Audi Q7 FC

ins1dious

SUVs are generally bigger in size and thus heavier..and if you coupled with 4wheel drive technology..the FC will suffer but of cos one shld take comparison against similar models and not different classes...like sedans, hatchbacks, coupes...

↡ Advertisement

I knew someone would say this. But why shouldnt care? Can afford an expensive car and paying how much for the petrol is diff.

It is not the brand or price of the car but the TYPE OF CAR.

Who on earth doesn't know that you need to burn more fuel when a moving a big elephant like a SUV?

Who on earth won't floor the accelerator when you have a powerful machine to drive in?

It's kinda oxymoron that some people want high performance and save fuel.

SUV & HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS are known to be guzzlers. Period.

It is not the brand or price of the car but the TYPE OF CAR.

Who on earth doesn't know that you need to burn more fuel when a moving a big elephant like a SUV?

Who on earth won't floor the accelerator when you have a powerful machine to drive in?

It's kinda oxymoron that some people want high performance and save fuel.

SUV & HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS are known to be guzzlers. Period.

No matter you are driving a 1.0L car or a 3.2L car, there is nothing wrong to ask or bench mark the FC with other drivers (about same cat.).

Quoting from TS "Still would be good to know how the other SUVs are doing. "

No matter you are driving a 1.0L car or a 3.2L car, there is nothing wrong to ask or bench mark the FC with other drivers (about same cat.).

Quoting from TS "Still would be good to know how the other SUVs are doing. "

well, at least ts could have done a little research before owning the car (if he is really that bothered by it)... or unless he already did and his fc is way off the average... but logically, wouldn't one find it strange that a monsterous suv like the q7 to have good fc, i would... imo

Edited by 987

I've always calculated how much it costs me per km in fuel. For example, the old Mz6 for me worked out to 25c per km using 95octane fuel. This car, I'm pumping 98octane cos I think its better with the turbo and higher compression... so this with its meagre 6.5 km/l works out to 35c per km. Its not exact. Doesn't help me balance the budget and seems like a silly thing to do... maybe I'm just cheap this way... dad always said I was penny wise and pound foolish...

I know SUV are guzzlers. But some people choose to buy these big b------ds not just for posing :) Me? Needed a big car cos I have a big family. But I still wonder how much I'm spending in fuel. How much this car drinks vs SUV/MPV from other manufacturers.

And as someone said... knowing what the avg is is good when you face some anomaly. Comparing to other SUV is good so I can make an informed decision for next time or when advising someone else.

UPDATE:

I really don't have a problem with how much this Q7 is consuming. I'm not exactly slow on the highway as its a sweet engine. Just thought it'll be good to know how the others are faring. You know... so I can tell my friends... FC no good compared to Volvo lah... or something like that.

Edited by Habeebhashim

I've always calculated how much it costs me per km in fuel. For example, the old Mz6 for me worked out to 25c per km using 95octane fuel. This car, I'm pumping 98octane cos I think its better with the turbo and higher compression... so this with its meagre 6.5 km/l works out to 35c per km. Its not exact. Doesn't help me balance the budget and seems like a silly thing to do... maybe I'm just cheap this way... dad always said I was penny wise and pound foolish...

I know SUV are guzzlers. But some people choose to buy these big b------ds not just for posing :) Me? Needed a big car cos I have a big family. But I still wonder how much I'm spending in fuel. How much this car drinks vs SUV/MPV from other manufacturers.

And as someone said... knowing what the avg is is good when you face some anomaly. Comparing to other SUV is good so I can make an informed decision for next time or when advising someone else.

UPDATE:

I really don't have a problem with how much this Q7 is consuming. I'm not exactly slow on the highway as its a sweet engine. Just thought it'll be good to know how the others are faring. You know... so I can tell my friends... FC no good compared to Volvo lah... or something like that.

Bro, nothing wrong with you asking. Just that FC is really subjective, it differs from driver to driver, load to load & distance to distance.

My full tank ever drop by as much as 100km when I make many short distance trips in a week.

Lastly, you mentioned big family. Then, SUV loaded with many people, so no matter how light footed you are. FC is gonna suffer. [:p]

If you really want to benchmark against other SUVs or know the FC for your car, you can always refer to NEA's Fuel Economy Database Website for ALL registered vehicles in SG

Neutral Newbie

I assumed your car is a brand new car that requires some running in and engine oil change? If that is the case, probably monitoring the FC after your first engine oil change would be more accurate?

I assumed your car is a brand new car that requires some running in and engine oil change? If that is the case, probably monitoring the FC after your first engine oil change would be more accurate?

you're correct. I've done about 2k kms now. After the 1st 1k oil change, the combined cycle is a bit better. Now its upto 7km/l with ~70% highway driving.

Not bad for a 2.5 vehicle I think. Besides, I don't go easy on the throttle anyway.

Bro, when u drive an Audi Q7, you should not be concerned about FC. Have you bought the wrong car? FYI: my 05 A6 gives me average 6km/litre only

Just to share.

My Volvo XC60 T6 3.0 TC is clocking about 8.5km/L on Esso 98. Considering that it weighs close to 2 tons, and under my spirited driving style, I guess I have no complaints... [cool]

I'm getting about 12km/l on highways. Need to plan journeys better. My mates X5 does about 7.5 combined. wonder how the Honda Oddys are...

The crv does 10km per litre under 80pc highway conditions

Edited by FocusWagon

Forester 2.5T (SG model; old boxy shape version)

outdated 4EAT transmission

8KM +/- per litre of 98ron

On highways, gets much better to circa 9km +/- per litre

If whack the bugger hard, the b------d drinks !