40+ Nissan GTRs Hit The Streets Of Singapore

Zxcvb

I am wondering, based on the video, can the TP (or will the TP) charge these car reckless driving (block up traffic, cause nuisance to other users etc), illegal number plate and donno got speeding a not (watch first 30sec and find bo liao decided not to watch).

Oh and, I am not sour. they can afford such cars, good for them ^_^

shltload of flea used gtr going at 180k , poor man's lambo if u will

Actually your statement of the GTR being a 'Poor man Lambo' isn't quite true, why? To keep ride in the pink

of health with some mods thrown in are more expensive than maintaining a lambo gallardo for starters

Then again i believe most will agree that there's simply too many keyboard warrior or armchair professors who

comment on stuffs that is simply beyond their league & believe you've been ' Weigh/ Measured & Found severely

wanting' from your comments [rolleyes]

actually, a properly tuned GTR can match up to a tuned lambo

To be politically correct, power for power & all things being equal, the GTR would actually EAT all known ' super or hyper cars'

for breakfast/ kopi break/ lunch/ tea break/ dinner & supper then spit all out hollow [blush]

Be it NSHW/ 40 Tiang or Recently concluded Sepang Dyno HP/Torque challenge. If one is talking about Malaysian back roads with

dual carriageway with sharp corners that has lots of- off camber & undulating tarmac that are ridden with pot holes, then all known

'supercars' can stay at home as none have the iron fisted road holding of the GTR :D

Neutral Newbie

Actually your statement of the GTR being a 'Poor man Lambo' isn't quite true, why? To keep ride in the pink

of health with some mods thrown in are more expensive than maintaining a lambo gallardo for starters

Then again i believe most will agree that there's simply too many keyboard warrior or armchair professors who

comment on stuffs that is simply beyond their league & believe you've been ' Weigh/ Measured & Found severely

wanting' from your comments [rolleyes]

To be politically correct, power for power & all things being equal, the GTR would actually EAT all known ' super or hyper cars'

for breakfast/ kopi break/ lunch/ tea break/ dinner & supper then spit all out hollow [blush]

Be it NSHW/ 40 Tiang or Recently concluded Sepang Dyno HP/Torque challenge. If one is talking about Malaysian back roads with

dual carriageway with sharp corners that has lots of- off camber & undulating tarmac that are ridden with pot holes, then all known

'supercars' can stay at home as none have the iron fisted road holding of the GTR :D

do you own a gtr?

i am thinking of buying one.....

if i keep it stock, what would the average cost of maintenance per year?

do you own a gtr?

i am thinking of buying one.....

if i keep it stock, what would the average cost of maintenance per year?

Bro, unfortunately many GTR's have been bought by ppl who have not maintained them

properly.

Basically it's near impossible (am not saying that it is impossible) to locate a GTR that hasn't

been 'molested' in the Mods dept. Why? Cos most are JDM's & have speed limiters hence all

have had ECU remapped by either Amuse or Mines initially. However a lot are also running Cobb AP

piggyback or Haltec.

Then to 'liberate' more power, most have had their rear mufflers changed/ a lot have their mid &

downpipes changed also as the mid & down liberate the most power.

If you do find 'stock' GTR's for sale, then it's highly likely the owners have 'demod' parts

Moreover, many GTR's are running stock semi slicks RFT, these aquaplane easily & many have had

'excursion' to kerbside & their undercarriage chassis subframe has been bent & knock back & these

can't be bought.

If you can find a neatly sorted GTR with virgin undercarriage, then be careful also of the tuning. You

can easily check around which wkshops are the main GTR's tuners- why? Cos mine was tuned by a wkshop

using Cobb AP & the pistons were full of sluged when i decided to rebuilt engine by forging the pistons/ con-rods

& running higher lift cams + Bigger turbos, ST Powered/ Tomei Jpn did my full engine rebuilt.

Lastly, the Gearbox of the GTR is the weakest link, there's many recorded failures for cars fm 08-09'. Therefore

it's impossible to give a benchmark on 'maintainence' since there's many parts that can go wrong. Mind you, my

ride gearbox failed thrice in the last 6 months & each time costing in excess of S$3k to fix it. It was 'strengthen'

together with engine rebuilt but guess s--t happens. To have a fully rebuilt/ bomb proof Gearbox, benchmark approx

S$16-20k, it'll be able to handle 800 WHP & 1050NM of torque

Am in no position to advice you but i can strongly urge/ suggest to you that you seek a car not base on modification

or lack of it as basis to commit. Look for cars that have a complete history by a reputable GTR workshop backed

up with an impressive array of receipts to show since day 1 what has been done to the ride. Armed with these, you'll

be able to make a more logical decision.

There's no hard & fast $ & cents to a GTR maintainence. If all the above ' suggestions' of mine have been met, then it

all really depends on each individual driver & how he/she uses ride or how hard they use it.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, unfortunately many GTR's have been bought by ppl who have not maintained them

properly.

Basically it's near impossible (am not saying that it is impossible) to locate a GTR that hasn't

been 'molested' in the Mods dept. Why? Cos most are JDM's & have speed limiters hence all

have had ECU remapped by either Amuse or Mines initially. However a lot are also running Cobb AP

piggyback or Haltec.

