & temple structural. Then Osaka coz its near Kyoto lol... Tokyo is no choice coz plane arrive/depart there at Haneda airport, will stay mayb 2-3 days over.

My roughly plan is after touch down Haneda airport, take monorail to Tokyo, then take Shinkansen str8 to Kyoto & stay there for 2 days then go Osaka, stay 2 days, then go Mt Fuji 1 day then back to Tokyo for remaining day till depart back to SG. nid to find more on transport & their timing (so far I know JR pass cant be use on Nozomi and Mizuho Shinkansen) anyway still no confirm, if got better place to go then change again heehee... (mayb will extend to 10/14 days trip)

Im more towards peaceful visit, enjoying the scenery & local culture there, not really into heavy shopping & chionging night spot.

more input & suggestion heehee...

dude... sibeh waste $$$ le... might as well fly to osaka instead?

I took chan brother to japan for 7 days last year going to tokyo, osaka and kyoto. Went to Fuji, take shinkansen from osaka to kyoto and went to disney also the universal studio and osaka castle. Quite a nice experience.

wah omg... the price tag too heavy to bring back ><

btw for those been at Disneyland... is tat really so shiok over there?

Disnyland ok la, universal studio better... Too childish disney for me

Disnyland ok la, universal studio better... Too childish disney for me

I went to HK Disneyland last year and found that it is an amusement park whereas Tokyo Disneyland is really something from your fantasy. Especially when it is near to Christmas. Another tip is when taking shinkansen, try not to talk to loudly, or use your handphone. The japs will stare at you

i think instead of spending so much travelling by shinkansen to / fro Kyoto/osaka/tokyo. Why not just base in Tokyo and make day scenic trips out to Hakone or Nikko?

Edited by Mockngbrd

I went to HK Disneyland last year and found that it is an amusement park whereas Tokyo Disneyland is really something from your fantasy. Especially when it is near to Christmas. Another tip is when taking shinkansen, try not to talk to loudly, or use your handphone. The japs will stare at you

Hk one doesnt deserve to be called disneyland la lol

Planning to go Tokyo in May for approx 10 days Free & Easy. Deduct 2 days flying time, what to do in 8 days there? Any good suggestions?

Planning to do some self-drive + bullet train travel.

remember

JR pass can only be bought outside japan,

i.e.

in Singapore,

i bought mine at Taka there last time ( i think the JTB shifted liao)

Now at ION, near the food court area.

excluding airtickets and lodging,

how much to bring for 2 weeks holiday there

Depends what you eat or buy. From $200 per day to $2,000 per day also can. [laugh]

i was there for 10days, blew sgd$2k

where to find cheap lodging in the greater tokyo area?

no need hotel.

even "apartments" also can

Edited by Mllcg
↡ Advertisement