Unusual or Rare Cars

Theoldjaffa

Grandfather of compact SUV, 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero iO.

NGbBvCU.jpg

6WsXDg6.jpg

eXgQ1Eq.jpg

Call me old school but this is how a SUV should look like. Modern SUV are more of hatchback on high heels, IMHO.

• Praise 8

(edited)

Grandfather of compact SUV, 1999 Mitsubishi Pajero iO.

NGbBvCU.jpg

6WsXDg6.jpg

eXgQ1Eq.jpg

Call me old school but this is how a SUV should look like. Modern SUV are more of hatchback on high heels, IMHO.

That's what I always tell my wife. Esp thise premium brands SUVs. Horrendous looking. Hatchbacks on stilts! Hahaha

Now, this SUV is muscular and purposeful! Endorsed by Jackie Chan too! Heh heh

Also, the Pajeros had an illustrious history at the Paris-Dakar rally.

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 4

That's what I always tell my wife. Esp thise premium brands SUVs. Horrendous looking. Hatchbacks on stilts! Hahaha

Now, this SUV is muscular and purposeful! Endorsed by Jackie Chan too! Heh heh

Also, the Pajeros had an illustrious history at the Paris-Dakar rally.

Not these Pajeros.... This is the small wanker

Turbocharged

For a moment, I thought Jay Chou came to Singapore and had a cup of coffee at Clementi.

Classic licence plate.

post-17532-0-87833300-1552370359_thumb.jpg

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 8

This is getting rare... Spotted at Loyang besar

Nearly bought a YRV Turbo in 2005, the salesman managed to dissuade me from buying one with his bad attitude and nonchalance. I walked out from the Kallang showroom with chequebook in hand, so disappointed.  [bigcry]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Nearly bought a YRV Turbo in 2005, the salesman managed to dissuade me from buying one with his bad attitude and nonchalance. I walked out from the Kallang showroom with chequebook in hand, so disappointed. [bigcry]

I recall the YRV turbo went hand to head with the Swift sport in sales during those says.

The YRV turbo was quicker but marred by the non tiptronic auto gear and so so handling. The Swift Sport wins in handling and looks.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

I recall the YRV turbo went hand to head with the Swift sport in sales during those says.

The YRV turbo was quicker but marred by the non tiptronic auto gear and so so handling. The Swift Sport wins in handling and looks.

In those days it was the Ignis Sport. 

I considered that too, it had nice Recaro seats, great gear change and handling, but the performance was not exciting enough and the 3-door body shell was not as practical as the 5-door YRV. 

The YRV Turbo was quicker, quieter, smoother and the 4-speed autobox can be controlled by buttons on the steering wheel if desired. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

Lucky I didn't buy, must thank that salesman for turning me off!

I wanted buy. no money. Else chut Elford liao.

daihatsu-yrv-elford_01.jpg

c6075gw12_2.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement