• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
178 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Mazdacar
  • Premium member
    Mazdacar
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

sorry to dig up old thread.

I am sending my car for inspection tmr. My alignment is slightly off even after I done computerize alignment. Mechanic told me bcs one of my shock is slightly worn out. Unable to alignment the steering perfectly.

Anyone can advice if i will pass the side slip inspection in this case. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Mazdacar, 24 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Side slip testing is to determine how much the car move side way - in tech term it is call tracking. For safety reason the car should not have side slip of more than -+ 5m over a distant of 1 km.
To be save go to shop that have simple side slip tester and ask them to carry out the test.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Mazdacar
  • Premium member
    Mazdacar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I have done my inspection at STA sin ming. Seems quite slack. My car side slip quite alot and I am sure more than 5m. But they pass me. Maybe bcs of my full stock car. Haha.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The passing or failing side slip tester is decided by the machine and not by the inspector.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have done my inspection at STA sin ming. Seems quite slack. My car side slip quite alot and I am sure more than 5m. But they pass me. Maybe bcs of my full stock car. Haha.

How u know yr car sideslip quite bad? If inspector tell u....then ask him whats e cause.

If he cfm due to suspension then its time u change yr suspension. If he never say anything then u pass means yr car is ok n ws bluff u earlier.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi guys, i have received a letter from LTA to go for car inspection before my road tax expires in April. May I know wat do they inspect and how much it will cost? i have juz gotton my car for a few mths and i did not go for any Vicom/STA/AA inspection when i bought it. Is this inspection the same as that? any ideas how much it would cost? my fren told me $60++ only.. anything i should do 1st? appreciate ur replies!! thanks in advance!!

Ths one just need you to send your car in for vehicle inspection. Layman term, drive your car there, waste 30 mins of your time and chop you $80! (Cant remb how much. Dun care, cos cannot siam n no choce).

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

haha...now inspection centres also hire foreign talents....recently, i send my motorbike for inspection and the farnie thing is, it takes a FT to tell me a pink iC holder that the original exhaust pipe is modified when it is actually original ! haha..wat a joke and i own this bike for 11 years already. And, my bike passed inspection every year with this exhaust pipe.

So i told him, please ask your senior to come and inspect if " YOU ARE NOT SURE". He cannot be faulting me if he is inexperienced by claiming an original to be modified..CLown. And, his senior passed me eventually haha

Joke !

Edited by YEN96, 25 May 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Mazdacar
  • Premium member
    Mazdacar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

How u know yr car sideslip quite bad? If inspector tell u....then ask him whats e cause.

If he cfm due to suspension then its time u change yr suspension. If he never say anything then u pass means yr car is ok n ws bluff u earlier.

Actually it's quite bad. I am surprise that I manage to pass. I must turn my steering right to keep my car straight. Don't understand how I pass.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha...now inspection centres also hire foreign talents....recently, i send my motorbike for inspection and the farnie thing is, it takes a FT to tell me a pink iC holder that the original exhaust pipe is modified when it is actually original ! haha..wat a joke and i own this bike for 11 years already. And, my bike passed inspection every year with this exhaust pipe.

So i told him, please ask your senior to come and inspect if " YOU ARE NOT SURE". He cannot be faulting me if he is inexperienced by claiming an original to be modified..CLown. And, his senior passed me eventually haha

Joke !

Thats whats happening here now. Bring in all those FT. Dun know nuts n try to act smart.

What to do. Our gharmen wanted to squeeze our salary down lower so ty can increase their own salary higher.

Now all start to backfire n ty got to eat humble pie after e elections.

Thats e way to show them who r e real bosses in SG. We employ them n we can sack them too. smile.gif

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually it's quite bad. I am surprise that I manage to pass. I must turn my steering right to keep my car straight. Don't understand how I pass.

U sud get a reliable tire shop to chk yr alignment n also yr tires.

Last time i rotate my front tires in jb... left to right n right to left. After that my car pull to one side.

I went to eng wah here n vincent see tires got slight uneven wear n put e tires back to previous position n it was ok again.

This was 1st time this happen to me. The tires i bought in jb n its made in msia. Next time i wun buy msia made tires again.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Xlentlow
  • Xlentlow
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I just went to inspection 2weeks ago, the inspection guy told me my undercarriage supposed to have a oxygen sensor, but it was missing so he failed me. after going around searching for a oxygen sensor for my 21yrs old car, a mechanic told me my oxygen sensor is in the engine bay.. I return to inspection centre, showed them the oxygen sensor and subsequently got a pass.
the funniest part is, that inspection guy actually told me to switch the oxygen sensor back to undercarriage when my model oxygen sensor supposed to be in the engine bay.
unsure.gif
happiness is when what you think, what you say, what you do are in unity.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

We'll need to know more about our car than the inspectors.They cant remember all models. And may have somehow generalised some models.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Lovesks1314
  • Lovesks1314
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

soli bros, just want to ask: do the vicom/sta staff specifically go to check exhaust manifold if we drive our car for inspection?

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Lation
  • Premium member
    Lation
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any bro know for inspection if i have DRL installed can i pass inspection by disconnecting the wire of DRL from the batt or i need to remove the whole DRL?

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Proton
  • Proton
    Banned

Any bro know for inspection if i have DRL installed can i pass inspection by disconnecting the wire of DRL from the batt or i need to remove the whole DRL?

try cover wif black tape..make sure cant shine out when u switch on..

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

Proton
  • Proton
    Banned

soli bros, just want to ask: do the vicom/sta staff specifically go to check exhaust manifold if we drive our car for inspection?

hear that tuas vicom boleh..u can try there

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Do not leave the DRL exposed. If you do, they will search for the switch, turn it on and fail you.
Cheers
Ben

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Proton
  • Proton
    Banned

I just went to inspection 2weeks ago, the inspection guy told me my undercarriage supposed to have a oxygen sensor, but it was missing so he failed me. after going around searching for a oxygen sensor for my 21yrs old car, a mechanic told me my oxygen sensor is in the engine bay.. I return to inspection centre, showed them the oxygen sensor and subsequently got a pass.
the funniest part is, that inspection guy actually told me to switch the oxygen sensor back to undercarriage when my model oxygen sensor supposed to be in the engine bay.
unsure.gif

21 year old car??wow ur dad pass down to u?

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Cannot pass...need to take out.
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Cannot pass...need to take out.

if rear light got tint.. oso mus take out right? ph34r.gif
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: car, inspection, car inspection and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users