New carbon emissions-based vehicle scheme

Darthrevan

Took some Combined Urban data from the NEA website for MPVs:

Now we see some more difference in brands other than image and price, who makes polluting engines, and turbo power below :

Volkswagen Touran Sport 1.4 TSI DSG (1T2HC4) Volkswagen Group 2009 1390 MPV Automatic Petrol 159 g/km

Toyota Wish 1.8 (ZGE20R-HPXNP) Borneo Motors 2010 1798 MPV CVT Petrol 160 g/km

Honda Stream 1.8RSZ AT (RN688BMY) Kah Motor 2010 1799 MPV Automatic Petrol 170 g/km

Proton Exora 1.6L (FZ6YRJXRMA0) Proton Singapore 2009 1597 MPV Automatic Petrol 196 g/km

Chevrolet Orlando 1.8D AT (KLAY / KLA1Y1A51) General Motors 2011 1796 MPV Automatic Petrol 197 g/km

Now, people who buy VW and Wish will say this car has some discount! Why the 1.6 lit Altis is more than 160 g/km??!!

Yup....can see this list from MOT's website. The common models have been categorized according to the CEVS bands

COS12_Egs_of_models_CEVS_bands_Annex_B.pdf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cmon la, talk is cheap. I stayed in JB for 10 years already and dont even bothered to buy an STI or S5 to speed along the highway. The moment u drive out of their safe haven, you get car-jacked and stripped naked in the NS highway. I rather speed in my BMX along Bukit Timah Road!

as an aside... how true is this really? I'm planning on driving to KL sometime end of April. Will have family with me so want to be as safe as possible. Any tips on how to remain inconspicuous with a big Q7 running on 20' alloys [:/] 1st time driving to MY as well [:(]

It just encourage people to buy smaller cars and hydrid cars.

Hybrid cars have their engine tuned to low power, and so naturally the emission is lower. The lower powered engine is then helped by the electric motor.

Car manufacturers are 'cunning' to tweak their engine to produce less emission by tuning and installing large catalytic converters.

With this new rules, it will benefits to buy cars that are specially designed for Europe. Because only in Europe are the cars taxed on CO2 emission basis.

Of course the car manufacturer can 'cheat' by installing a super catalytic converter to absorbe the CO2 untill it meets the minimum level to benefit from the tax rebate.

But how long the catalyst can last is another matter, and may have to replace periodically.

Just search for AdBlue....which is a add on chemical to reduce the NOx for diesel vehicles.

I am sure if demand can justify the 'cheat' to lower CO2 emission to benefit from the tax rebate.

Manufacturer can install similar AdBlue-Petrol to reduce CO2 in vehicles. After getting the tax rebate, whether you carrying one using AdBlue in your vehicle is another matter.

Similarly, cars can detunned to produce low CO2 for honologation purpose.

But a simple ECU upgrade can liberate the full power back to the engine.

There are many ways for manufacturer to play around such emission based taxation.

Yup....can see this list from MOT's website. The common models have been categorized according to the CEVS bands

The common 2.0lit Nissan Teana needs to pay for the higher carbon emission!! The rest are big cc luxury cars.

Just search for AdBlue....which is a add on chemical to reduce the NOx for diesel vehicles.

I am sure if demand can justify the 'cheat' to lower CO2 emission to benefit from the tax rebate.

Manufacturer can install similar AdBlue-Petrol to reduce CO2 in vehicles. After getting the tax rebate, whether you carrying one using AdBlue in your vehicle is another matter.

Similarly, cars can detunned to produce low CO2 for honologation purpose.

But a simple ECU upgrade can liberate the full power back to the engine.

There are many ways for manufacturer to play around such emission based taxation.

u think car manufacturers will bother with singapore's small market?

if in USA maybe they will. ppl there look at costs of car. so by lowering the requirements, easier to get lower.

in singapore, they will send full spec cars for homologation

u think car manufacturers will bother with singapore's small market?

if in USA maybe they will. ppl there look at costs of car. so by lowering the requirements, easier to get lower.

in singapore, they will send full spec cars for homologation

Higher CEV, COE and OMV to an extent jacks up agents selling price? I think agents here have a vested interest in higher prices. Don't they get a commission on the interest which is a decent sum for a loan over 10 years.

Anyone notice Taxi would also enjoy this rebate?

If they want to lower their Capex, they would be start a massive replacement exercise, which mean they will come into Cat.A COE and starting bidding. With this, higher COE premium will offset whatever saving, and that at the end of 10 years, lower PARF to take back for end user.....

On the reverse, not sure if the surcharge is entitle for PARF? if it does, even its $20,000 extra for high emission luxury model on the up front, they actually only pay 45% which is $9,000 for it, as PARF is 55% of ARF?

Complicated...... [:p]

• Praise 1

You may not be wrong.

The car resale value gets more complicated for all cars when it comes to calculation PARF and body value.

I am 99.99% sure surcharge is not entitle for PARF.

Like some of the OPC cars have zero PARF value because the COE + ARF is less than $17K (rebate).

I am 99.99% sure surcharge is not entitle for PARF.

Like some of the OPC cars have zero PARF value because the COE + ARF is less than $17K (rebate).

May not be true. What i understand is:-

For OPC, the rebate of $17k is given off the COE+ARF. So if the COE + ARF is less than $17k, the owner will not have any ARF.

But for the CEVS, the rebate is subject to a minimum ARF payable of $5,000. So the minimum parf should be based on $5000.

May not be true. What i understand is:-

For OPC, the rebate of $17k is given off the COE+ARF. So if the COE + ARF is less than $17k, the owner will not have any ARF.

But for the CEVS, the rebate is subject to a minimum ARF payable of $5,000. So the minimum parf should be based on $5000.

Seen some "low OMV + low COE" OPC car with zero PARF value.....minimum ARF under this new scheme even though is $5,000, but if OPC rebate ($17k) still have balance from COE (say $12k & below - which is highly unlikely now), then the minimum ARF also can be offset....would end up zero PARF.

as an aside... how true is this really? I'm planning on driving to KL sometime end of April. Will have family with me so want to be as safe as possible. Any tips on how to remain inconspicuous with a big Q7 running on 20' alloys [:/] 1st time driving to MY as well [:(]

You should be fine, there are lots of luxury cars running around in KL, most are more bling than your Q7. If you park at hotel, just park at the lobby car park, pay some tips to the guys there to @@ after it.

You should be fine, there are lots of luxury cars running around in KL, most are more bling than your Q7. If you park at hotel, just park at the lobby car park, pay some tips to the guys there to @@ after it.

It's not KL that worries me. But the drive to there in the highway. Should be fine I guess

Cmon la, talk is cheap. I stayed in JB for 10 years already and dont even bothered to buy an STI or S5 to speed along the highway. The moment u drive out of their safe haven, you get car-jacked and stripped naked in the NS highway. I rather speed in my BMX along Bukit Timah Road!

hey balls-less, you talking through your anus ah?

gong simi lj?... you always say JB not safe than you stay there 10yrs you retarded is it?...

yes yes JB not safe pls stay in SG for the rest of your life... dont drive wait accident... use stairs dont take lift wait lift crash... dont cross road wait car bang you... just stay at home dont do anything... wait! cannot breath also wait get choke... knn just die lah...

It's not KL that worries me. But the drive to there in the highway. Should be fine I guess

trust me you have much more to worry in KL then the NSH...

park at your hotel... and i suggest public transport ard KL...

↡ Advertisement