How Women & Men Spend Time Online

Picnic06-Biante15

Yahoo reports: Women connect with friends, men share opinions - gender differences online

Differences between the genders may be just as pronounced online as some say they are in the real world, according to a presentation given by Helen Nowicka from research company Porter Novelli as part of London's Social Media Week.

Nowicka gave a presentation titled "Men are from Foursquare, Women are from Facebook"; the report was also published on February 14 on the Porter Novelli blog.

The report found several key differences in online social interactions between men and women. According to the report, while both genders are highly engaged in social media, women use it as a platform to "reinforce existing social connections" and "interact with friends and family"; men on the other hand are more likely to use it to share statuses and promote their opinions.

Additionally women are more active on social networks than men, with 65 percent accessing social media "at least once a week," compared to only 51 percent of men.

Women were also more likely to connect with people they know, with 93 percent using social media to read posts or view pictures and comment on a friend's profile; according to the report, 89 percent of men read friends posts and 84 percent comment on friends' profiles.

The idea that men are more likely to use social media to broadcast opinions, according to the report, is reflected by a higher percent of male than female Twitter users -- 35 percent to 27 percent.

Men are also more likely to be active on blogs; with more men (34 percent) than women (24 percent) actively blogging and more men (54 percent) than women (46 percent) seeking out other people's blogs to read.

According to data from Experian Hitwise, Facebook, the world's largest social network, is more popular among women than men, with 57 percent of its traffic over the three months prior to February stemming from female users.

hmmmmm............... no wonder more males in MCF then females.... [:p]

quote : "men on the other hand are more likely to use it to share statuses and promote their opinions"...... sound familiar. [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Need to do a research on this meh?

Didn't I gave this observation to throttle some time back about women hooking up in facebook and other social platforms while men talk c--k on forums?

hahahaha... [laugh]

Need to do a research on this meh?

Didn't I gave this observation to throttle some time back about women hooking up in facebook and other social platforms while men talk c--k on forums?

hahahaha... [laugh]

you and Helen Nowicka (one doing research) got special connection .... [sly]

or she is doing a research on you.... :wub:

Neutral Newbie

you and Helen Nowicka (one doing research) got special connection .... [sly]

or she is doing a research on you.... :wub:

Sorry, she is not my type and am sure she can find better ones than I. :D

i spent most of my online time doing QQ...with PRC mei mei...those not pretty ones i dun even reply...some pretty ones show me their cheesepies, some show neh neh poks... i also spent most time watching online movies...and PRC TV programs from various provinces...other than that, post in mcf

i spent most of my online time doing QQ...with PRC mei mei...those not pretty ones i dun even reply...some pretty ones show me their cheesepies, some show neh neh poks... i also spent most time watching online movies...and PRC TV programs from various provinces...other than that, post in mcf

whenever i see ur avatar i feel like doing a boob job! [laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I thought men go online to find more friends with benefits.

:D

Definitely need those to satisfy the women wanting to get hooked on facebook (adult friendster and mor upclass adult-finder)... hahahaha...

The bulk of the men likely talk c--k on forums and when they have an urge to satisfy they get it from wife, gf or commerical. [laugh]

Who is this Sabbie as many people keep on mentioning his name and confuse me. Thanks.

there a a few legends in mcf for the wrong reasons....there are (in order of fame DK, Sabbie, Ahgongwolve and Richmanson..... etc)

There are untouchables (this one u got to learn the more u surf)..maybe others can shed more lights! [shocked]

there a a few legends in mcf for the wrong reasons....there are (in order of fame DK, Sabbie, Ahgongwolve and Richmanson..... etc)

There are untouchables (this one u got to learn the more u surf)..maybe others can shed more lights! [shocked]

Thanks for enlightening me, I will try my best not to follow in their footsteps if they are such bad people

Thanks for enlightening me, I will try my best not to follow in their footsteps if they are such bad people

it is very difficult to skip interested topics hor! :blink:

hahaha....i said legend not bad hats lar! but u sure sound like sabbie [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement