• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic | 34 praises

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, got my new ride 2 weeks ago. Just finished 1k kms. Wondering if other Q7/Other SUV bros can share their FC in Sg's stop/start traffic. My avg is only 6.5 bigcry.gif but I'm hoping it'll start improving as I started more expressway driving.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Eko6
  • Premium member
    Eko6
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

When you drive Audi, you should not care about FC.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Well... Compared to my previous Mazda6, this Q7 probably drinks about $300 more per month in fuel. Which isn't that big a deal.

Still would be good to know how the other SUVs are doing.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Well Q7 is a 2 tons SUV,6.5km/L is normal for our traffic....
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For Q7, the 3.0 TDI model will be a better choice.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I dont have a Q7.

But with any cars, it is important to know FC.

So we can use it to monitor health status of car.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Well Q7 is a 2 tons SUV,6.5km/L is normal for our traffic....

I'm getting about 12km/l on highways. Need to plan journeys better. My mates X5 does about 7.5 combined. wonder how the Honda Oddys are...

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm getting about 12km/l on highways. Need to plan journeys better. My mates X5 does about 7.5 combined. wonder how the Honda Oddys are...

i'm driving one..

7+ to 8km/litre

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i'm driving one..

7+ to 8km/litre

Eh? Thought it'd be better than that... Heavy foot?

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

Alim
  • Alim
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Agree, more so when it is a SUV.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Cluboxed
  • Premium member
    Cluboxed
    5th Gear
    Author Image

yeah...drive SUV dun nid so concern on FC ba..

2006 : Toyota Soluna
2009 : Honda Civic 1.8
2011 : Honda Civic Type R - Our Red 'H'. You'll only find it on our Formula 1 and Type R cars. It symbolizes Honda's racing challenge; to deliver a car engineered for pure exhilarating performance.

YNWA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

GrandCruiser
  • GrandCruiser
    1st Gear
    Author Image

bro, if you can afford $300k+ Q7, I think a tankful of fuel is nothing to your wallet. don't care about the FC, it shouldn't be any worse with current technology. wink.gif

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Powder
  • Powder
    Banned

im driving XC60, T5.
getting 7.8km/l combined

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

im driving XC60, T5.
getting 7.8km/l combined

thats pretty good. I'll have to try a more sedate driving lol, see if I can come close.

The XC60 is a sweet looking car as well thumbsup.gif I used to own a S60 T5 with the 18" BBS alloys. Never could take a U-turn though... always had to be 5-point turns. Bloody fast though... maxed it to its 245kph once. Scary.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

bro, if you can afford $300k+ Q7, I think a tankful of fuel is nothing to your wallet. don't care about the FC, it shouldn't be any worse with current technology. wink.gif

you're right :) still came as a shocker when I saw the combined figures. Its a bit like asking for an upsized double quarter pounder with cheese and requesting diet coke with that biggrin.gif Totally pointless but you feel somewhat better....

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It is always good to know what is the normal FC for a car, even for a big/expensive SUV. When your car engine is in bad health, the FC drop and you will know somethings is not right.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It is always good to know what is the normal FC for a car, even for a big/expensive SUV. When your car engine is in bad health, the FC drop and you will know somethings is not right.

you're absolutely right thumbsup.gif

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yaloryalor
  • Premium member
    Yaloryalor
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I knew someone would say this. But why shouldnt care? Can afford an expensive car and paying how much for the petrol is diff.
人恶人怕天不怕,人善人欺天不欺;善恶到头终有报,只争来早与来迟。

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Cluboxed
  • Premium member
    Cluboxed
    5th Gear
    Author Image

SUVs are generally bigger in size and thus heavier..and if you coupled with 4wheel drive technology..the FC will suffer but of cos one shld take comparison against similar models and not different classes...like sedans, hatchbacks, coupes...

2006 : Toyota Soluna
2009 : Honda Civic 1.8
2011 : Honda Civic Type R - Our Red 'H'. You'll only find it on our Formula 1 and Type R cars. It symbolizes Honda's racing challenge; to deliver a car engineered for pure exhilarating performance.

YNWA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

Jj5599
  • Jj5599
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I thought expensive cars like Q7 should have fuel efficiency....

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Audi Q7

Audi Q7  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Halo111094  |  1st Gear

The Audi Q7 is the one Audi that shouts too loudly.

Air suspension makes light work of most stuff, but the Q7s body control does come with some downsides it can be a bit firm on Singapore roads. The bonus for that extreme exterior size is a humongous interior you wont be left wanting for... » Read More

Audi Q7

Audi Q7  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mervynwm  |  3rd Gear

Fully Featured Q7 with considerations...

Driven this 2x, once at Audi Sport event to try out the Quattro and the other time was driving a friend's one who bought recently. Exterior looks with the new front grills are "FIERCE", bundled with its dynamic matrix LED lights an... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Audi Q7, Audi Q7 Diesel

Quick Reply

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users