Sec sch boys play mahjong at the lift landing everyday

Mazda2gal

My neighbour's sec sch boy has been bringing his friends back to play mahjong everyday since last Dec. Even though they throw their fast-food waste outside the rubbish chute and mess up the place, we all just ignore them. A few weeks ago, they moved their mj table outside the flat to the lift landing and played there. As a result, we can hear them though our unit is far away fr the lift.

When I came home just now, I could hear them 'washing the tiles' fr ground floor. No kidding, I'm staying on the highest flr, more than 10 floors. Never mind, I tell myself to ignore, coz that family is typical zero upbringing family.

But when I step out of the lift and head towards my unit, one of them said 'happy new year 新年快乐' I continued to walk, immediately a string of vulgarities followed. Obviously he not happy I ignore him.

I have decided to take action, which is the relevant authority to contact? I don't know if they are using chips to gamble, coz I nvr want to look at them. And they are obviously hooligans, my mum heard the boy quarrelling with his friends and they threaten to splash red paint on his doors. However they were back playing mj the next day.

I will even call the police, but my concern is, would they say it's none of their business if they not using gambling chips?

↡ Advertisement

My neighbour's sec sch boy has been bringing his friends back to play mahjong everyday since last Dec. Even though they throw their fast-food waste outside the rubbish chute and mess up the place, we all just ignore them. A few weeks ago, they moved their mj table outside the flat to the lift landing and played there. As a result, we can hear them though our unit is far away fr the lift.

When I came home just now, I could hear them 'washing the tiles' fr ground floor. No kidding, I'm staying on the highest flr, more than 10 floors. Never mind, I tell myself to ignore, coz that family is typical zero upbringing family.

But when I step out of the lift and head towards my unit, one of them said 'happy new year 新年快乐' I continued to walk, immediately a string of vulgarities followed. Obviously he not happy I ignore him.

I have decided to take action, which is the relevant authority to contact? I don't know if they are using chips to gamble, coz I nvr want to look at them. And they are obviously hooligans, my mum heard the boy quarrelling with his friends and they threaten to splash red paint on his doors. However they were back playing mj the next day.

I will even call the police, but my concern is, would they say it's none of their business if they not using gambling chips?

call newpaper & wanbao

Turbocharged

actually chips or cash, mahjong is ok (grey area) if played within the house (not more than one table setup)

however, it's certainly illegal if play at the corridor or some common public places (authorities usually close one eye if mahjong is played at a wake, as long as no one complains)

Well, I guess the opportunity to make a connection had been spoiled when TS did not return their greetings! [laugh] If there's a greeting, at least there's a chance to strike up conversation and ask why they happen to be playing at the lift landing, and isn't playing inside their house more comfortable, etc. Might find out something, or at least it's a hint to them!

Now just have to wait till they grow up out of it!!

I've called the police hotline, was told to call town council if want to complain about noise pollution. When I brought up about illegal gambling, he said that's the case if chips or money is used.

Well, I guess the opportunity to make a connection had been spoiled when TS did not return their greetings! [laugh] If there's a greeting, at least there's a chance to strike up conversation and ask why they happen to be playing at the lift landing, and isn't playing inside their house more comfortable, etc. Might find out something, or at least it's a hint to them!

Now just have to wait till they grow up out of it!!

Well perhaps you are right. It would be a more friendly way to solve the problem.

But my perception and understanding is different, based on my perception of this family and these kind of people. He just utter a greeting, not specifically at anyone. If I return the greeting, I'll look stupid coz he can then say he wasn't talking to me. If I don't return the greeting, he can take the chance to spew vulgarities. In short, he was looking for trouble, testing my limits. Perhaps he won't dare to do it if it was my brother, because these bullies are all cowards who need to boost their self-esteem. As we all kept quiet though we are not happy they play at lift landing and create noise, nobody did anything. I noticed that they are getting louder and louder, today they were yelling at the top of their voice while playing. And today they placed the table just outside one of the neighbour's door. Totally zero respect for others. Plus, they sit there topless, I don't see why I should even acknowledge them, when they have no respect for others.

A few years ago, this boy came to my unit and damaged my father's plant, plucked all the fruits and threw them on the floor, while my father was watching and asking him not to do so. When my father complained to the grandma, she just say she cannot do anything, didn't even apologize. After that the parents pull a long face when they see us. Several times this boy walked into our flat without being invited, nor given permission, while my father was attending to his plants outside. He walked around our flat, took away things from our flat. I'm sorry but I can't be bothered to talk to this kind of family, boy and company.

Turbocharged

I've called the police hotline, was told to call town council if want to complain about noise pollution. When I brought up about illegal gambling, he said that's the case if chips or money is used.

good job... teach them a lesson

as for the question of playing mahjong = illegal gambling, like i said it's a grey area...

at most the mata gives warning only

When they were playing mj, were they in school uniform? Would you be able to share which school they are in? If it is not possible here, send me a msg.

should tell the police you are not complaining about noise that handle by town council, you are concern that they maybe up to some criminal offenses or possible of fight -_-

Just call whatever authority straight lah... still need to ask for permission here... some ppl just deserved to be taught a lesson...

↡ Advertisement