Car Inspection

Ahrex

soli bros, just want to ask: do the vicom/sta staff specifically go to check exhaust manifold if we drive our car for inspection?

hear that tuas vicom boleh..u can try there

↡ Advertisement

Any bro know for inspection if i have DRL installed can i pass inspection by disconnecting the wire of DRL from the batt or i need to remove the whole DRL?

Do not leave the DRL exposed. If you do, they will search for the switch, turn it on and fail you.

I just went to inspection 2weeks ago, the inspection guy told me my undercarriage supposed to have a oxygen sensor, but it was missing so he failed me. after going around searching for a oxygen sensor for my 21yrs old car, a mechanic told me my oxygen sensor is in the engine bay.. I return to inspection centre, showed them the oxygen sensor and subsequently got a pass.

the funniest part is, that inspection guy actually told me to switch the oxygen sensor back to undercarriage when my model oxygen sensor supposed to be in the engine bay.

[:/]

21 year old car??wow ur dad pass down to u?

Twincharged

Any bro know for inspection if i have DRL installed can i pass inspection by disconnecting the wire of DRL from the batt or i need to remove the whole DRL?

Cannot pass...need to take out.

if rear light got tint.. oso mus take out right? :ph34r:

yes u are right. anything that is not factory fitted one better take out. esp tinted headlamps and tail lamps.

Today I decided to go for car inspection as due soon.

Go to the workshop to switch back stock headlight, while cover my DRL with black tape and plug out the chip from the switch.

Queue for like half an hour @ Yishun Vicom, roughly 10 cars ahead of me.

Paid $62.06, Checked, passed, went to workshop change back aftermarket headlight and remove the black tape covering DRL, then happily go home :)

Supercharged

Paid $62.06, Checked, passed, went to workshop change back aftermarket headlight and remove the black tape covering DRL, then happily go home :)

And you seem so proud of it, knowing very well what you did isn't right ? [shakehead]

Edited by TVT

Today I decided to go for car inspection as due soon.

Go to the workshop to switch back stock headlight, while cover my DRL with black tape and plug out the chip from the switch.

Queue for like half an hour @ Yishun Vicom, roughly 10 cars ahead of me.

I passed my inspection recently with aftermarket DRL... Think DRL should be no issue.

We'll need to know more about our car than the inspectors.They cant remember all models. And may have somehow generalised some models.

[laugh] The inspector can't even open up by bonnet and I am not driving an exotic car! [laugh]

I just went to inspection 2weeks ago, the inspection guy told me my undercarriage supposed to have a oxygen sensor, but it was missing so he failed me. after going around searching for a oxygen sensor for my 21yrs old car, a mechanic told me my oxygen sensor is in the engine bay.. I return to inspection centre, showed them the oxygen sensor and subsequently got a pass.

the funniest part is, that inspection guy actually told me to switch the oxygen sensor back to undercarriage when my model oxygen sensor supposed to be in the engine bay.

[:/]

The guy who inspect yr car is a blardy IDIOT.

Go complain to his boss about him. Make u run here n there for nothing.

Can even tok rots n ask u to switch yr Oxygen sensor to different location. He not qualified to even drive a car.

We'll need to know more about our car than the inspectors.They cant remember all models. And may have somehow generalised some models.

If ty dun know their work, ty sud not b there at all.

Ty sud go sell ice-cream or something similar. [speechless]

yes u are right. anything that is not factory fitted one better take out. esp tinted headlamps and tail lamps.

Last time my rear licence plate light is blue he tell me cannot. I just say that time it blow n I only hv blue led to change, still better than no light at all.

After that he pass me but ask me to change but I never n just left it.

OOPS. Roger. Noted.

Many things ...by right cannot but ...........by left many things can ..............if u know how to tok to them. [rolleyes]

Minor defects ty can still pass u but wil ask u to change/repair asap. [:)]

↡ Advertisement