How to get rid of ants in the house

Ace

Twincharged

how to use it? just leave it there in original form or need to crush it?

but 1 easy way to get rid of ants is to find their nest assuming it's not hidden in the cracks under your walls. i once found an ant nest in a cardboard box holding an unopened bottle of choya.

2 months ago I just destroyed a nest which was nesting in a cardboard box containing an unused plastic breadbox.

I just kept wondering where the ants were coming from and following the trail, I found the nest and took everything out from the cupboard and then cleaned the whole cupboard. btw, there was no food inside this cupboard.

using these 2

zero ants for the past 2 years

will use it in my new house too

after reno, my flat was pest free for almost 3 months ... not even ants ...

but sooner or later, they will appear.

now they keep appearing on my dining table although we don't keep food on the table. I used the lemongrass oil also no use. just can't find their nest.

↡ Advertisement

2 months ago I just destroyed a nest which was nesting in a cardboard box containing an unused plastic breadbox.

I just kept wondering where the ants were coming from and following the trail, I found the nest and took everything out from the cupboard and then cleaned the whole cupboard. btw, there was no food inside this cupboard.

now they keep appearing on my dining table although we don't keep food on the table. I used the lemongrass oil also no use. just can't find their nest.

just use the one i posted , let the ants eat then go back to their nest

very effective, but hearsay jamesc wants to add it into his mother inlaw coffee

Edited by Staff69

Twincharged

just use the one i posted , let the ants then go back to their nest

very effective, but hearsay jamesc wants to add it into his mother inlaw coffee

Turbocharged

alamak ... you so bad ... call his MIL an ant ??!!

same but different.

pesky and irritating and can never seem to fully eradicate.  :=B:

• Praise 1

Twincharged

same but different.

pesky and irritating and can never seem to fully eradicate.  :=B:

家有一老,如有一宝。 :XD:

Thats why you see the new houses like Kitchen is like a small pantry room 

Like that the kitchen can only used for showcase rather than for cooking...  [laugh]

but 1 easy way to get rid of ants is to find their nest assuming it's not hidden in the cracks under your walls. i once found an ant nest in a cardboard box holding an unopened bottle of choya.

I think most of the time the ants nest is hidden behind cabinet or in the cracks de. Thats why not easy to get rid of the ants nest.

Neutral Newbie

This works very well for me. Can buy from NTUC. [:)] eliminates fast and best if no dead bodies lying around. It's almost like they just vanish.

post-227042-0-98426400-1534389141_thumb.jpg

2 months ago I just destroyed a nest which was nesting in a cardboard box containing an unused plastic breadbox.

Many times it is not about whether there is food or not, maybe it is the smell in that area that attract ants.

This works very well for me. Can buy from NTUC. [:)] eliminates fast and best if no dead bodies lying around. It's almost like they just vanish.

attachicon.gif04d957c5e9f2f5bc5218a8824143fc7d.JPG

Never see this thing before, think i should go buy and try.

Neutral Newbie

Many times it is not about whether there is food or not, maybe it is the smell in that area that attract ants.

Never see this thing before, think i should go buy and try.

Works the same as ant bait. All ants disappeared within a day. I have rabbits at home and would attract ants from the fresh food or veggie and some treats. Didn't expect an army of ants to grow. So this come in real handy. 

Ant baits are only good to kill those already on the house. But if don't do preventive measures, they will be back in no time.

I recently had an ant problem, started with trails of ants in kitchen. Everyday wipe everyday also see ants. So followed the trails end up opened an unused kitchen cupboard found one whole army inside. Freaked us out! While clearing the nest, a lot of them escaped and entered into different places. Everyday still seeing ants, ended up called pest control. They came and put bait, but more ants found after a few days. Gave up, last resort use aerosol spray. We used Bio X, it's very effective, we sprayed wherever we see ants. And we also sprayed at entry points such as windows and main door.

After two weeks, ants were finally controlled. But we realised sometimes scout ants still roaming outside the windows. They are still trying to find a way in. So we religiously sprayed a perimeter every week now. Cleared, cross fingers.

My advice is, spray regularly at entry points such as windows and main door. Prevention is better than cure. If they cannot enter, you won't find them in your house for as long as you maintain the spraying. There's no free lunch in the world, if you don't want ants in the house, you cannot be lazy, have to make effort to spray and prevent. Just like SG defence, imagine our coastal guards just patrol only when see intruders then we are doomed. Must patrol everyday, every hour them can ensure totally defence.

I bought both...stick to put near entrance and exit then powder pump into the battalion area  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

If u see ants, observe their behaviour, it's quite easy to identify possible nesting sites for them. Very often is between the cabinets and the wall etc.

Use the terro ant killer i mentioned earlier, drop it where they congregate. If they finish it, drop a bit more. confirm within 3 days no more ants.

The only times it's tough is when once my wife said the ants refused the bait. But eventually some succumbed haha [laugh]

My wife is very particular with no ants in the house.

I bought the terro in ntuc. Last night put one drop near the hole in the wall where ants go in and out. They took it but today I still see ants walking. So i put another 2 drops, they walked past! What should I do now? Try another bait? Spray? Or just wait it out?

I bought the terro in ntuc. Last night put one drop near the hole in the wall where ants go in and out. They took it but today I still see ants walking. So i put another 2 drops, they walked past! What should I do now? Try another bait? Spray? Or just wait it out?

U can seal the hole like what others suggest.

The terro, when they are interested in teh bait it works great. But sometimes they have no interest. Sometimes have to place it at different places.

I tried the golden hammer gel, also no use now. They avoid. Looks like my last resort is spray.

did you try to put a "no entry" sign  :slow:

last time I wrote "salt" on my sugar jar and it works :yuush:  

• Praise 2