Msian driving Msia car in Msia using Spore license

Bluepica

For those Msian who have surrendered their Msian driving license to convert to Spore driving license, it is legal to drive Msia car back in Msia using ur Spore driving license?

↡ Advertisement

For those Msian who have surrendered their Msian driving license to convert to Spore driving license, it is legal to drive Msia car back in Msia using ur Spore driving license?

MYS need to be PR before they can convert to Sin D.L.

If that they are PR, they cannot drive MYS car to Sin in the first place.

Unless that they are vocation drivers (like egg delivery) which they can drive mys trucks in Singapore (with so many tom/dick/harry approval),

MYS need to be PR before they can convert to Sin D.L.

If that they are PR, they cannot drive MYS car to Sin in the first place.

Unless that they are vocation drivers (like egg delivery) which they can drive mys trucks in Singapore (with so many tom/dick/harry approval),

erh... I am asking driving Msia registered car "in Msia"....not in SG. :huh:

you want to know if a m'sian with SG converted license can drive SG car in m'sia???

or still can drive m'sia car in m'sia???

if latter, then ok..as long as your m'sia license still valid lor

Edited by Rncw

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

The answer is YES. Had checked with JPJ there before as MY recognize SG license. No problem and been doing that many years already.. ;-)

Should be able to drive around with a Msian car.

The rule Msian with SG licence are NOT allowed to drive a MSIA REG CAR TO SINGAPORE, same for Singaporeans as well....

So if i drive around should be okay mah... anyway i am a singaporean with singapore licence and i drive in msia with msia car :)

Its just like if I am a msian with SG licence, i take my licence and rent car in msia and drive... why cannot? At most if kenah caught and they want kopi money (even though got no wrong) I can tell them that its an emergency, I am rushing to the hospital to see someone now thats why i drive msia car...

My Msian friend is a SG PR and his a SG registered OPC Picanto... he kenah stopped by TP in msia before... they ask him how come he msia driving SG plate and holding SG licence, where he get from, according to their HQ its against the law and the fine is $2000 and ban from driving, have to attend court. He told them who is the boss and ask the boss to check, he has Singapore Licence and he owns a Singapore car, not msia car... then they terkan him for 20 mins, cannot get a dime and ask him to fudge off....

damn jialiat

Edited by Meganut

Nope. You can not use S'pore license to drive M'sian private car without a valid M'sian/International driving license. It is illegal but many do not know about it. But you can use any country driving license such as S'pore license to drive/rent a M'sian cars from car rental company. Versa Versi, a M'sian driving license can not drive a S'porean private car in M'sia/S'pore without S'pore/International driving license unless a rental car registered under the name. When come to insurance claim, it is out due to illegal case.

Edited by Beachboy7718

Nope. You can not use S'pore license to drive M'sian private car without a valid M'sian/International driving license. It is illegal but many do not know about it. But you can use any country driving license such as S'pore license to drive/rent a M'sian cars from car rental company. Versa Versi, a M'sian driving license can not drive a S'porean private car in M'sia/S'pore without S'pore/International driving license unless a rental car registered under the name. When come to insurance claim, it is out due to illegal case.

I just got a reply from JPJ, they said can....

Only applicable on malaysian:

SPR with SG license can drive SG car in SG

SPR with SG license can drive SG can in MY

SPR with SG license can drive MY car in MY

SPR with SG license cannot drive MY car in SG

*As long a SPR wanted to convert MY license to SG license, MY license must be cancelled before SG allow the convertion.

I think driving a Malaysian registered vehicle without a Malaysian driving license is not legal regardless a qualified driving license you possess from another country e.g. Singapore unless you have an International Driving Permit to complement your SG driving license.

Look at the following links in AA - IDP LIST

One sure way of not being hassled and/or hustled by MY Polis.

Have a nice day! [wave]

Only applicable on malaysian:

SPR with SG license can drive SG car in SG

SPR with SG license can drive SG can in MY

SPR with SG license can drive MY car in MY

SPR with SG license cannot drive MY car in SG

*As long a SPR wanted to convert MY license to SG license, MY license must be cancelled before SG allow the convertion.

Is there any link/ website to support your statement? Please share. Thanks. [thumbsup]

Is there any link/ website to support your statement? Please share. Thanks. [thumbsup]

im a Malaysian and kena stop many times before when drive my dad's car back home over the years and never once they question about my SG license when i show it to them but more like, ur tyre touch the double white line leh, u illegal u-turn leh, blablabla.......... [laugh]

if u want official statement from them on this, u go google for it lor... [laugh]

im a Malaysian and kena stop many times before when drive my dad's car back home over the years and never once they question about my SG license when i show it to them but more like, ur tyre touch the double white line leh, u illegal u-turn leh, blablabla.......... [laugh]

if u want official statement from them on this, u go google for it lor... [laugh]

Ok. Therefore, it is unofficial since there is no officially supporting document or link to certify your claim.

Hence, my statement: One sure way of not being hassled and/or hustled by MY Polis because it is all about legality and laws between Malaysia and Singapore are generally similar unless someone can point out that this is officially not so; insofar as the topic is concerned.

Print this letter and keep it in your car. [:)]

Tuan,

Dimaklumkan bahawa mengikut Seksyen 27(6) Akta pengangkutan Jalan (APJ) 1987 membawa maksud hanya satu (1) lesen memandu sahaja samada lesen memandu Malaysia atau Singapura boleh dipegang pada satu-satu masa oleh warganegara Malaysia atau Singapura. Oleh yang demikian, tuan boleh menggunakan lesen memandu Singapura apabila memandu di Malaysia dengan syarat lesen memandu Singapura masih sah berkuatkuasa dan sama taraf kelas dengannya.

Sekian terima kasih.

"MESRA,CEKAP,TELUS"

"BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA"

Rosmawati Mohamad

Ketua Pembantu Penguatkuasa

Bahagian Pelesenan Pemandu

Ibu Pejabat JPJ Malaysia

Tel : 03-88866560

Fax : 03-88889642

I just got a reply from JPJ, they said can....

You may take the risk. I read newspaper 1-2 year to clarify such incident. JPJ officer also tak boleh pakai one. It is common sense, why only SGD driving license can drive M'sia car? How about USA or Thailand? To be honest, any country driving license can not drive any private cars in other country unless a rental car from rental company.

Print this letter and keep it in your car. [:)]

Tuan,

Dimaklumkan bahawa mengikut Seksyen 27(6) Akta pengangkutan Jalan (APJ) 1987 membawa maksud hanya satu (1) lesen memandu sahaja samada lesen memandu Malaysia atau Singapura boleh dipegang pada satu-satu masa oleh warganegara Malaysia atau Singapura. Oleh yang demikian, tuan boleh menggunakan lesen memandu Singapura apabila memandu di Malaysia dengan syarat lesen memandu Singapura masih sah berkuatkuasa dan sama taraf kelas dengannya.

Sekian terima kasih.

"MESRA,CEKAP,TELUS"

"BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA"

Rosmawati Mohamad

Ketua Pembantu Penguatkuasa

Bahagian Pelesenan Pemandu

Ibu Pejabat JPJ Malaysia

Tel : 03-88866560

Fax : 03-88889642

This means only for those M'sians who converting M'sian license into SGD license can drive M'sia cars in M'sia. I hope TP knows about it or you may show him the letter to clarify Rosmawati.

http://www.aseansec.org/9874.htm

The Agreement on the Recognition of Domestic Driving Licences Issued by ASEAN countries was initialled by the 17th AEM and will subsequently be signed by the ASEAN Foreign Ministers. The Agreement once implemented would enable ASEAN nationals with valid domestic driving licence to drive in any ASEAN country without having to secure local driving licence. The Agreement was drafted essentially to encourage and promote intra-ASEAN tourism. The Agreement once implemented would also see the simultaneous implementation of a r) English Translation for Domestic Drivers' Licences.

↡ Advertisement