Msian driving Msia car in Msia using Spore license

Bluepica

Neutral Newbie

1- don't know... u have to check with the one working on the paperwork.. maybe the finance people if u are loaning?

2- sure can drive MY car with SG license..

3- if I'm not wrong, u have to go to SG TP hq to cancel and retrieve a letter, then go MY to get back you my license. ( similar to what u dud when converting to Sg license) .. best place to ask is tp hq and I'm sure it would be much easier to settle it before your re-entry permit expire....

really appreciate your helpful answer, will update after settled tomorrow :)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Become Singapore citizen....take singapore license... buy Malaysia car.....drive until you shiok in Malaysia.... . no issue...

true story dude....but im not gonna haha

Any bros/sis out there to help?

Urgent Questions:

1. can I registered a MY car while kena blacklisted, BUT having a Sg license

2. can I drive this/other MY car using my Sg license

3. If I were to renounce my SPR, I have to convert back to MY before the cancellation of the Sg license

This is mycarforum in singapore....not a lot of people will know about the details on your case....suggest u post it in some malaysian car forum, u prob get a better response.

Hmm, but I'm with Singapore license, go back KL and drive my family's car - cannot? Doesn't really make sense to me :(

Unless its something like with Singapore driving license I can't buy a car in Malaysia, then i understand. Cannot drive Malaysian car? Don't really get the logic..

Hmm, but I'm with Singapore license, go back KL and drive my family's car - cannot? Doesn't really make sense to me :(

Unless its something like with Singapore driving license I can't buy a car in Malaysia, then i understand. Cannot drive Malaysian car? Don't really get the logic..

Did u read from start or not? Already stated many times, can.. or are you just a troll. .. [sly]

Any bros/sis out there to help?

Urgent Questions:

3. If I were to renounce my SPR, I have to convert back to MY before the cancellation of the Sg license

My LOGICAL answer (disclaimer: It's logical, but may not be logical/applicable in your country).

Registration of vehicle got nothing to do with driving licence. You can have no licence, but still can buy cars as long as you're not driving it.

As long as your country recognise SG licence, why not. If scared, apply for international driving permit (as a "insurance"). If SG with SG licence can rent MY car to drive in MY, I see no reason otherwise.

If you have to go back for good, guess it's better to have MY driving licence.

singapore licence why cannot drive malaysia car in Malaysia? ....Of course can lah.....as long Malaysia recognise the licence, you can drive...just that you cannot drive a malaysia car using a singapore licence in Singapore....for buying car in malaysia...as long you got money....who cares....

Neutral Newbie

I had my MY licence converted to SG licence in 2008 and was surprised that i was still able to renew my MY licence for 5 years after that. However, I just tried to renew it for another 5 years online and found out that my MY licence has been blacklisted. Checking online, I got hold of the following info:

Under "Akta pengangkutan Jalan (APJ) 1987" Section 27(6); you will be disqualified from MY driving licence if you had received another licence in SG. (You can get a copy of the Act by just googling for it)

Worried that I would not be able to drive MY car back home I searched the web for an answer and found the following webpage on the recognition of foreign driving licence in malaysia:

http://www.jpj.gov.my/web/guest/pengiktira...du-negara-asing

Clearly stated that as long as your licence is still valid in singapore, you are allowed to use it in MY also. The use of International Driving Permit is optional.

About ownership of a MY registered private vehicle, noted that your driving licence is not a required document when applying for change of ownership. However, I have not went through the process myself so would appreciate if someone can verify this.

http://www.jpj.gov.my/web/guest/panduan-tu...secara-sukarela

FOR INFO ONLY.

Cheers!

Ok. Therefore, it is unofficial since there is no officially supporting document or link to certify your claim.

Hence, my statement: One sure way of not being hassled and/or hustled by MY Polis because it is all about legality and laws between Malaysia and Singapore are generally similar unless someone can point out that this is officially not so; insofar as the topic is concerned.

Brother you so kia si, I have one suggestion, just don't drive any car in MY. [laugh]

I've been driving MY car with SG license in MY very long liao, kena stop b4 too but they catch me for speeding not for me driving MY car with SG license.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Can. For Malaysian only, if they wish to convert their driving license to S'pore, they must cancel their MY license first before allow to convert SG license. According to Malaysia JPJ laws, a person (Malaysian) cannot hold up to 2 licenses. So after converted to SG license, Malaysian still can drive a MY car in Malaysian with a valid SG license. For those work permit holders, they still can drive their MY car into S'pore with SG license but SPR cannot drive MY car in Singapore.

Edited by Kkb719

i remember clearly the first thing a Singapore PR from Malaysia to apply for S'pore license is "one need to show a letter from JPJ that his Malaysian driving license has been cancelled."

Without that letter a M'sian Spore PR can't apply for Singapore driving licens.

But wat i also know is alot of Msian still own both S'pore and M'sian license.

How is it so when u already cancelled? re-apply i hv no idea.

Some say pass to agent to do it.... i hv no idea.

↡ Advertisement