How To Avoid Dementia.

2BDriver

(edited)

I wana lose 10 pounds as fast as possible, I have tried starving myself, and have basketball 1 a week, and swimming 2 times a week. still nothing is working. Does anyone have any ways i can lose weight???

...no magic formula..if you can put only a 3rd of what you usually put into your mouth for a month( u will get use to it after a few days)...you will see the changes. And also minimize  deep frying and bbq food. These other things also no good for our weight...pasta, white rice, noodle, desserts, sweet drinks and ice cream. 

Edited by Kezg1
↡ Advertisement

Healthily and safely. No, don't do that.

Volunteer or pay to join the obese bmt program. Double confirm its going to be more than ten kilograms. Not pounds.

Dementia thread?

Intelligent people with dementia are harder to diagnose as they use intelligence to mask the symptoms of dementia. Try getting them to count backwards from twenty smoothly without stops or breaks. Can trip the smart guys up.

Stay active go work be happy person. Do stuff such as building Gundams, furniture or YouTube videos how to install wheel spacers.

Cooking will do it for me.

I can count backward twenty to one smoothly without pause but sometime still forget what I have parked.

Hypersonic

Healthily and safely.  No, don't do that. 

Volunteer or pay to join the obese bmt program.  Double confirm its going to be more than ten kilograms.  Not pounds. 

Dementia thread? 

Intelligent people with dementia are harder to diagnose as they use intelligence to mask the symptoms of dementia.  Try getting them to count backwards from twenty smoothly without stops or breaks.  Can trip the smart guys up. 

Stay active go work be happy person.  Do stuff such as building Gundams,  furniture or YouTube videos how to install wheel spacers.

Cooking will do it for me. 

Long time no see. Glad you posted here. Deciphering what you are trying to say helps to keep the mind active.  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

I wana lose 10 pounds as fast as possible, I have tried starving myself, and have basketball 1 a week, and swimming 2 times a week. still nothing is working. Does anyone have any ways i can lose weight???

Firstly what is your weight? If you are under weight then it would be hard to lose 10 pounds.

Having said that there is one or two herbs you can eat to lose weight 

but I cannot remember what they are.

:D  

• Praise 1

that's easy lah for our age.

Assign  a 3 random item/4 digit series recall test, then perform serial 7 counting down 100 -> 97 -> 86 etc

then when u done, then recall the 3 items or 4 digit 

Have you made an error there?

Hypersonic

A doctor was telling me the 3 foods to eat for good memory.

I will share with everyone once I can remember all 3.

• Praise 2

A doctor was telling me the 3 foods to eat for good memory.

I will share with everyone once I can remember all 3.

A doctor once told me what I’d need daily for vital good memory.

I will share with everyone once I can remember whether he said it’s vital to have two daily cups of vitamin D or for vitality, it’s vital to enjoy two D cups daily.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

I can count backward twenty to one smoothly without pause but sometime still forget what I have parked. ð

that only happens when you park in Geylang
  • Praise 1

Sorry, I know this post is about how to avoid dementia, but anyone here knows where to find people who are experienced in taking care of people who Already have dementia. It seems that the only way is to send them to a daycare centre which probably cost a lot (at least it's a lot for people with low income like me). I mean if there are any other options i can consider it would meant a lot. Tenks

Sorry, I know this post is about how to avoid dementia, but anyone here knows where to find people who are experienced in taking care of people who Already have dementia. It seems that the only way is to send them to a daycare centre which probably cost a lot (at least it's a lot for people with low income like me). I mean if there are any other options i can consider it would meant a lot. Tenks

Nursing Homes usually have wards for dementia patients and these are separate from normal wards.

I'm not recommending a Nursing Home though, although if you are of limited means there is a big Gov subsidy, because the nursing staff imo are not knowledgeable and not very caring.

The other really strange thing about Nursing Homes is that they will not let you inspect the facilities or talk to staff, check out the food etc before you have actually placed someone at that home.  Which is then too late imo.

Edited by Neutrino

go to this website

http://www.pcf.org.sg/SENIOR-CARE-SERVICES/Content

if you have problems paying, speak to the MP. but you must be a singaporean

not the best but minimum standards are there

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 5

Nursing Homes usually have wards for dementia patients and these are separate from normal wards.

I'm not recommending a Nursing Home though, although if you are of limited means there is a big Gov subsidy, because the nursing staff imo are not knowledgeable and not very caring.

The other really strange thing about Nursing Homes is that they will not let you inspect the facilities or talk to staff, check out the food etc before you have actually placed someone at that home. Which is then too late imo.

The nursing home that i used to put my late mum at, let us tour the place before signing the papers.

↡ Advertisement