Merging MP4 Videos

BoneStock

Hi folks,

we sometimes watch movies or internet tv with funshion and usually it automatically stores the mp4 files on the local harddisks. If there are interesting shows, I will like to transfer the files to my mom's dvd player for her to watch. Her dvd player can accept mp4 files with the USB input. Her home has no internet at all so this is the only way to "share" with her.

One problem we encounter is that the mp4 videos from funshion are usually broken into several files. e.g. a 600MB video may be splitted into 3 mp4 files. When playing on my mom's dvd player, she has to select individual files one at a time as the previous one finishes playing. This is very inconvenient...almost like changing VCDs when they were still around 20 years ago.

I am trying to merge the mp4 files into a single video file before I pass to her. Can you recommend any free sw that is able to do this quickly? The video and sound quality can remain unchanged, I just want the files to merge into one.

I tried several sw from download.com and most of them don't work well e.g. took >1 hr to do a 600MB video, corrupted files, etc. One sw that I tried called "YAMB" was the fastest. It took less than 5 mins. However, when opening the video....all 3 parts opened at once. :wacko:

↡ Advertisement

Will renaming the individual files in sequential manner work?

Ok..perhaps after renaming it...then burn it into a DVD disc.

Since most DVD players will auto attomatically play one files after another froma disc. My LG DVD player does it when I watch tvserial on disc.

Burning to disc is easier to try to merge And recode the files.

Edited by SimonTan

my recommendation is don't focus on merging the media files as it is time consuming and sometimes you may encounter video out of sync with audio issue.

change your mom's player to cheapo china brand player which can play many formats and play all files automatically.

Sometimes I saw SLS Bizgram is selling the media player for $38 during promotion.

Hi folks,

we sometimes watch movies or internet tv with funshion and usually it automatically stores the mp4 files on the local harddisks. If there are interesting shows, I will like to transfer the files to my mom's dvd player for her to watch. Her dvd player can accept mp4 files with the USB input. Her home has no internet at all so this is the only way to "share" with her.

One problem we encounter is that the mp4 videos from funshion are usually broken into several files. e.g. a 600MB video may be splitted into 3 mp4 files. When playing on my mom's dvd player, she has to select individual files one at a time as the previous one finishes playing. This is very inconvenient...almost like changing VCDs when they were still around 20 years ago.

I am trying to merge the mp4 files into a single video file before I pass to her. Can you recommend any free sw that is able to do this quickly? The video and sound quality can remain unchanged, I just want the files to merge into one.

I tried several sw from download.com and most of them don't work well e.g. took >1 hr to do a 600MB video, corrupted files, etc. One sw that I tried called "YAMB" was the fastest. It took less than 5 mins. However, when opening the video....all 3 parts opened at once. :wacko:

Either get a cheap media player which will play file after file. Or use WinAVI to do it. Can convert to other formats too or to DVD format and burn it.

my recommendation is don't focus on merging the media files as it is time consuming and sometimes you may encounter video out of sync with audio issue.

change your mom's player to cheapo china brand player which can play many formats and play all files automatically.

Sometimes I saw SLS Bizgram is selling the media player for $38 during promotion.

I see. Yes, the merging seems to take forever even for a small video.

Will renaming the individual files in sequential manner work?

Ok..perhaps after renaming it...then burn it into a DVD disc.

Since most DVD players will auto attomatically play one files after another froma disc. My LG DVD player does it when I watch tvserial on disc.

Burning to disc is easier to try to merge And recode the files.

yes, I rename it under video1, video2, video3 still cannot. Burning into DVDRW is one option but it also takes time and need to get the blank DVDs. So if usb works is the best. Anyway, thanks for your advice :)

Either get a cheap media player which will play file after file. Or use WinAVI to do it. Can convert to other formats too or to DVD format and burn it.

ok thanks for the information. i will also try to rename the files differently to try again and if the media player is indeed so cheap i may also consider getting one.

An easy way to merge mp4 videos is to use Joyoshare Video Joiner, which can combine media files without re-encoding at export the files at 60X faster speed. 

↡ Advertisement