Question on HDB Season parking

Shull

Family season parking only apply to married couple who buy their own house season parking, then can enjoy 50% discount when they buy the season parking at their parents house? [:/]

↡ Advertisement

Family season parking is only available at carparks where there are sufficient car park lots. If you think about it, those car parks that have season-only parking after 10.30pm means that the car park is already full / are already experiencing shortage, so i doubt HDB would let you apply for family season parking in those car parks.

I tried to apply for family season parking at my parents' place. But have been unsuccessful thus far. That car park (after 10.30pm) is only for season parking. HDB says the nearest available car park that offers family season parking is about 500m away. Of coz i didn't take it. In the end I paid up a normal season parking, at a carpark at the next block of flats from my parents' place (not family season parking, but normal season parking, contingent on availability every month).

Anyway, moral of the story is that family season parking sounds good, but probably don't work in many places.

no leh.

my carpark got many empty lots after 12am.

even then its also season only.

or at most, get the pao ka leow season parking.

can park anywhere anytime.

200+ i think

Edited by Mllcg

or at most, get the pao ka leow season parking.

can park anywhere anytime.

200+ i think

that season parking super exp....unless your job requires parking at different carparks all the time, very hard to find an excuse to apply for this

thats a good question.

let me try to reconstruct the events.

....it did not charge for hourly rate.

that means to say hopefully fatimah dont come.

but i am not sure of those came in before 10.30pm where it switch ovet to full season carpark. Havent try.

After 2230, can still go in for 10 mins. Drop off.

If you go in beyond 10 mins and all the while remain in car, you get charged for the mins exceeding 10 mins

If you go in beyond 10 mins and park, then you pay for the mins beyond 10 mins AND any summon you might get if enforcement officer come.

For those who come in before 2230 and leave after 2230, see last point above.

All this eps parking only make us pay more, they put in at hdb near shopping complex, where when you are waiting for someone, you have to drive super far away to wait. One good example is at NEX.

All this eps parking only make us pay more, they put in at hdb near shopping complex, where when you are waiting for someone, you have to drive super far away to wait. One good example is at NEX.

your statement is not entirely true..putting EPS parking alleviates parking crunch especially at high traffic parking volume area..overall i pay less in all my EPS parking..charges like $0.4x for less than 30mins or $0.7x for less than 1hr of parking..if its compared to using coupons like $0.50/$1.00..i will use less than the allotted time and result in paying more..those places where had EPS installed u can see that vehicles left quickly without holding the precious parking lots..if u meant those who enjoys cheating or do not display coupons at non-EPS at the inconvenience of others..then probably they 'pay more' [laugh]

your statement is not entirely true..putting EPS parking alleviates parking crunch especially at high traffic parking volume area..overall i pay less in all my EPS parking..charges like $0.4x for less than 30mins or $0.7x for less than 1hr of parking..if its compared to using coupons like $0.50/$1.00..i will use less than the allotted time and result in paying more..those places where had EPS installed u can see that vehicles left quickly without holding the precious parking lots..if u meant those who enjoys cheating or do not display coupons at non-EPS at the inconvenience of others..then probably they 'pay more' [laugh]

i still dont understand the EPS grace period.

u leave within 10 mins = grace period

u park 30 mins, they charge u 30 mins.

isnt the first 10 mins supposed to be free?

i'm guessing based on my own opinion..the 10mins grace time is probably given to let the driver search for a lot and to leave the carpark w/o incurring any charges..or for some drivers to wait for someone

Just need a place to wait in the car instead of waiting at the passenger pick up point or taxi stand, drivers can wait at hdb carpark but with those eps system, u will be force to wait far away unless the driver is selfish enough to block the road.

No matter what, there are always pros and cons, I'm stating the cons here.

Twincharged

The first 10 mins isn't supposed to be free. The grace period is only for those who are letting people off.

Twincharged

They are trying to discourage people from parking there. For my block also the same. Got a shopping centre opposite. So on weekends no matter what time you come back there will be no lots. Only after 10.30pm when the whole carpark is for season only then got lots. They converted to no free parking on Sunday after many residents complained and now going to convert to EPS cuz still hard to get a lot on weekends.

