People have low insight ......

Scb11980

People are daft .... really daft

the banks are trying to get rid of the man in street bank account because it is a loosing money business for the bank

that is why DBS is perhaps the only bank that charges a money $2 fee for having a current account

the other banks are hoping these people dont change and come to their bank

banks are cold hearted business

if you got money, they are your best friend

No significant rise in requests for ATM card replacement: DBS

Posted: 24 February 2012 1744 hrs

SINGAPORE: DBS Group said on Friday that there has been no significant increase in requests from customers to have their ATM cards replaced.

This follows Thursday's statement that the bank had been hit by another round of unauthorised ATM withdrawals.

On 19 February, 17 customers were affected and they lost S$23,000.

The bank said customers can help to lower the risk of unauthorised withdrawals by changing their PINs at any of its ATMs.

The bank said it reimbursed the affected customers within 24 hours and de-activated the ATM cards and those of other account holders it felt were at risk.

It said no other unauthorised withdrawals have been made over the past few days.

It added that the latest incident, which is under investigations, was related to the same card skimming operation in which about S$1 million was stolen from 700 customers in January.

Some of the bank's customers expressed their concerns.

One said: "I can only say that the people that did this, they really get better and better. The previous time was done overseas, and this time round they are doing it in Singapore. They've improved!"

Another said: "I will change my PIN, but if this thing happens again, and more people are affected, I might consider changing (to) another bank.""With regards to any system, nothing is perfect and as long as the bank - when anything negative happens - (is) proactive about fine-tuning it, I think it's ok," added a third customer.

↡ Advertisement

let see what the current Foreign indian CEO got to say this time.

Buy him pratas lah, he likes!! Motivations for hard working smart brains.

:D

People are daft .... really daft

the banks are trying to get rid of the man in street bank account because it is a loosing money business for the bank

that is why DBS is perhaps the only bank that charges a money $2 fee for having a current account

the other banks are hoping these people dont change and come to their bank

banks are cold hearted business

if you got money, they are your best friend

SINGAPORE: DBS Group said on Friday that there has been no significant increase in requests from customers to have their ATM cards replaced.

This follows Thursday's statement that the bank had been hit by another round of unauthorised ATM withdrawals.

On 19 February, 17 customers were affected and they lost S$23,000.

The bank said customers can help to lower the risk of unauthorised withdrawals by changing their PINs at any of its ATMs.

The bank said it reimbursed the affected customers within 24 hours and de-activated the ATM cards and those of other account holders it felt were at risk.

It said no other unauthorised withdrawals have been made over the past few days.

It added that the latest incident, which is under investigations, was related to the same card skimming operation in which about S$1 million was stolen from 700 customers in January.

Some of the bank's customers expressed their concerns.

One said: "I can only say that the people that did this, they really get better and better. The previous time was done overseas, and this time round they are doing it in Singapore. They've improved!"

Another said: "I will change my PIN, but if this thing happens again, and more people are affected, I might consider changing (to) another bank.""With regards to any system, nothing is perfect and as long as the bank - when anything negative happens - (is) proactive about fine-tuning it, I think it's ok," added a third customer.

I believe its the government reduction of bank licence that created these downstream issues.

Buy him pratas lah, he likes!! Motivations for hard working smart brains.

:D

You must put a million dollar bank draft in side the prata , otherwise no effect leh . [:p]

Last time my UOB and OCBC card can take money out without a single queue.

Nowadays many wised up........I keep seeing long queues at the two ATM whenever I want to draw money.

Huh? What security feature is there inside of the magstrip ATM card?

The customers know, changing the ATM card does not help. So of course no mass replacement lah.