Iphone car charger

Rollagt

Hello to all iPhone users,

Bought a car charger at 19 bucks 5 mths ago.

Yesterday while driving, sizzling sound heard from the adaptor and fearing of screwing up the car socket and electrical system..quickly disconnect and dare not use it again.

Went to Apple shop to source for a new one but can only see some other brand like Belkin and Griffin..both cost ard $40+

Any good recommendation ?

Edited by Rollagt
↡ Advertisement

I got mine @ S$ 2 (Two dollars BUT now online someone selling same unit S$ 4/- pc; Made in China with "CE" marked so it's OK) of which was an cigarette point connectioon type c/with single USB port and use the after market iPhoe cables purchased from "Taiso" & work well for myself the last 2 years till date.

Edited by Jefkking

Neutral Newbie

Hello to all iPhone users,

Bought a car charger at 19 bucks 5 mths ago.

Yesterday while driving, sizzling sound heard from the adaptor and fearing of screwing up the car socket and electrical system..quickly disconnect and dare not use it again.

Went to Apple shop to source for a new one but can only see some other brand like Belkin and Griffin..both cost ard $40+

Any good recommendation ?

belkin is [thumbsup] ...but local shops selling at such prices($40-$50)...if u ever visit m'sia...try go holiday plaza n source for it(but many shops dun hv it)..still i manage to get it at one of the shop on 1st floor(may not b reali orginial altot it come wit belkin packing)..i got a "nokia" hp stand oso...cost me RM$30 for both items... [rolleyes]

I got mine @ S$ 2 (Two dollars BUT now online someone selling same unit S$ 4/- pc; Made in China with "CE" marked so it's OK) of which was an cigarette point connectioon type c/with single USB port and use the after market iPhoe cables purchased from "Taiso" & work well for myself the last 2 years till date.

Think it has been mentioned before .

"C E" (with a space) is for conformance to Euro Standard - the real deal

Most cheap M.I.C stuff are printed with "CE" (no space) .... fake ... even suspect to mean "China Export"

Google it.

I first came to know this when my European counterpart drop a mail to warn us......

Go gmarket or dealextreme.

I buy my electronic stuff from these two website nowadays.

Cheaper and deliver straight to your doorstep, at times much cheaper than local.

The only down is wait two weeks for it to come.

↡ Advertisement