Why is Prius so expensive?

Deckbuild

Super reliable leh. And fuel efficiency.

Don't mind paying a little more for that special car.

Well worth it.

I agree but u can purchase a car that is near reliable at lower cost and still have plenty for fuel....

Neutral Newbie

why is Prius so expensive even in 2nd hand market when the OMV is lower than lots of cars?

No price, no YOM, No OMV, expensive compare to what?

Why not the new Prius C?

That is a much smaller car, I believe if compare to another smaller car Prius c will be more expensive as well.

Wanted to compare it to camry but the ads didn't show OMV,

Compare it against accord instead.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...416&DL=1162

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...351&DL=1000

No wonder you say OMV low and I was puzzled. You are using PI Prius as your basis for comparison. AD Prius is at least $35k. Its OMV is even higher than its more expensive sister, CT200h, at $33k only. The PI Prius' have a much lower OMV but using AD Prius' pricing on the resale market. You keen on getting the Prius?

why is Prius so expensive even in 2nd hand market when the OMV is lower than lots of cars?

One thing I respect about the Prius.. The interior... Swee la... damn futuristic..

Let Mr Clarkson briefly explain to you the process of building a prius in the first 40 seconds of the following video and you will understand why is it so expensive.

Our gahmen is not the most green conscience gahmen in the world probably because our petrol are taxed and they are very very profit driven so they want us to pump more petrol. Ching-Ching!

I also wondered, hybrid cars are usually significantly more expensive than normal cars (god knows why), so if you are thinking of saving petrol and saving the environment, driving a hybrid car in singapore may not be the best solution for you. If you take a loan, the extra amount of loan that you are paying every month is fixed and always up there. If you buy a normal car which consumes more fuel but u pay less on monthly loan payment. So I believe the best way to save petrol and the environment (in singapore), is to buy a normal car and drive less and with more conscience e.g plan your route, avoid unnecessary braking, no hard throttle, remove unnecessary weight etc etc etc. This way you save on monthly payment, save petrol spending, save your pocket from being burnt. Just my two cents worth.

No wonder you say OMV low and I was puzzled. You are using PI Prius as your basis for comparison. AD Prius is at least $35k. Its OMV is even higher than its more expensive sister, CT200h, at $33k only. The PI Prius' have a much lower OMV but using AD Prius' pricing on the resale market. You keen on getting the Prius?

Oh, I didn't know I used PI Prius OMV, now I know why it's so expensive. I'm quite keen in getting one but the price is so crazy. Even after the CEV rebates from next yr onwards, it's still not attractive as compare many other cars.

↡ Advertisement