Then to 'liberate' more power, most have had their rear mufflers changed/ a lot have their mid &

If you do find 'stock' GTR's for sale, then it's highly likely the owners have 'demod' parts

Moreover, many GTR's are running stock semi slicks RFT, these aquaplane easily & many have had

'excursion' to kerbside & their undercarriage chassis subframe has been bent & knock back & these

can't be bought.

If you can find a neatly sorted GTR with virgin undercarriage, then be careful also of the tuning. You

can easily check around which wkshops are the main GTR's tuners- why? Cos mine was tuned by a wkshop

using Cobb AP & the pistons were full of sluged when i decided to rebuilt engine by forging the pistons/ con-rods

& running higher lift cams + Bigger turbos, ST Powered/ Tomei Jpn did my full engine rebuilt.

Lastly, the Gearbox of the GTR is the weakest link, there's many recorded failures for cars fm 08-09'. Therefore

it's impossible to give a benchmark on 'maintainence' since there's many parts that can go wrong. Mind you, my

ride gearbox failed thrice in the last 6 months & each time costing in excess of S$3k to fix it. It was 'strengthen'

together with engine rebuilt but guess s--t happens. To have a fully rebuilt/ bomb proof Gearbox, benchmark approx

Am in no position to advice you but i can strongly urge/ suggest to you that you seek a car not base on modification

or lack of it as basis to commit. Look for cars that have a complete history by a reputable GTR workshop backed

up with an impressive array of receipts to show since day 1 what has been done to the ride. Armed with these, you'll

There's no hard & fast $ & cents to a GTR maintainence. If all the above ' suggestions' of mine have been met, then it

all really depends on each individual driver & how he/she uses ride or how hard they use it.

thanks for the long reply. i will take some time to digest it.

one last qn...can you modify the rear seats so that it can seat 3?

i am almost ready to get one soon..but i kinda need 3 people to sit at the back

Edited by Powder

So loud they buay paiseh meh..

If I didn't like the car I would have hated what they did haha.

Actually 'modded' GTR's are NOWHERE near loud as modded NA cars - it's much softer in DB then NA cars. Mind you,

there's approx 30+ to 40 GTR's if i am not mistaken in that clip (Nope, i wasn't there & only met up much later

hence know the numbers of GTR's).

If that is 'LOUD' to you then obviously you might not know how to differentiate what is loud

thanks for the long reply. i will take some time to digest it.

one last qn...can you modify the rear seats so that it can seat 3?

i am almost ready to get one soon..but i kinda need 3 people to sit at the back

Doubt you can modify the rear seats- none has done it before & doubt any would, you'll be the 1st if you decide

Agree fully with RogueGTR. I frequent a workshop that tunes many GTRs as well. Heard that quite a number of GTR owners burst their budget on purchasing the car and thus fall short in the maintenance department.

Actually 'modded' GTR's are NOWHERE near loud as modded NA cars - it's much softer in DB then NA cars. Mind you,

there's approx 30+ to 40 GTR's if i am not mistaken in that clip (Nope, i wasn't there & only met up much later

hence know the numbers of GTR's).

If that is 'LOUD' to you then obviously you might not know how to differentiate what is loud

eh can chill out not? I know you own GTR and I don't know much about it. Happily enjoy reading your experience on GTR and don't have to come and suan me like this. Wasn't making a comparison and that statement was nothing too serious or judgmental. Jeez.

:angry:

if they drove beside me..i sure poke them with my gen2.....make them chuckle a bit [laugh][laugh]

mercy, mercy..... btw, gen2 rear view looks like cousin of elise if i squeeng my eyes hard enough!! outside jap/korea car makers, best looking body in asia :D beating some conti also [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

properly.

piggyback or Haltec.

can't be bought.

Bro it's 100% possible. Don't buy second hand and order brand new from Tan Chong

>>Bro, unfortunately many GTR's have been bought by ppl who have not maintained them

properly.>>

This is true. Many reputable workshop in SIN and MY just tune the GTR for max hp and torque but forgotten reliability.

Most of the owners end up engine blown at their own cost.

Simply lack of R&D and workshop also learning trial and error.

These vids proves a point.

Even though these clowns have the dough, they obviously lack the brains.

Cars like these are best enjoyed on a track, not on the streets; skills not withstanding. [cool]

got money hoalian on the streets also song...

obviously they have the brains to be able to afford the car... why call them clowns?

whether they achieve ethically or not si another topic..

Nice video if you like the cars. I only watched the first view, they doesn"t seems to be speeding so its fine for me, but they need to keep some safety distance.

Worst even thing is friend hitting friends car backside, want to claim also paiseh, don't claim $ luigi.

The convoy is long, thus SG road, so very restrictive in the driving, but thats the problem with big convey trip in SG.

I have been eyeing one for a while & did many research on GT-R as well, so I probably only will add a COBB & tune, which should give a little more than 550bhp. Any more power usually means more maintenance & risk of reliability.

But so far, I have not find a strong desired or compiling reason to have to buy own one, & the price even on used market is still strong, not to mention how tight the roads are around my town. Even my A3 feels like an elephant navigation my street as there are always cars parked on both side of the road, on 2 lane street (1 lane each direction).

But I have huge respect for engineering of the car.

↡ Advertisement