Its good that the EPS also stops people from waiting in these carparks. For my block's carpark there are so many people waiting around on weekends that sometimes you need 10min just to exit the carpark. Makes it very dangerous as well.

So I guess they put up the EPS for those carparks near shopping centres cuz they know that sooner or later will have residents complaining about having no lots.

Twincharged

Just need a place to wait in the car instead of waiting at the passenger pick up point or taxi stand, drivers can wait at hdb carpark but with those eps system, u will be force to wait far away unless the driver is selfish enough to block the road.

No matter what, there are always pros and cons, I'm stating the cons here.

Whether it is a pro or con depends on who you ask. If I am a resident there I will think it is a good thing people can't park in the carpark and wait for their passengers. But for those who regularly go there to pick up their family or friends then it'll be a con.

Not exactly good to have EPS. I used 0.50 cents coupon for 1 hour parking. 1 dollar for 2 hours parking. So you tell me, who save more? Of cause, the risk here is kena summon by Fatima. But now, how often?

Not exactly good to have EPS. I used 0.50 cents coupon for 1 hour parking. 1 dollar for 2 hours parking. So you tell me, who save more? Of cause, the risk here is kena summon by Fatima. But now, how often?

true.

even if caught, sometimes if u park a long time, its worth the fine.

like morning go,

they happen to come, u pay $6 fine.

then is $6 for the whole day.

just dont tamper

My house muti-storey car park every day almost full. I reach home about 9pm, I need to park #04A/B already. If 11pm reach home... sure park roof top. Yes, once a while u like kana 4D if you come home late and someone is parked on the lower floor leaves the car-park. Otherwise every morning have to climb 4/5 level to get my car.

How i wish my house muti-storey carpark install EPS parking system. They recently send flyer that they will be installing a lift to the car-park. Just check... will the season holder ticket price still be the same?

THAT is not right. There is a conspiracy in this season car park thing.

I revisited the all season car park at 6.40am, before the season cut off time at 7am.

The barrier for hourly did raised to grant my entry,and LCD message board displayed hourly parking.

If these car park are closed for hourly parking between 10.30 -7, barrier should not raise for non season vehicles.

If they grant entry, that means they accepted the agreement, and should not fine.

I should not have paid the fine so soon.

THAT is not right. There is a conspiracy in this season car park thing.

I revisited the all season car park at 6.40am, before the season cut off time at 7am.

The barrier for hourly did raised to grant my entry,and LCD message board displayed hourly parking.

If these car park are closed for hourly parking between 10.30 -7, barrier should not raise for non season vehicles.

If they grant entry, that means they accepted the agreement, and should not fine.

I should not have paid the fine so soon.

you can still go in for drop off. 10 mins free.

you stay longer than that and within the season parking hours, you will get charged accordingly and you will be liable to get fined if there's enforcement officer around.

This reply to me from HDB will help to clear up doubts on night parking at HDB car Park with EPS. I now reproduce below the letter from the Executive Estates Officer
, Housing Administration Department of HDB:

Dear XXX XXX XXX

SHORT TERM PARKING IN A CAR PARK WITH EPS AFTER 10-.30PM

I refer to your email regarding parking in car parks implemented with the Electronic Parking System after 10.30pm.

2 There will be a 10 minute grace given to all motorists who enters into HDB's car parks. However, please note that some car parks do not offer night parking facilities. Simply put, the car park is reserved solely for Season Holders after 10.30pm. As such, short-term motorists are encouraged to quickly leave the car park within the 10 minute grace period. Failure to do so will subject the motorists to enforcement actions by our enforcement wardens.

3 As for the charging mechanism, there is no difference from the current paper coupon system. The system will charge the motorist on a per-min basis up to a maximum of $4. Taking your illustration as an example, the system will charge you a maximum of $4.00 if you park from 10.30pm till 4.30 am instead of $6.

4 Please feel free to call me at 64902255 if you require further clarifications.

Yours sincerely,

QIU ZHENYANG

EXECUTIVE ESTATES OFFICER

HOUSING ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT

↡ Advertisement