Singapore Hotel: Swissotel versus Fairmont

Scb11980

anybody have overseas friends staying in these hotel before

which is better for the family

your advice highly appreciated

i have never stayed in any Singapore hotel so dont know how to advice

thanks

↡ Advertisement

both also located at raffles city shopping centre...used to be called royal plaza if i am not wrong...stayed in both before. Swisshotel has better view IMO. both are actually pretty good.

both also located at raffles city shopping centre...used to be called royal plaza if i am not wrong...stayed in both before. Swisshotel has better view IMO. both are actually pretty good.

thank you

which did you like more and do you have a specific reason

thanks

personally i prefer swissotel for the views....if you are planning to stay there, dun forget to go up to the asia bar (or other names, forgotten) at the top of the hotel for some drinks...pretty cool place.

Supercharged

the taller one used be known as westin stamford that caters to tourist, airline whereas the shorter one for business. last time, plaza used to be more expensive than stamford but view wise go for the taller. amenities r shared so no diff.

(edited)

Hello,

I want to ask about hotel in singapore.

I will be coming to singapore next two weeks and wanted to know which hotel is best for a location near shopping and to visit the merlion and Santosha?

I found Orchard Parksuites Singapore HK$2,470

and Grand Park Orchard HK$1,468

Thanks

Gi

Both hotels are near to each other in the shopping belt of Orchard Road.....so no diff in distance to Merlion and Sentosa...... -_-

Edited by WTF

personally i prefer swissotel for the views....if you are planning to stay there, dun forget to go up to the asia bar (or other names, forgotten) at the top of the hotel for some drinks...pretty cool place.

Yea, used to stay in Swissotel <Once nia, dk for what reason, i think is i win a lucky draw or smth latdat, most likely is Co.'s DnD if not wrong> I think the bar is called City Space? [:)]

Accor to buy owner of Swissotel, Fairmont, Raffles Hotel in S$4.1b deal
Posted 10 Dec 2015 10:10 Updated 10 Dec 2015 10:47

file-photo-raffles-hotel.jpg
FRHI Holdings has 155 hotels and resorts, and includes three global luxury hotel brands: Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel. The portfolio includes Raffles Hotel and Swissotel The Stamford in Singapore, and The Savoy in London.

SINGAPORE: Europe's largest hotel operator, Accor, has agreed to a deal to buy FRHI Holdings - the company that owns hotel brands Fairmont, Swissotel and Raffles - in a deal worth about US$2.9 billion (S$4.1 billion) in cash and shares.

FRHI is jointly owned by the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), Kingdom Holding Company of Saudi Arabia and Oxford Properties, the real estate division of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System.

Paris-based Accor will pay US$840 million in cash for the deal, and issue 46.7 million Accor shares via a reserved capital increase, subject to the approval of shareholders at an extraordinary shareholders’ meeting. The transaction is also subject to regulatory approval by antitrust authorities, said Accor in a press release on Dec 9 (Wednesday).

QIA and Kingdom Holding will each retain minority stakes and have representatives on Accor's board of directors.

FRHI includes three global luxury hotel brands: Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel. It has 155 hotels and resorts - of which 40 are under development - and more than 56,000 rooms, about 13,000 of which are under development. Its portfolio includes Raffles Singapore, The Savoy in London, Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel, The Plaza Hotel in New York, Le Royal Monceau - Raffles Paris, and Swissôtel The Stamford in Singapore.

FRHI has more than 45,000 employees under its brands, which span 34 countries in five continents.

Accor said it aims to generate around €65 million (S$100 million) in revenue and cost synergies from the combination of brands, the maximisation of hotel earnings, the increased efficiency of marketing, sales and distribution channel initiatives, and the optimisation of support costs. "Significant improvements" will also be made in terms of customer data, said Accor, with the integration of a customer base including 3 million loyalty members, 75 per cent of whom are in North America.

“This is an outstanding opportunity to add three prestigious brands – Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel – to our portfolio, and a great step forward for AccorHotels. It offers us robust and global leadership in luxury hotels, a key segment in terms of geographic reach, growth potential and profitability, for long term value creation," said Accor Chairman and Chief Executive Sebastien Bazin.

Mr Robert McIntosh, executive director for CBRE Hotels Asia-Pacific, described the deal as a "good match" that will enable Accor to raise its profile in the luxury segment.

"Accor have been trying to develop their luxury products, but they didn't have enough. With the inclusion of Raffles, this will position them well in the five-star market," he told Channel NewsAsia in a telephone interview.

On the other hand, he added, Fairmont does not have a big global footprint. "Being part of Accor will give them additional access to other developments and opportunities," he said.

The deal comes on the back of Marriott International's US$12 billion takeover of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide last month. The new wave of acquisitions in the sector reflects plans for global expansion among hoteliers, according to Mr McIntosh.

"It is a way of expanding presence globally and quickly to capture opportunities in the market."

- CNA/es