Advise on Coilover

Wabbit

Neutral Newbie

Anybody can give some tips on coilover? scouting around for coil & notice there's this brand DG* previously sold at $1,600 but recently price drop a fair bit. Fren of mine gotten it for $750 last week as vendor claimed clearing stock.
Seem good price, anybody able to advise as the drop in price seem a telltale sign in QC. Thx smile.gif

↡ Advertisement

:D any kind bros can give some advise??

D2 coilovers are made in Taiwan. Stiff even at its comfort setting as from some review in other car clubs/forums.

You can do a search in this forum for more information. If I remember correctly, someone did a review of this brand of coilover some years back. :D

Neutral Newbie

Bro can let me know where's the place that is selling D2 @ $750? Very good price! [thumbsup]

Bro, not D2 lei. It's DG*. Selling in here in the forum. Got 2 vendors selling @ 900+ but i think my friend gotten from 1 who is clearing stock coz claimed that they not selling the brand anymore after that. That is why gotten it at cost or below cost...it's from taiwan also :D :D

Neutral Newbie

D2 coilovers are made in Taiwan. Stiff even at its comfort setting as from some review in other car clubs/forums.

You can do a search in this forum for more information. If I remember correctly, someone did a review of this brand of coilover some years back. :D

Thx lots bro for ya kind advise.....will google & see can read anything boh :D :D

Bro, not D2 lei. It's DG*. Selling in here in the forum. Got 2 vendors selling @ 900+ but i think my friend gotten from 1 who is clearing stock coz claimed that they not selling the brand anymore after that. That is why gotten it at cost or below cost...it's from taiwan also :D :D

Bro is there any workshop can service this DG Coil?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I think price should not be the major consideration when purchasing coilovers.

Consider the following:

- Price of overhaul if need to replace parts?

- Warranty?

- Why do you want a coilover? (i.e. Better cornering , Lower ride height )

- Rubber mount or Pillowmount ?

- Are you comfortable with the workshop??

Currently on BC. Bought for 1250 inclusive of alignment, previously used D2. Like what one of our bros mentioned. VERY hard.

I chose BC because of the warranty of 1 yr, about 200 if need to replace part per coilover, rubber mount and I wanted better handling.

just 2 cts worth.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Bro is there any workshop can service this DG Coil?

Myself is looking for coilover but given that kinda price which my friend said, kinda wonder bout quality lor. Unlikely to take the risk lah. Price similar to stock absorders <_<

Neutral Newbie

i would like to know about this coilover as well... [:)] price $900++ for c n c seems ok..

Yeah but from initial 1.6K drop to 900+ then last week friend gotten @ 750. too drastic drop seem a little scary. Make me wonder if there is a problem am also thinking why vendor clear stock & drop the brand they are selling. mmmmm [confused]

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Consider the following:

- Warranty?

Currently on BC. Bought for 1250 inclusive of alignment, previously used D2. Like what one of our bros mentioned. VERY hard.

I chose BC because of the warranty of 1 yr, about 200 if need to replace part per coilover, rubber mount and I wanted better handling.

just 2 cts worth.

Cheers

Think for what u paid for is quite the norm rather than what my friend paid for, too low alittle worried

Thx bro for sharing..Cheers

Hi,

Consider the following:

- Warranty?

just 2 cts worth.

Cheers

yea..thank you bro for sharing..my concern will be comfort and looks rather than performance..how is bc coil's comfort? i was considering that as well..i am driving a vios btw..thanks.. [:)]

Why do ppl use coilover?

It's aint cheap to spend money like that...... And coilover is not even long lasting.....

Depends la. All shock absorbers are advised to change or replace either at 2 year interval or 80,000 km mileage, whichever is earlier. This is be it stock suspension or coilovers or aftermarket shocks.

Yeah but from initial 1.6K drop to 900+ then last week friend gotten @ 750. too drastic drop seem a little scary. Make me wonder if there is a problem am also thinking why vendor clear stock & drop the brand they are selling. mmmmm [confused]

You may wish to consider investing more money in a reputable brand like Bilstein, KW etc.

yea..thank you bro for sharing..my concern will be comfort and looks rather than performance..how is bc coil's comfort? i was considering that as well..i am driving a vios btw..thanks.. [:)]

I was on bc coils BC V1. Height and damper adjustable. Enjoyed it for 2 good years without any problems, issues or funny noise. Installation by a mechanic familiar with your car model is very important.

In my opinion, if your concern is comfort, then stay stock. Once you are on coilovers, it will not reach the kind of comfortable setting as stock. The comfort setting in a coilover can never be the same as the original or stock suspension.

↡ Advertisement