Hyundai Avante 1.6A Maintenance Cost

BengGaBoy

Neutral Newbie

Yes, it is a good workhorse. I clocked close to 300,000km and disposed it at 8.5years. Items I have changed/replaced include:

1. All ABS sensors, one on each wheel

2. Overhaul of gearbox

3. Fuel pump

4. Alternating coil

5. Engine mounting

6. Aircon blower

7. Stabilizer link bushing

8. Suspension shock absorber

Aircon did not fail as I service it every year. All my servicings were done in JB at Skulai, Hyundai Authorized Dealer. All parts were purchased from Song Yi.

Hello, care to share what service have u done at Hyundai Authorized Dealer at JB at Skulai so far? Me interested..

My ride is almost 10 years, 6 more months to go. OPC bought 2nd hand milage now 75k nia, so far so good. Thinking of getting the car inspected before renew COE, esp the electronic and indicator lights etc.

↡ Advertisement

Hi. Just gotten a second hand 9yo avante s model(2009)

I found out that when I turn my steering wheel, it will produce a noise like your tyre losing grip on those multi storey carpark kind of noise.

Any idea?

Hi. Just gotten a second hand 9yo avante s model(2009)

I found out that when I turn my steering wheel, it will produce a noise like your tyre losing grip on those multi storey carpark kind of noise.

Any idea?

You get that sound while in the multi-storey car park or on the tarmac? If on the tarmac, it means your steering shaft bearings are worn, need to change... get it done outside, much cheaper...

You get that sound while in the multi-storey car park or on the tarmac? If on the tarmac, it means your steering shaft bearings are worn, need to change... get it done outside, much cheaper...

On all surfaces. At first i thot is tyre then my friend sit beside me and notice it as well kinda confirm its the steering wheel. Any idea the damages it will cost? $200?

On all surfaces. At first i thot is tyre then my friend sit beside me and notice it as well kinda confirm its the steering wheel. Any idea the damages it will cost? $200?

Avante is known for the steering bushing wear. Probably that could be the caused. Symptoms? Steering will have "clock clock sound", severe cases will be slightly play before resistance is felt. The bushing is a small star shape like, located around the steering motor location. Repair cost is around $300.

(edited)

https://imgur.com/gallery/RBc8Hw3

Hi al, the above broke off somewhere from my brake pedal area. Now my brake light cannot be off even when engine is turned off. How ah?

I took off my battery, scare will go flat tomorrow morning.

Edited by jayz89

https://imgur.com/gallery/RBc8Hw3

Hi al, the above broke off somewhere from my brake pedal area. Now my brake light cannot be off even when engine is turned off. How ah?

the plastic stopper at brake pedal that touch the brake switch ON Off is crack and loose already.

use some paper and tape it at the plastic stopper position as temporary then get it replace.

if changing ride soon u can use above method till change ride.

the plastic stopper at brake pedal that touch the brake switch ON Off is crack and loose already.

use some paper and tape it at the plastic stopper position as temporary then get it replace.

if changing ride soon u can use above method till change ride.

I dont know where is the position it should be.. 

I crawl under but couldnt find any suitable place where it should be at?

you will see a switch.. the switch is having of push button type with spring return action...

epost-135813-0-11603300-1530889738_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just gotten my 9yr old avante, looking to renew coe. 2 questions:

1. Is there an OBD port in the car? Opened up the fuse box but couldn't locate it. My previous picanto had one, so kinda weird if the avante doesn't. Wanna connect some gauges that show batt voltage, coolant temp etc.

2.Anyone have owner's manual, or at least know of any online manual? Tried searching but to no avail...

Hi guys, just gotten my 9yr old avante, looking to renew coe. 2 questions:

1. Is there an OBD port in the car? Opened up the fuse box but couldn't locate it. My previous picanto had one, so kinda weird if the avante doesn't. Wanna connect some gauges that show batt voltage, coolant temp etc.

2.Anyone have owner's manual, or at least know of any online manual? Tried searching but to no avail...

Inside the cabin, check the right hand side under the steering wheel... I think that's the standard location for Hyundai cars...

hi, comtemplating between toyota vio G 08 and hyundai avante 09, which one will you guys suggest? 

and also is there any hyundai avante around year 08-09 that have those folding mirrors where you press one button and it will auto fold.

hi, comtemplating between toyota vio G 08 and hyundai avante 09, which one will you guys suggest?

and also is there any hyundai avante around year 08-09 that have those folding mirrors where you press one button and it will auto fold.

The Avante is significantly larger... if that matters to you then go for it... if you buy the tail end 09 models should and higher trim models then should have...

my 2nd car 09 avante has the folding mirrors like you mentioned. But my friend's same 09 S model dont hv it. 

IDK why

(edited)

my 2nd car 09 avante has the folding mirrors like you mentioned. But my friend's same 09 S model dont hv it. 

IDK why

ya loh thats what im puzzling about, i mean it's not a must to have it, but its good to have

im planning to purchase a 9yrs+ avante to renew coe, have not drive hyundai cars before. what do you guys think? is it good to do it?

Edited by KennyOng_170406

(edited)

IDK why

All Avantes came in without side folding mirror feature. This feature is locally fitted item.

ya loh thats what im puzzling about, i mean it's not a must to have it, but its good to have

im planning to purchase a 9yrs+ avante to renew coe, have not drive hyundai cars before. what do you guys think? is it good to do it?

As with any second hand cars, regardless of makes, there are always risk of unknown and hidden wear and tear items and condition. Because the next buyer wouldn't know how the car was driven and how it was taken care of by previous owner/owners. Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement