Compliance Manager career in Financial industry - advice

Panerex77

currently have abt 10yrs accounting and internal controls experience; possess Accounting degree and spent 4 yrs in Big4.

Thinking of making a career switch to a Compliance Managerial position in the financial industry but have no experience in the financial industry.

Hence I reckon it will not be easy for me since i do not have qualifying experience and educational background.

Do you know of any external courses (maybe duration 1-yr which allows me to attend courses in weekends; as weekdays need to work OT late) that i can take to obtain the relevant educational requirements?

And would anyone know what's the typical salary of a Compliance Manager in the financial industry?

thanks for the advice in advance

↡ Advertisement

the experience looks ok to me, i don't think there is any course out there exactly relevant. knowledge of law, regulations is more a matter of experience. salary depends, but should be around 15k per month

currently have abt 10yrs accounting and internal controls experience; possess Accounting degree and spent 4 yrs in Big4.

Thinking of making a career switch to a Compliance Managerial position in the financial industry but have no experience in the financial industry.

Hence I reckon it will not be easy for me since i do not have qualifying experience and educational background.

Do you know of any external courses (maybe duration 1-yr which allows me to attend courses in weekends; as weekdays need to work OT late) that i can take to obtain the relevant educational requirements?

And would anyone know what's the typical salary of a Compliance Manager in the financial industry?

I believe if you can gain experience from working/exposure. If already got experience can be too costly to hire you. Otherwise others can come proaching often.

Compliance manager is a hot seat. anyone in the company get into trouble, compliance mgr head will roll first. Too strict with compliance, reduce business also compliance manager head will roll

I work in a bank and i see that most people who get employed dont necessary have finance knowledge. People in building management, HR, legal dont need to have financial exp but as long as your resume has got the exp esp in a big 4 and can think smartly and quick then it ok

On the job learning mostly

Compliance is segregated into various areas e.g. AML, Securities, Fraud general compliance, risk management.

Where are you looking to get into?

For certification-wise, most of my colleagues have went through this certification - http://www.int-comp.org/ICAsingapore

↡ Advertisement