• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
124 replies to this topic | 111 praises

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,
Just wondering whether there are any Volvo owners here...not just restricted to XC90.

Will you buy a Volvo now, since they are owned by Geely? Any concerns about future quality of services and parts?

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

Powder
  • Powder
    Banned

Hi guys,
Just wondering whether there are any Volvo owners here...not just restricted to XC90.

Will you buy a Volvo now, since they are owned by Geely? Any concerns about future quality of services and parts?

i am a volvo owner.

Yes, will buy (apparantly).

just dont buy jap cars anymore (and cars like koup, wrx etc)
waste your money...

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i am a volvo owner.

Yes, will buy (apparantly).

just dont buy jap cars anymore (and cars like koup, wrx etc)
waste your money...

and picanto too................
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if you are thinking of getting XC90, you should siam XC90T6 model.
my colleague sold off his 2year old car due to gear box problem.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Datura
  • Premium member
    Datura
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

no will not buy volvo, no more prestige anymore

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

no will not buy volvo, no more prestige anymore

wake up la.....so many things are own by the Chinese.
1 fine day, Mercedes and BMW will also be partially own by the Chinese.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ok thanks, will check when I am at the showroom.

Was thinking of the Volvo or the Touraeg, but have heard a few bad things about VW, so shifting my attention to other makes.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Aiyoo...GB problem there too? Is it not 5/6 speed Auto?? What is wrong with 50 years old design?

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

heard my colleague mentioned T6 is using GM gearbox.
The rest are using the Japan Aisin gearbox.
something like that.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

0wnage
  • Premium member
    0wnage
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Was thinking of the Volvo or the Touraeg, but have heard a few bad things about VW, so shifting my attention to other makes.

I think the Touareg is a good choice. Get the hybrid happy.gif
Well, every AD surely has its own problems; you probably heard more about VW only.
I suppose their service will improve and servicing time will shorten when their 2nd showroom (which does servicing too) opens.
The Touareg's 8speed ZF gearbox should be more reliable than their 7speed DSG counterparts.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Refresher76
  • Refresher76
    Banned

Want to buy Volvo, expect bad fuel comsumption.
This is not quoted by me.

http://www.mycarforu...owtopic=2674824
每個人應該熱愛動物,因為它們很好吃 !

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Princey_anne
  • Premium member
    Princey_anne
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I think the volvo pricing is very attractive, so far the service staff reply to us promptly.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Want to buy Volvo, expect bad fuel comsumption.
This is not quoted by me.

http://www.mycarforu...owtopic=2674824

almost 2ton suv, what type of FC do you expect?
7-8km/litre is ok to me.

if looking for fc, dont buy suv.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I had a Volvo S60 T5 in DXB. Fast car, looked good in its low sports kit and 18" BBS alloys. Comfortable in long drives... I'm talking about a 2200km drive from Dubai to Salalah and back. Stable at high speeds as well.

Trouble though is resale value. Very poor. And servicing costs which are very high. Don't know how the agent here does things but in Dubai, it was expensive for these things.

Pricing here is also too tough to accept... on par or more with the luxury Germans? I feel it should be about 10-15% cheaper than them.

The car is otherwise nicely designed, built well and safe. Doesn't matter if the ultimate owner is Geely.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Aiyoo...GB problem there too? Is it not 5/6 speed Auto?? What is wrong with 50 years old design?

No idea. But I had a broken GB with my 5-speed AT as well. But than, I really thrashed that S60 so that could be a reason biggrin.gif

Edited by Habeebhashim, 09 March 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Lalaisgongon
  • Lalaisgongon
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Have an s40. Love. The new V40 looks great and the s60 is one of my most fav car. Hmm prestige? depends? If you want to let people know you can afford a 200k luxury german car, then this prob will NOT do for you. Volvo in imo is more of an understated car, people (who drives or driven it) know its pretty comfortable and safe and has most tech features of German counterparts. even in singapore the prices are maybe slightly lower only. (what to do? COE what)

Pple will tell you the BMW ultimate driving machine ( yes) Merc (ultimate status machine). audi (INbtw both Machine). Volvo is like the (ultimate under appreciated machine)

Check out this article on motortrend, not saying its perfect but it shed some lights on the compact executive range of cars.

http://www.motortren...dan_comparison/

and volvo s60 came out 2nd!!:)

oh and if you terrible concern about FC or road tax (displacement) your better off with merc or audi mostly 1.8 with turbo. Volvo still uses 2.0 with turbo, givin 240bhp (which is pretty high for its price in sg)

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

Lamemonster
  • Lamemonster
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

ive seen many many xc90/80 being send in to ws.... due to many many reason that agent ws could not solve ...

u can visit that ws and see for yourself ...at amk autopoint level 3 oppsite BMS

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Lalaisgongon
  • Lalaisgongon
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

ive seen many many xc90/80 being send in to ws.... due to many many reason that agent ws could not solve ...

u can visit that ws and see for yourself ...at amk autopoint level 3 oppsite BMS

i dont think is cause agent cannot solve. is agent solve but chop you like siao. SM is expensive

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Nonetheless
  • Premium member
    Nonetheless
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

if i not wrong, new cars bought from SM will come with 5yr free servicing and warranty

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Akula
  • Premium member
    Akula
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Had a XC90 2.5T for 4yrs 7months. Except for a limit switch that "failed" causing the "check ABS" light to come on, It did not fail me.

Starts with a single crank every time. Battery was never changed during ownership.

Only mod done to the car was upgrade to 19inch rims and tires.

FC bef mod abt 7.5km/litre, after mod generally below 7km/litre.

comes with 3yrs warranty and FULL maintence, including things like wipers and 1 time brakes pad change etc.....

Loved the car, jus itchy backside changed to a coupe..... SM service is v good!

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Volvo, XC90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users