ALL consolidated SMRT/NEL/KT.. simisai BREAKDOWNS here!

New_Atlantis

Singaporeans that complain about being packed like sardines every morning should be grateful that our MRT system is maintained at high standards.

Delays and frequent break downs are safety measures, designed into our MRT to avoid overstressing the trains.

Sincerely

Future MRT CEO (hopefully)

more links

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=337_1329926091

--------------------------------------------------------------

You, obviously, compare our MRT system with the worst in the world. You, most definitely, have class. And it's all LOW. A smarter person would compare with the BETTER, not the WORSE.

• Praise 1

HUAT AH!!!!

HUAT AH for the MRT builder.

The MRT builder is thinking of this " The more sardine the better so that there will be more damage and over load for the MRT. Then the Sinkies Garmen LL have to buy spare part and repair the train.

By the way, when i was young, I see on the buses that there is a limit on the number of passengers allowed on the bus like 1 driver, 40 seated passager and 30 standing passenger.

It seem like this is no longer applicable for the buses right? How about the train? any loading limit??

Singaporeans that complain about being packed like sardines every morning should be grateful that our MRT system is maintained at high standards.

Delays and frequent break downs are safety measures, designed into our MRT to avoid overstressing the trains.

Sincerely

more links

You may be aware that our trains have minimium casualties accidents with the maximium speed seldom reached due to distances between stations, overweight trains, cable ties... Do feel free to compare on fairer basis. [:p]

• Praise 1

High standards at maintenance which resulted in frequent breakdowns and delays? Hmm. That's something new. [crazy]

I used to be believe that our MRT is first class UNTIL the overcrowding and frequent breakdown began. That belief is now history. More so when I look at the way SG is being governed today. Guess, we will just have to continue aiming at each GE to hope for a renewal for the better.

Have a nice day! [wave]

So sorry, To my knowledge, the trains breakdowns are due mainly to design flaws and purchase management, nothing to do with maintenance [shakehead] . Example: trains totalled weight 320 tonnes purchased and allowed onto track designed for 220 tonnes trains, got nothing to do with maintenance. Latest: rail clip dislodged (could be due to vibrations from over-weight trains used) [shakehead]

Sincerely

more links

Do you meant trains we bought are surplus stock (failed quality control) [lipsrsealed]

Singapore public transport operators who have always claimed that their services are of world class standards should be grateful for the fact that no true competition exists between public transport operators in the city state.

Thus, as a measure and precaution to increase the standards provided, it is recommended that fares increments are to be frozen until real improvements are realised. Such a measure is in place to avoid distressing the commuters.

Sincerely

The True Singapore Citizen

I believe with mis-management, they go bust first before they can solve the numerous issues. [lipsrsealed]

Hold the horse please. As residents/citizens in first world LITTLE RED DOT, we need to remember our root as 3rd world people in the past, trains breakdowns are useful practical reminders!!?

You mean MRT=Must Recall/Remember Troubles? [confused]

IIRC, they ditched their made in Germany maintenance locomotive to made in China maintenance locomotive and claimed lotsa cost savings and less maintenance wor.

The old trains were from Kawasaki Japan, newest ones most likely is MIC.

Perhaps we should make them ourselves? But then can not worship foreigners after that. How? [:p]

By the way, when i was young, I see on the buses that there is a limit on the number of passengers allowed on the bus like 1 driver, 40 seated passager and 30 standing passenger.

It seem like this is no longer applicable for the buses right? How about the train? any loading limit??

Trains breakdowns when reached the limit [:p]

You mean MRT=Must Recall/Remember Troubles? [confused]

yes, yes.... this is a good tag-line!!! can i borrow your copyright? :D

if not, i will use MRT = Must Remember+Repeat Troubles :D

i also remember these figures painted on the buses.... but nowadays govt talks about free-market / market forces etc..... so if the passengers use force to get into a sardine-packed train, like a 38 busts fitting into a 32 bras, the aim to let market force decide things is achieved... SMRT/LTA are just following govt's instruction

↡ Advertisement